Carlisle vs. Douglass Regional Final battle #3?

Instigator

Both teams are undefeated in their districts and look set to make a run in the playoffs and hopefully an appearance in the state tournament. Can Douglass finally get over the hump and beat Carlisle this year, or will Carlisle pull it out in a one-game series again?

Both teams are undefeated in their districts and look set to make a run in the playoffs and hopefully an appearance in the state tournament. Can Douglass finally get over the hump and beat Carlisle this year, or will Carlisle pull it out in a one-game series again?

West Sabine, Cushing, Colmesneil, or Evadale may have a little something to say about that!

West Sabine doesn't have the pitching to beat either of these teams. Cushing doesn't have the pitching either. Cushing beat Carlisle in a scrimmage (which don't mean anything) and Cushing just got beat by Douglass last week. Douglass is probably the better all around team and can beat anybody but Brightwell is probably the best 1A pitcher in East Texas. He has already thrown 3 no-hitters this year. A one game series could make for another epic game!

• 1 month later...

Carlisle in three, dont think anybody has Brightwell's number this year. And carlisle's number 2 is better than people give him credit for, I honestly believe it will be a good series but carlisle finds ways to win in the crunch as proven in the past, ie. The suicide squeezes last year to get by teams that were as good (WS) .Douglass is the top ranked team in our classification and rightfully so, but Evadale was number 2 and they are sitting at home, we are the defending state champs for a reason and until somebody takes us down ,we remain so. Now that being said , if we loose I will surly root for them to win it all.....

I think i will take Douglass because they're better probably. Hey, where they playing I might try to go coach them up.

Lufkin at Frank Morris Park, Thursday at 7, Saturday at 2. With all this rain we are supposed to have I wonder if they will be able to play Thursday? Also, does anybody know why they chose Lufkin? The past 2 years this games has brought a bunch of fans, I don't know how big Lufkin is but it cant be as big as SFA or U.T. Tyler?

There was a lot more to the game than just a 7-0 beating. Both teams pitched their number 1. In the 3rd inning Carlisle's pitcher walked 5 batters in one inning due to a steady rain. Then the rain stopped when Douglass took the field in the 4th. When Carlisle took the field in the bottom of the 4th the bottom fell out and the game went into a 30 minute rain delay. After the delay Carlisle decided to pull their ace and save him for Saturday. They put 2 kids that I assume haven't pitched much all year in to close the final 3 innings. Douglass would have won no matter what do to the rain induced 3rd inning but 7-0 doesn't tell the whole story. Saturday should be interesting seeing how Carlisle's 1 and 2 will be good to go.

Dude, Wallace is the #1 or has been all year. Holland is very capable of being the ace at any 1a school in the state. Both teams pitched with a wet ball and played DEFENSE on the same field. Everyone always brings up the #1 and #2. We have 5 guys that can pitch lights out on a given day. There is another soph on the team that has more velocity than any of them, he struggles with command at times but you can call Woodville and ask what he's like when he is on.

Dude, Wallace is the #1 or has been all year. Holland is very capable of being the ace at any 1a school in the state. Both teams pitched with a wet ball and played DEFENSE on the same field. Everyone always brings up the #1 and #2. We have 5 guys that can pitch lights out on a given day. There is another soph on the team that has more velocity than any of them, he struggles with command at times but you can call Woodville and ask what he's like when he is on.

No excuses for Carlisle, they probably would have lost either way. I was just stating that it was kind of funny that the rain stopped in the 3rd and 4th when Douglass pitched and picked up substantially when Carlisle took the field. Also, your right Wallace might be the number #1 but he is also the same pitcher Carlisle beat last year. I expect 2 games tomorrow, I don't know who will win but I expect more competitive games than yesterdays

No excuses for Carlisle, they probably would have lost either way. I was just stating that it was kind of funny that the rain stopped in the 3rd and 4th when Douglass pitched and picked up substantially when Carlisle took the field. Also, your right Wallace might be the number #1 but he is also the same pitcher Carlisle beat last year. I expect 2 games tomorrow, I don't know who will win but I expect more competitive games than yesterdays

Should be fun. I thought I would be home to watch it, but South Texas won't let me leave.

Should be fun. I thought I would be home to watch it, but South Texas won't let me leave.

If it's raining elsewhere in East Texas like it is in Center, the game may come to you. They may have to go that far to find a dry field, LOL.

If it's raining elsewhere in East Texas like it is in Center, the game may come to you. They may have to go that far to find a dry field, LOL.

That would be awesome. I'd shut this rig down and take everyone with me. ( with our phones off).lol