10 Games in - Was it worth it?

DatGuy

Now we're still early in the season with only 10 games in. How is the Kinsler/Fielder swap looking to you guys?

Kinsler: 10/32 with 6 Runs, 1 2B, 1 HR, 3 RBI, 2 SO, 2SB , Avg .313

Fielder: 6/37 with 3 Runs, 2 2B, 0 HR, 3 RBI, 5 SO, 0 SB, Avg. .162

In my opinion Fieldeer cannot protect Beltre in the line up batting 3rd. If I am Wash I dont hesitate to pull the trigger and either switch Beltre and Fielder 3/4 or bring up Rios to 3rd and drop Prince to 5th spot.

I know it wont last long but Fielder's presence in the line up is not even close to what Kinsler's is in detroit right now at this moment.

In ten games is has not been worth it you guys. I thought Kinsler would always be with the Rangers, but our team has been hit hard and it's all about the dollar and loyalty has been removed from the dictionary.

Our Team? you sure do talk alot about Texas and its problems. Look up north and the 175 million dollar team that hasnt done much but become a soft shell of its past.

In ten games is has not been worth it you guys. I thought Kinsler would always be with the Rangers, but our team has been hit hard and it's all about the dollar and loyalty has been removed from the dictionary.

Kinsler was getting paid very well and was not producing. At the end of the day, you have to fix the problem of lack of run production. Moving Kinsler made sense. Now, will Fielder live up to the contract the Rangers gave him? Only time will tell.

I don't miss Kinsler's lack of Hustle on routine ground balls, nor his rally killing popups. I thought Prince would start off better...but with a record of 4-5 only 9 games in, it's way to early to judge what his season is going to be like. I will wait until ASB to freak out or not.

I don't miss Kinsler's lack of Hustle on routine ground balls, nor his rally killing popups. I thought Prince would start off better...but with a record of 4-5 only 9 games in, it's way to early to judge what his season is going to be like. I will wait until ASB to freak out or not.

Totally agree.

I can agree on stats for the 2 players. What i dont agree is the saying lets wait til the all-star break to make judgement. The past 2 years we've come down to the very last game of the season to decide if we go to the playoffs or not. I can understand the statement its spring training, but not now these games count 1 or 2 or 3 of these losses were preventable and very well could jeopardize our spot in the playoffs. Are you going to lose quite a few possibly, I would much rather it be blow out losses than these by 1 or 2 runs.

In a purely strictly player comparison...do those 4 hits (the difference in the 2) really make that big of a difference in 10 games? Yes maybe if those 4 hits all came at a time when there were RISP in the games that the rangers lost...but I don't recall that happening too often with fielder.

• 1 month later...