Crockett

bulldogfan12

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not surprised. Knew this was coming for a while....

Some good young players. Not as good of a job as it was 5 years ago, but not bad. Especially with new jobs moving in to the county. Look for a lot of people to move back that had to leave when state school was closed down....

The AD was a good man trying to bring discipline back to Crockett. Some people want wins right away so they let a good coach go. He was improving Crockett. Oh well! Hopefully the new coach can bring Ckt back to glory.

Cancer Gone

I interviewed in Crockett for the OC job a few years ago. Didn't get it because the outgoing HC got it. Can't remember the former AD/HC's name but really seemed like a good guy. Everyone I met that day, except for the Superintendent, seemed like good people. The superintendent may have been a good one but he made some comments to me about the kids that were very inappropriate in my opinion.

What class are they going to be? Who will be in their new district?

3A division 2 even though this is a move up it's really a drop because Crockett didn't move up but 1/2 division.

The last time Crockett dropped in class the Crockett faithful (like maxjean) just knew Crockett would win State; So with this being a drop, does this mean that Crockett will have another shot at state.

3A division 2 even though this is a move up it's really a drop because Crockett didn't move up but 1/2 division.

The last time Crockett dropped in class the Crockett faithful (like maxjean) just knew Crockett would win State; So with this being a drop, does this mean that Crockett will have another shot at state.

It's not a move up at all. The new 3A is the old 2A. They dropped from D1 to D2. Looking at how they struggled the last couple of years, and the fact that they are in a district with Newton, Corrigan-Camden, and Garrison, I don't expect many title predictions. The last couple of years have made old maxjean something of a realist.

That could be a pretty tough district. Crocker seems to have a good amount of athletes. What seems to be the problem? Discipline, kids don't come out?...

I'm sure the reasons depend on who you ask. Ive come to understand that their enrollment has dropped big time due to lots of move-outs. I don't know what the main employers in the district are, but oil and gas drilling in East Texas has fallen off significantly, leading to out-migration in some areas.

That could be a pretty tough district. Crocker seems to have a good amount of athletes. What seems to be the problem? Discipline, kids don't come out?...

your correct,out of the 16 varsity basketball players only 4 played football and as we all know that basketball team had alot of good athletes.

True. That could very well be hurting them. Thanks for the insight.

When the state school shut down, a lot of families had to leave Crockett in search of new jobs. Add that to a lot of students transferring to other county schools, it has really taken a toll on Crockett football.

A new private juvenile facility company has moved in and reopened the state school. They have recently met some resistance from a Senator in Houston, but look to be moving past that, and will be fully operational soon. That should be a big boost, bringing a lot of jobs back into the county.

Still no insight to who will be brought in, but I do know this was not a mutual split. Kettler was stripped of his AD/HFC title, but was told he could return to CISD as a teacher next year.

This is the first of many changes coming down the pipe in Crockett.