Texas Tech Class of 2015

DLine06

Big pickup for Tech on the 2015 recruiting trail. Breiden Fehoko, little brother to former Red Raider, Sam Fehoko, committed to Texas Tech as the #11 DT in the country, and a top 100 player nationally according to Rivals with offers all over listed at 6'3, 290 bench of 430, etc.

Getting Stidham was huge but this may be the best defensive recuit we have had in a very LONG time as we add depth to the defensive line. Possibly a true freshman starter or on the 2 deep when he gets to school.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2014/4/14/5613892/breiden-fehoko-commits-texas-tech-red-raiders

Nice pickup. KK will do good things there. He understands how to appeal to recruits despite some of Techs limitations as far as facilities, history, ect... Tech made a good hire IMO.

History maybe. Facilities are not bad here as even reported by some Florida St Alumni I've met.

What we do lack though is an indoor practice facility considering that the weather we have here is so bipolar and, we're the only Big 12 team to not have one.

That brings Tech to two solid 4 star players via Rivals/5 stars overall on other websites.

History maybe. Facilities are not bad here as even reported by some Florida St Alumni I've met.

What we do lack though is an indoor practice facility considering that the weather we have here is so bipolar and, we're the only Big 12 team to not have one.

That brings Tech to two solid 4 star players via Rivals/5 stars overall on other websites.

I didn't mean that as in the facilities are bad... Just that it not like tech is in the elite category or known for their super nice facilities or anything like that. They aren't a program like Oregon who didn't have much success but built their program based on facilities.

Lubbock and the cow smell is your biggest obstacle. I actually like the school and statium. Its kinda small but nice IMO.

I would think that the dust is worse than the "cow smell". And from what I hear there is as much to do in Lubbock as there is in Bryan/ College Station. Not that its a knock on either place. It just small college cities. College Station offers grass and some nice clean restaurants, Lubbock offers good BBQ, nice local bands, and a lot of dirt.

There is rarely a bad cow smell in Lubbock. the feed lots are all north of Lubbock--that is a smell indigenous to Amarillo. Lubbock is pushing 300K in population. They have almost every restaurant that is in the DFW area plus LOTS of good locally owned places too. There is a lot to do there--concerts, clubs and just the fun atmosphere of the school. If you look at the quotes of the kids who have recently been recruited there, they love Lubbock and the whole Tech experience.

Henderson--how many times have you been to Lubbock?

Just twice for what its worth when I lived in Odessa. However I liked what I saw its not really that bad of a place . Like College Station it has a bad rep thats not really deserved. I think our Austin friends can be thanked for that.

Funny how you blame it all on UT fans when not one single negative comment was made by a UT fan on this thread. In fact, a t-shirt Aggie made the most negative about Lubbock.

actually, I have rarely heard negative comments about Lubbock from UT fans (not sure they care enough to say anything bad) Most comments come from aggie fans. and truly, CS is not that great of a town. it's biggest advantage over Lubbock is that it is not far from Houston and only 2-3 hours from Dallas. Lubbock is much larger than CS and has most of the advantages of a larger city........

well my little follower. I actually was giving Tech props and my opionion was actually a good one. Texas fans have been knowned for their negative press about others towns.

Well, I knowed this much, fans from every school other than ATM are sure glad your daddy was born in Bryan instead of a small town near their school. I sure enough knowed that to be true.