Coaching stipend average?

faderoute

I'm just curious (and this may be the wrong place to ask) but what is the average amount extra a coach gets paid if he/she is a teacher. Let's say 8th grade science teacher, coaching a middle school football team, high school football teams, helping with basketball and track. I know there is no right precise answer but a ballpark figure would suffice.

I'm just curious (and this may be the wrong place to ask) but what is the average amount extra a coach gets paid if he/she is a teacher. Let's say 8th grade science teacher, coaching a middle school football team, high school football teams, helping with basketball and track. I know there is no right precise answer but a ballpark figure would suffice.

Pretty sure its the other way around when it comes to your first sentence. Coaches get their teacher salary which is the most and then get paid extra for their coaching assignments.

95% of assistant coaches are teachers/coaches...meaning they earn their teacher paycheck and then they get coaching stipends. The other 5% are paraprofessionals that still draw a salary first and then stipends. the stipends vary by school district but are normally in the 2-3k range per sport for a pure assistant.

Really depends on the "area" of Texas you coach in.......Most of the time as others have said....it's 2500-3000 per sport in JH...and 3500-4000 per sport in HS....NOW most schools pay DAYS.....from 5-19 days.....you usually get paid your "DAILY" rate per day for your days.....if you get 5 days then 5 days at your daily rate.....that pay is for your "extra" days of 2-a-days...usually 10 days....IF you get in a situation where they pay more than that.....can get into some pretty good money.....also have been in situations where they pay as much as 19 days.....BUT still on a 10 m0nth contract....remember 20 days would be a 11 month contract....meaning getting paid from August to July....IF you ever leave that situation...would not get a pay check for almost 2 months!!!!......Was in a situation where the supt paid you 10 days BUT since it was "NOT DURING SCHOOL" paid his football/volleyball coaches $75 per day for their 10 days.....NOT a good situation.....have even been in a district...OIL....that would add your stipend $$$...then get your "daily rate"...and pay 15 days.....those are few...especially NOW....BUT would not trade ANY of the experiences, friends and lasting relationships that I have been a part of for over 30 yrs....ALWAYS TELL THE STORY.....My first job was in Arkansas in1979....Little Rock Central...was paid $7500.00 TOTAL....5,000 FOR TEACHING AND 2500 FOR COACHING 3 SPORTS...Have come a LONG WAY since then!!!!!...When I tell kids that...they ask A MONTH????.....no per year!!!!!

That's a good estimate. I coach 3 sports and draw about $6000 for all 3.

Dang, I was coaching 3 varsity sports for 3000 per annum until a couple of years ago. Almost felt guilty when they took me up to 3500 and dropped a sport.

Sure do miss those days.