PG's Kevin Davis to Carthage?

LEopardBaller

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carthage got a great coach in kevin davis. great football coach/ AD . baseball success cost football program.

The baseball success had nothing to do with footballs downfall. People quit playing football because nobody on the coaching staff had the will to win. Losing was ok. They have the talent to win games just not the coaching.

The baseball success had nothing to do with footballs downfall. People quit playing football because nobody on the coaching staff had the will to win. Losing was ok. They have the talent to win games just not the coaching.

What talent? Antonio Graves, Reid and the rest of them have been gone Davis had done good with what he has had to work with IMO

What talent? Antonio Graves, Reid and the rest of them have been gone Davis had done good with what he has had to work with IMO

I didn't know winning 4 games in 3 seasons was doing good with what he had. In fact that's awful. Here another thing for you, how come the 7th and 8th grade teams win and when they get to high school they can't even compete. Tells me there being better coached in 7th and 8th grade.

Go look and see how many of those 7th and 8th graders go straight baseball when they get into high school

lets get something straight they are better coached in the seventh and eighth grades....coach phillips is one of the two best coaches on the whole pg staff...some do go straight to baseball but if the ad would just show up to the seventh and eighth games maybe the kids would keep playing....go the the middle school and talk to the kids and tell them how important they are to the success of pg athletics....the kids play for coach phillips because they love him and respect him....they play for coach jones because they love him and they respect him....both of those two men make the kids better players and better people.....kids do not enjoy football after the eighth grade and more kids quit than just go to baseball

If he's such a bad coach then why is he going to Carthage

not a bad coach just not a good ad......sometimes you have to make tough decisions as an ad and that just was not kd's strong point....he tried to ride the middle of the fence on all situations and you cant do that as an ad....then not letting jones coach football he did because the other coaches wanted it that way....have to make the hard decisions that are best for the program not some of the coaches....at carthage he just gets to coach and not make the executive decisions

not a bad coach just not a good ad......sometimes you have to make tough decisions as an ad and that just was not kd's strong point....he tried to ride the middle of the fence on all situations and you cant do that as an ad....then not letting jones coach football he did because the other coaches wanted it that way....have to make the hard decisions that are best for the program not some of the coaches....at carthage he just gets to coach and not make the executive decisions

Actually Kevin was an excellent AD and football coach. Every program on the boys and girls side have done very well over the last few years. There's a reason why none of the coaches wanted Craig to coach football. Same reason so many coaches have left in droves. Kevin is a fine man and a fine coach. Sounds like some folks have developed bitterness towards him, sad to see. Misplaced because they just don't know. So very thankful that my son was lucky enough to play for Kevin. He's the better for it. Wish Kevin and his family the best. Also wish Craig and his sons the best and success and improvement in all areas of his life. Very glad my son got to play for Craig also, no dislike or disrespect for Craig either.

A lot of people speculated that recently, with the talk of Jones. I think all possibilities have as much a chance of coming to be as that one.

I know he and his family will be missed by Hawk Nation. He is a fine man, and regardless of what people think of his coaching, he was good for the program.

Lots of recent success in areas other than football show an overall healthy program. Baseball is just the prominent one.

Coach had to work with what he had, and that number has been meager. That reason is another topic.

I wish him well at Carthage, and to whomever accepts the challenge of replacing him as well.

No dog in this conversation as I am a complete outsider to PG. I have found Mr Davis to be a good person. From the outside, PG athletics have been very successful during his tenure. As an AD, it is his role put the right pieces in place to develop the kids in their chosen sports. I think he gets an A. The problem is most people grade an AD based on one sport. I can not comment on football, but if he did not understand "X's" and "O's" I doubt Carthage would put him in charge of the offense.

Best of luck to Kevin in his future endeavors.

No dog in this conversation as I am a complete outsider to PG. I have found Mr Davis to be a good person. From the outside, PG athletics have been very successful during his tenure. As an AD, it is his role put the right pieces in place to develop the kids in their chosen sports. I think he gets an A. The problem is most people grade an AD based on one sport. I can not comment on football, but if he did not understand "X's" and "O's" I doubt Carthage would put him in charge of the offense.

I agree. I have no dog in this fight either. And like bordertown said, Carthage isn't going to put just anyone in charge of their offense. He obviously knows his stuff.

I can assure you that Coach Surratt will be running the Offense. Surratt will call the plays and plan the attack. Davis will be the O line coach and OC in title. Best of luck and great move for him.

Carthage is getting a great coach and great guy. You can't say he is a bad AD because of the football record the past few years. He hasn't had much to work with as far as football goes anyway. Why do so many people here think football is the only sport that matters? PG has enjoyed success on golf, basketball, powerlifting, baseball, softball, and I think they even had a pretty good track team I heard. Congrats and good luck to coach Davis.

I hope coach wells can do as good of job at LE as Davis has done at PG as far as making all sports important.