THE OFFICIAL RANGERS @ ASTROS 3-GAME SERIES THREAD (May 12-14)

Rangers reached the "quarter pole" in the baseball marathon. Considering all of the ailing arms they have had they are doing fair being only 3 1/2 games back in the West. Looking forward to a healthy staff that can lift this group up. Swinging the bats would help just a little...............hopefully.

Someone said it best last night if the Rangers have a strength and conditioning coach he should of been out the door awhile ago. Time to keep tabs on these guys during the off-season and see if they are continuing to train. I am agreeing with players should not try to play ball 365 days a year. If your a pro and its not the baseball classic then there is no sense to play for your country league.

It is a smoking gun Btex! Ya'll have been saying make assumptions in August and its to early in the season. With the injuries piling up and 2 pitchers possibly going season ending surgery dont think we can wait til August. Time to do the right thing and trade for David Price send (Profar, Saldinas, Odor) TB's Pick, and a couple of other prospects. We are going to need someone else in this rotation. Will that save the season I dont know, but maybe it will light a spark on the fuse to spark things up!

Can NOT trade Profar. NO way No how! You really think one pitcher is going to make a difference! No way! That is the craziest thing I have heard! Superman can not come in and pitch every 5 games and save this team. It has to be a team effort and trading everyday players for a 5 day guy is dumb. Who do you want to put at 2B you trade those guys??

Can NOT trade Profar. NO way No how! You really think one pitcher is going to make a difference! No way! That is the craziest thing I have heard! Superman can not come in and pitch every 5 games and save this team. It has to be a team effort and trading everyday players for a 5 day guy is dumb. Who do you want to put at 2B you trade those guys??

You can part ways with 1 of the young guys. Yes you traded away Ian for Fielder because profar was going to be your guy. We have yet to see him this year and see if he can handle playing everyday. Getting Odor and Saldinas game time expereince is a plus if you do decide to pull the trigger on starting pitching.

If you think this rotation now with Yu, Tepesch, Lewis, Ross. Jr, can keep us with in reach in August then you are a bafoon.

Hitting isn't going on in this line up, I am afraid to tell ya but if a team scores 4 to 5 runs on us its doubtful we can rely on our bats to come back.

You make a splash bringing in Price, show the players and fans your not giving up on the season. A player of Price's caliber can spark a team. Atleast then you will have a shot 2 out of the 5 days you bring them in to pitch.

If you haven't notice the A's are playing pretty good ball lately. Our pitching is going down hill quick!

You can part ways with 1 of the young guys. Yes you traded away Ian for Fielder because profar was going to be your guy. We have yet to see him this year and see if he can handle playing everyday. Getting Odor and Saldinas game time expereince is a plus if you do decide to pull the trigger on starting pitching.

If you think this rotation now with Yu, Tepesch, Lewis, Ross. Jr, can keep us with in reach in August then you are a bafoon.

Hitting isn't going on in this line up, I am afraid to tell ya but if a team scores 4 to 5 runs on us its doubtful we can rely on our bats to come back.

You make a splash bringing in Price, show the players and fans your not giving up on the season. A player of Price's caliber can spark a team. Atleast then you will have a shot 2 out of the 5 days you bring them in to pitch.

If you haven't notice the A's are playing pretty good ball lately. Our pitching is going down hill quick!

The problem with Price are his numbers are down. Teams are hitting him hard right now and not sure he would give that boost you are looking for...

Trading three young guys for a quick fix will not do the job. Looks like we need more that one guy now!

where in the world did you get trading three young guys? I said let Tampa Bay take their pick either (profar, odor, or saldinas) they will also want prospect pitching.

Topher - Being his last year in Tampa, I think he is ready to be out of there! new scenery might do him some good as well.

Your trade is crazy. First it will take 3 top prospects to get Price who has shown decline over last 2 years. Second that only gives you one piece to the rotation, they are missing 3. Next you trade away players who can have an impact on the team in 1 to 2 years giving you the ability to sign top pitchers in the off season because of their low salaries. All that becomes is another Garza trade.

You have to fight through hope Holland comes back strong, but the rotation just lost two arms, one for 12-14 months, the other maybe for good. If you believe that by getting Price we are competing for a WS do it, but right now nobody in baseball thinks that.

BY the way your smoking gun, please tell me one piece of scientific evidence that torn ligaments in throwing shoulders and arms have anything at all to do with S&C? Muscles yes, but not even the muscles used in throwing, they sometimes breakdown it is a violent process to throw a baseball. Just like a torn ACL or MCL has very little to do with S&C. Please click the ad below, I know all of these guy at Southwest SM, they have done three surgeries on my son, two on me, and over 25 on players I have coached over the years. Fire all you want but your firing for wrong reasons.

I was talking about holding on hope until August. "Smoking Gun" comment is saying that hope has been fired out already.

I am not in a spot where I can search but I believe Tampa was wanting 1 major league ready IF, 1 major league ready starting pitcher, plus two other top level prospects (AA or AAA). As it gets closer to deadline the price goes up

Holding on hope by trading away the future is not a smart move.

I've read on MLBTraderumors that JD has said this team was built to win now and not in the future. With the contract extensions and BIG pay days this team is set up for right now.

Infielders (potential pieces)

2B/SS

Profar

Odor

Saldinas

Prospects

Gallos

Pitching

MLB

Tepesch

Ross. Jr

Prospects

Jackson

Gonzales

Put a package around any of those players and bring in SP. I only bring up Price because he will be a hot market pick up soon.

If Harrison is done you will save money on his contract. The Billion dollar Fox sports southwest pick up comes into play this next year. You can sign Price to a long term deal after trading for him or make a BLOCKBUSTER deal and sign Max Scherzer for what he wants.

Yes lets sign a pitcher give him CC money and see how that turns out. You are doing this like a video game, it is not.

Okay lets not go get us a Cy Young Winner, lets keep plugging in guys like Joe Saunders, Scott Baker and see if we can get whatever they have left out of them.