• Paris in 3
    • PG in 3
    • PG in 2
  2. 2. North Lamar or Pittsburg

• North Lamar in 2
    • North Lamar in 3
    • Pittsburg in 3
    • Pittsburg in 2

All four teams from 13 3A are still in the hunt.

However, only two can advance to the Semi-Finals.

Predictions?

PG/Paris play Thursday in Texarkana, Friday in Paris, and if needed, 3rd game Saturday in Texarkana at Texas High 2 pm

Pitt and N. Lamar could play their third game at 4pm At Texas High if needed.

Hope these recent rains didn't wash away a couple feet from that goat hill pitcher's mound. We were kinda looking forward to climbing that cliff and getting that panoramic view of the 4-state region. We hear it's pretty this time of year.

Seriously, don't know how either of these series will come out, but it looks like NL and Paris are the teams getting the most production out of their entire lineups right now. They'll need everybody contributing to offset Pitt and PG pitching.

All teams in District 13 have been staring at elimination ever since district started. Paris and PG have been in playoff mode since entering their first district meeting with 0-2 records. Both Jones and Sikes have had more talented teams, but this may be the most impressive coaching stints they've had.

I took PG & NL. PG has Jeans And Bayless on the bump with Jones calling the shots... and they just find ways to win games this time of year.

I have not seen NL play this year, so I'm just going off the fact that they finished 2nd in that monster district and hung quite a few runs on a pretty good Spring Hill pitching staff a week ago.

I saw Pittsburg first hand in a 3-game series last weekend and I thought they were very good. Three power pitchers in Truitt, Colbert, and Mitchell.... pretty good defense and really good pop in the top half of their lineup. The back half was a little light and the pitchers were fairly slow to the plate, but still a very good baseball team.

I can't comment on Paris as I have not seen them this year, but I've never seen a bad Paris baseball team in my lifetime... In any age group.

Pretty good assessment of District 13. Bayless is the question mark for PG. I don't believe he's pitched in a game since mid-district, but if he's back to form, he and Jeans are a tough 1-2 punch plus there's the lefty Gilbert in the wings.

Pitching matchup in Game 1 is Jarod Bayless of Pleasant Grove vs. Jake Clark of Paris. Paris freshman Phillip Sikes homered off Bayless on 2nd pitch of game to give Paris a quick 1-0 lead. There's rain and lightning in the area and the first pitch was delayed by a lightning strike so it could be a long night.

Bayless is not sharp tonight. He gives up 3 walks in 3rd as Paris scores a run but leaves the bases loaded. It's PG 4, Paris 2 through 3 innings.

After 1 inning, NL has a 3-0 lead over Pittsburg. Pitching matchup is Gibbons (NL) vs. Truitt (PG).

Bayless is not sharp tonight. He gives up 3 walks in 3rd as Paris scores a run but leaves the bases loaded. It's PG 4, Paris 2 through 3 innings.

After 1 inning, NL has a 3-0 lead over Pittsburg. Pitching matchup is Gibbons (NL) vs. Truitt (PG).

Is Bayless missing in the same place most of the time or is he all over the place?

Is Bayless missing in the same place most of the time or is he all over the place?

Sorry, didn't make the trip tonight. I'm monitoring the radio streams. The broadcasters say he was missing on his fastball. He seems to have settled in after the problems in the 3rd, plus his infield is making the plays behind him.

It's now in the bottom of the 6th with PG up 5-2.