LE Basketball job open

So in other words universal offseason means get all the student athletes to play football so you don't have to worry about having offseason for other sports and you can hire all football coaches because all the other sports don't matter until football is over. Lol!

So in other words universal offseason means get all the student athletes to play football so you don't have to worry about having offseason for other sports and you can hire all football coaches because all the other sports don't matter until football is over. Lol!

So your kidding me right? I want the football team to succede but geez I hope this works! Just gotta wait and see

leopardforlife.......finally you and I agree on something. Maybe we can be friends after all. It's a shame a school the size of LE won't have offseason basketball. This is why Collvins was being reassigned because he wasn't "on board" with the new AD's vision for non football kids to not get to work on their sport during their offseason. In fact, they won't even be working on their sport during season until after school. Better hold on tight to that young basketball talent or they will be at T-High or PG where they actually have a chance to get better at the sport they want to play.

Many schools are going to the universal off-season approach. I'm not an expert sports trainer, but common sense would dictate that the universal approach would favor the sacred cow. I have mixed feelings about it and think it hurts some sports (like tired arms in baseball). Ultimately, our opinions don't matter. It remains to be seen if student-athletes (and their parents) go with the program. There's so much competition these days with select teams, the era of the multi-sport letterman seems to be a thing of the past. The really good athletes will just specialize in one sport and go wherever the competition and opportunity beckons.

There are lots of people on here that dont know what they are talking about and making speculations. The new head coach will have an opportunity to work with his straight basketball players during football season and after basketball season as well. At least thats the word around the school, and thats what the kids have been told. I have also been told by a couple of basketball players that Summer league basketball will begin the second week in June. There are alot of people here in LE that are ruffled by Collvins not being head coach, and their are alot of people here that are welcoming the new coach and is ready for some change. Good luck to Coach Collvins who is a great man and coach, and Good luck to Coach Byrdsong who is also a great man and coach. Sometimes change can be a good thing but, its like medicine people dont like it. "Only time will tell"

It seems like a lot of schools are going to a universal off season type of thing. Lots of strength and conditioning as opposed to strictly sport specific skills.A lot of schools do this 3 days a week in the fall, then the kids go to their specific sport (if they aren't football or volleyball).Not saying iit's the right or wrong way to do off season. Just saying it's happening lots of places now.