East Texas Native on Big Stage

trueblue82

Played at Rusk High School. Was dominate in High School. Great curve ball. Threw both regular and backdoor curve. We never hit her. lol

She's still got it. Came in in the fourth in relief of Bama's All-American, Jaclyn Traina, who was getting roughed up, and shut Nebraska down. I quit watching in the top of the tenth, so I don't know if she finished, but all 5 of Nebraska's runs were on Traina. BAMA won 6-5 in 12 innings.

Grapeland's Jayde Westbrook is on the team with West Texas A&M at the DII College World Series.

The Lady Buffs won their opener against LIU-Post 8-1. West Texas A&M enters the CWS ranked #1 in the nation. Westbrook has seen a lot of playing time during her freshman campaign

She's still got it. Came in in the fourth in relief of Bama's All-American, Jaclyn Traina, who was getting roughed up, and shut Nebraska down. I quit watching in the top of the tenth, so I don't know if she finished, but all 5 of Nebraska's runs were on Traina. BAMA won 6-5 in 12 innings.

I just got a chance to catch the update. She gave up 3 hits in 8 innings, allowing no runs.Recorded 24 outs, only 2 Ks. Most if the outs were on pop-ups. She gets so much spin on the ball it's hard to make it go anywhere when you hit it. Not bad for a freshman.