'Disturbed white males' are the most dangerous people in the country: Michael Moore

Wild74

'Disturbed white males' are the most dangerous people in the country: Michael Moore
UK Daily Mail ^ | May 25, 2014 | Alex Greig

The filmmaker behind Bowling for Columbine has responded to calls for comment following the latest U.S. mass shooting.

Michael Moore wrote a Facebook post describing America's national symbol as the gun, not the bald eagle.

'With due respect to those who are asking me to comment on last night’s tragic mass shooting ... I no longer have anything to say about what is now part of normal American life,' Moore wrote.

(Excerpt) Read more at dailymail.co.uk ...

Elliot Rodger Shooting Prompts Feinstein to Blame NRA ‘Stranglehold’ on Guns
Roll Call ^ | May 25, 2014 | Steven Dennis

Posted on Sunday, May 25, 2014 4:29:01 PM by Cincinatus' Wife

luncheons013_041813.jpg?resize=445%2C297
Feinstein questioned why Elliot Rodger was allowed to own guns, and ripped the NRA’s “stranglehold” on Congress. (Tom Williams/CQ Roll Call File Photo)

Elliot Rodger’s shooting spree had Sen. Dianne Feinstein lamenting the “stranglehold” the NRA has over gun laws.

“The deadly shooting in Isla Vista is heartbreaking,” the California Democrat said Sunday in a statement. “Schools should be places of safety, not where students fear for their lives.”

Feinstein questioned why Elliot Rodger was able to legally obtain and keep his guns.

“We must ask ourselves if an individual whose family called police with concerns about mental health, who is receiving therapy and who has had several run-ins with police should be allowed to own multiple firearms and hundreds of rounds of ammunition. When anyone, no matter their mental health or history, can so easily obtain any gun they want and as many as they want—we must recognize there is a problem.

“Unfortunately the NRA continues to have a stranglehold on Congress, preventing even commonsense measures like universal background checks that have overwhelming support. Americans need to rise up and say enough is enough. Until that happens, we will continue to see these devastating attacks. Shame on us for allowing this to continue.”

Separately, Rep. Tim Murphy, R-Pa., pushed for Congress to pass his mental health legislation in the wake of the Elliot Rodger’s rampage in Isla Vista.

An effort to pass background checks and a package of mental health initiatives was torpedoed by a GOP-led filibuster in the Senate last year.

One thing that I agree with many of those that commented on this tragedy in California (not on this site) is where were the parents ? They were worried enough about their son to call the police, but they didn't make an effort to contact him. When I was growing up, the last thing that a parent wanted was their child to have any involvement with the police, and if they could stop it they would. I've seen no mention of prescription medication, but I actually wonder if this kid had been already under a doctors care for some sort of ADHD problem.

The boy was depressed because he wasn't getting any....pitiful....give it a little time, don't go slaughter people

It's sad that he didn't have a friend like me...because I would have whipped the tar out of him.

I get that feeling of at times not feeling wanted by others of the opposite sex but, too start killing others is an extreme.

Man is becoming more and more into themselves lacking empathy and restraining their emotions.

One thing that I agree with many of those that commented on this tragedy in California (not on this site) is where were the parents ? They were worried enough about their son to call the police, but they didn't make an effort to contact him. When I was growing up, the last thing that a parent wanted was their child to have any involvement with the police, and if they could stop it they would. I've seen no mention of prescription medication, but I actually wonder if this kid had been already under a doctors care for some sort of ADHD problem.

My dad had a CURE for ADHD... It was a 1" wide leather belt, operated by a Strong Right hand! Get your attention FOCUSED, Everytime, Guaranteed!

My dad had a CURE for ADHD... It was a 1" wide leather belt, operated by a Strong Right hand! Get your attention FOCUSED, Everytime, Guaranteed!

LOL! True that... Truthfully, if we look back before the labeling of "ADHD" not to mention the "medicine" for same being a part of the problem...how many kids did we go to school with who had ADHD... now just think about it...were there kids who couldn't keep still, couldn't/wouldn't learn?

I can't think of a single one! But one kid, the class clown...I'll never forget this - in 8th grade, we had to recite a speech - he got up, apparently some of the other boys had paid him $1 each to do it... he said... "Friends, Romans, Countrymen, lend me a beer..." that's about as far as he got before the teacher exploded...and it wasn't a good explosion. There again, he graduated, and in the top of the class.

Pain for some reason is the ultimate form of compliance.

Back in the 90s there was an American teenager in Singapore who got caught vandalizing cars with spray paint. He was tried and convicted by the local authorities and part of his sentence was to be caned or beaten with a rattan cane as part of his punishment. I remember part of his defense was that he had ADHD so he shouldn't receive the punishment. He was suppose to get four lashes. I remember my CMSgt telling everyone ... "maybe they should give him eight lashes instead of four ... that way hopefully he can concentrate on half of them". :P

Back in the 90s there was an American teenager in Singapore who got caught vandalizing cars with spray paint. He was tried and convicted by the local authorities and part of his sentence was to be caned or beaten with a rattan cane as part of his punishment. I remember part of his defense was that he had ADHD so he shouldn't receive the punishment. He was suppose to get four lashes. I remember my CMSgt telling everyone ... "maybe they should give him eight lashes instead of four ... that way hopefully he can concentrate on half of them". :P

I remember that case... Wonder if it cured his ADHD?