Week One: Longview at Lufkin

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (0-0) vs Lufkin Panthers (0-0)  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Lufkin in a close one
    • Lufkin in a blow out

Coach Stafford has to be sweating bullets. Hopefully his game plan calls to keep them under 50 this year. Coutee will need a monster game in this one to give us a chance.

Have a hard time believing the Lp defense will be as poor as it was last season. But we'll see.

Don't think we hit 50 again, but would more than enjoy it :)

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have a hard time believing the Lp defense will be as poor as it was last season. But we'll see.

Don't think we hit 50 again, but would more than enjoy it :)

if they can't stop the run like past couple of years...they in trouble...trouble...trouble

Should be a great game. I did my student teaching at Lufkin this past spring before graduation and got to be apart of the offseason program and spring ball. They look really good. It'll be a great game for sure and wouldn't surprise me to see either win but I'm gonna take Lufkin starting the year right.

Should be a great game. I did my student teaching at Lufkin this past spring before graduation and got to be apart of the offseason program and spring ball. They look really good. It'll be a great game for sure and wouldn't surprise me to see either win but I'm gonna take Lufkin starting the year right.

I will have whatever your on. I havent had that much confidence in the Pack in about 8 years.

I think this game could be a nightmare for Longview if Lufkin had a defense...i think we typically start slow in the first game of the season....scrimmaging against the winged t is not going to help

Only have really started slow since King took over. His 5-5 record in first games is by far the worst "week" record he has. Only one that was really a nightmare though was that game against Coppell in '12.

But agreed on your line of thinking if Lp had a defense. But then again, when's the last time we had a three year starter coming back at QB? Been quite a while. Last year's game against Coppell was one of our best opening performances in a long long time I thought. Just ran out of gas at the end.

kinda funny but at one point LP didn't consider us their rival...kinda the way some look at Marshall

I remember reading that on their board and laughed. There was also some that posted that Longview had wasted their one chance in 2005 and would go back to being an after thought. Boy, how different our programs have gone since that year.

kinda funny but at one point LP didn't consider us their rival...kinda the way some look at Marshall

Heck...some of the lobos may feel that way about Lufkin now. I know Lobo97 or whatever couldn't understand why Lv would schedule the Pack this year over teams like Katy, Allen and SLC. <_<

Heck...some of the lobos may feel that way about Lufkin now. I know Lobo97 or whatever couldn't understand why Lv would schedule the Pack this year over teams like Katy, Allen and SLC. <_<

*facepalm*

I know there were some of your fans that couldn't understand why they would schedule a game against an opponent that could be seen in the first round/playoffs....which I can understand a bit more.

But it's not like Longview didn't try and schedule the top level teams. Woodlands & DeSoto both turned us down.

*facepalm*

I know there were some of your fans that couldn't understand why they would schedule a game against an opponent that could be seen in the first round/playoffs....which I can understand a bit more.

But it's not like Longview didn't try and schedule the top level teams. Woodlands & DeSoto both turned us down.

Desoto chickened out??? I thought they would atleast wanna try to get one in...

I think a lot of those teams just don't want to come too east texas . Implying a State Champion is afraid is ridiculous imo. Don't get me wrong yall are a tough out but Allen played South Lake last year so that's goes that theory.

I wasn't saying they were afraid...you were the only one saying that. There's absolutely no theory involved with that.

Actually that was your boy. Saying a team is scared that has won more than your program is just stupid.

Where is the word afraid mentioned anywhere in terms of Allen?

I know they've won more titles, but have they won more games?

Not even close. I don't think Allen has 350 much less over 660.

really?? Wat was his reasoning?

Didn't give one as far as I can remember. Definitely said he didn't want to and wasn't going to play us again. Then of course, a couple months later signs a contract for another home and home. lol.

Kicking and screaming = afraid? lol no.

They did complain after playing us in 09...and their coach full on came out and said he wasn't going to play us again....

Dude, we all know Internet can't read. He just makes things up and sees what he wants. Nobody said Allen was afraid. He just made it up out of nowhere.

Cut Internet some slack. He's kinda special. :)