Eddy May accepts job as AD/HFC at DeKalb (Added Quotes)

Smoaky

(Updated and final story)

Tuesday, 11:10am

After a night to sleep on it, Eddy May has accepted the job as AD/Head Football Coach at DeKalb High School. May, who has been at (Simms) James Bowie since 2009 was offered the job on Monday.

(Simms) James Bowie was 31-25 in May's 5-years, including five consecutive playoff appearances.

Before his time at (Simms) James Bowie, May was an assistant coach under Randy McFarlin at both Whitehouse and Daingerfield.

He replaces Brandon Easterly who was 4-16 in 2-years at DeKalb, including 0-10 in 2013.

May told David Smoak, "I thoroughly enjoyed my time at James Bowie, I was fortunate to have great kids that did everything I asked of them, it was and still is a super place to work and I was blessed to work there." May continued, "DeKalb is a great opportunity for me, they have great tradition and a will for excellence, I am very excited to be a BEAR!"

Change of plans, Dekalb superintendent recommended Eddie May of Simms and the board unanimously approved.

Great hire he will do good things in Dekalb. ..

Thanks for heads-up on change in direction, interesting, and Eddy will do well.

Smoaky

Change of plans, Dekalb superintendent recommended Eddie May of Simms and the board unanimously approved.

Great hire he will do good things in Dekalb. ..

FYI, DeKalb has offered Eddy May the job, but he hasn't accepted as of this time on Monday.

Smoaky

Coach May is an awesome guy. Excellent hire DeKalb!

As I mentioned on another thread, he was offered the job, but hasn't accepted as of tonight.

Eddy will be good for Dekalb. He will do things his way and won't be a puppet. Dekalb needs that! He is professional enough to do things right and will also be a great leader for the entire school district. Their kids will be better because of him and he will make Dekalb a better all around place. This may be a match made in heaven! Anxious to see what he can do with the Bears!