Dawson-Douglass updates

sfacujackcat

I've seen Douglass twice, both times in the regional finals. Got 2-3 good fielders (SS, 3B, CF come to mind) and 2 pitchers that seemed hittable, but are pretty efficient. Offensively, they make you throw strikes. They take a lot of pitches and put the ball in play. I haven't seen Dawson, but I understand they pulled their starter in the first inning. After a dropped popup, a single and a hit batsman.

3-0 mid 4 Dawson has put a few runners on in a couple innings but nothing comes of it! I don't know anything about either team other than they are pretty good

Are you serious? It is state Tourney that is not running up anything that is just making sure you get the win. Doing it up 12-15 runs then you could say something.

Insurance runs! What would all y'all be saying if they hadn't done that and Dawson put 8 runs up y'all be calling for the coaches head not trying to get as many runs as they could to be secure! People need to grow a pair and quit being cry babies.

Both accurate comments. 8-0 is not a reason to stop trying to score. Anything can happen.

They just stole home in an 8-0 game in their last at-bat. They did that last week as they were sacrifice bunting and stealing bases up 8-0 in the last inning.

Something's just not right about that type of baseball.

I saw a team lose a softball game in the College World Series after being up by 7 in the bottom of the 6th. When you're playing good competition, there are NEVER enough runs.

No TV just for 4A and 5A however softball got all their games done.............

All state tournament games should be televised on fox southwest. All the football games are and most of the softball games are. I guess basketball and baseball(1a-3a) gets screwed.

Edit: Just went final at 10-0.

This Douglass team is kind of like Carlisle last season in that it's got 3 pitchers that could be No. 1s at almost any school. Plus, good bats, championship experience and much more going for them. Looks like they're going to finish the job with the same # of losses (1) that Carlisle had last season. Almost a mirror image.

8-0 is enough when you've given up 30 runs all season and have 18 shutouts. There's no reason nor excuses for it. Plain and simple.

Both accurate comments. 8-0 is not a reason to stop trying to score. Anything can happen.