Texas to Omaha

So I had asked, list the four teams that did not belong, did you do that? C of C was an upset however when you know they were top 20 in team era it was not a tremendous upset. Kenny State an upset but again they played a good schedule to get them ready for tourney play. I will gladly call each of these upsets. Houston, no by your own RPI system them and LSU ranked 9 and 10. Yet you choose to call me a fool. I bet you didn't even know how good Houston was.

Had you just wanted to talk ball you would have ended with the first comment, you made a choice to bring up the second. When confronted with something that does not back up your statement you choose to ignore it or to make comments that your not the one who is getting flustered or worked up. The first comment was fine, the second was to get a reaction. Just remember I am not the one on here who made threats to the other and said they would follow me around proving me wrong.

Every game where the lower ranked seed knocked off the higher seed is an upset, by definition. Take that however you want to take it.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have been semi-converted on the loyalty list now that Alex is studying in Austin and doing quite well so far. He has a 3.38 GPA and says he will try to get that up to a 4.0 before he is done.

Will always be an LSU Tiger fan and loyalist. I guess since Alex is still my hero I will remain loyal to him. I will still wear an LSU hat if I go to an event in Austin. He will just have to get over it.......hopefully.

It's not all his fault. If you listen to this media nonsense, every comment pertaining to an SEC team includes some version of the phrase "well when you play in the SEC......blah, blah,blah." Even the SEC coaches do it when they are interviewed. It's really weird....and stupid.

Well, the coaches have a vested interest in the conference. If they sell the SEC as elite and makes the rest of the country and media believe it, it minimizes losses to the point where SEC teams can afford a loss or 2 and still get a BCS bowl or a title shot. It is the act of persuasion. When it doesn't work is when you have a tournament (like baseball) and everyone besides 1 "Craps the bed" as you put it... Weakness is exposed.

Have been semi-converted on the loyalty list now that Alex is studying in Austin and doing quite well so far. He has a 3.38 GPA and says he will try to get that up to a 4.0 before he is done.

Will always be an LSU Tiger fan and loyalist. I guess since Alex is still my hero I will remain loyal to him. I will still wear an LSU hat if I go to an event in Austin. He will just have to get over it.......hopefully.

Glad to hear your son is doing well. There could be worse places in the state to go for education ;)

Well, the coaches have a vested interest in the conference. If they sell the SEC as elite and makes the rest of the country and media believe it, it minimizes losses to the point where SEC teams can afford a loss or 2 and still get a BCS bowl or a title shot. It is the act of persuasion. When it doesn't work is when you have a tournament (like baseball) and everyone besides 1 "Craps the bed" as you put it... Weakness is exposed.

It also helps (in football) when the scheduling is done so the best couple of teams in the East don't play the best couple of teams in the West giving you 3-4 undefeated or 1-loss teams. That makes for some good coach boasting and Media hype.

It also helps (in football) when the scheduling is done so the best couple of teams in the East don't play the best couple of teams in the West giving you 3-4 undefeated or 1-loss teams. That makes for some good coach boasting and Media hype.

Explain the yearly match-up of LSU/Florida and LSU/UGA this year... After all of that, LSU still manages a good season. It's not rigged for everyone. Just Alabama and St. Nicky.

Wow. Illegal activities from Horn Internet now?

Hey JF explain a 9 and 10 ranked teams in RPI playing each other and calling it am upset. It's ok you don't understand baseball it's a complicated game.

Yay for pathetic attempts at ad hominem insults. I can do that too!

And no, baseball is a pretty simple game. At least for people with half a brain, that is.

An upset is when a lower ranked team beats a higher ranked team. And I know simple math I tough for your simple brain, but being ranked 9th is better than being ranked 10th. So when the 10th ranked team beats the 9th ranked team, it is an upset. Not a big one. A very small one, but an upset nonetheless. In the Rose Bowl, when Texas beat USC, it was an upset. But wait! They were #1 and #2! Still, it was an upset. One was favored to win, and one was favored to lose. That's what we call an upset, simple one. Derp.

I've explained this in very, very simple terms. Even you should be able to wrap your simple mind around it, Radio. Please. Try again. Watching you try to think is entertaining. Just don't hurt yourself.

Wow. Illegal activities from Horn Internet now?

Yay for pathetic attempts at ad hominem insults. I can do that too!

And no, baseball is a pretty simple game. At least for people with half a brain, that is.

An upset is when a lower ranked team beats a higher ranked team. And I know simple math I tough for your simple brain, but being ranked 9th is better than being ranked 10th. So when the 10th ranked team beats the 9th ranked team, it is an upset. Not a big one. A very small one, but an upset nonetheless. In the Rose Bowl, when Texas beat USC, it was an upset. But wait! They were #1 and #2! Still, it was an upset. One was favored to win, and one was favored to lose. That's what we call an upset, simple one. Derp.

I've explained this in very, very simple terms. Even you should be able to wrap your simple mind around it, Radio. Please. Try again. Watching you try to think is entertaining. Just don't hurt yourself.

Come on man, you're not acting much better. Its been nice seeing some better discussions (except for Internet's stupidity) on the college board lately.

Come on man, you're not acting much better. Its been nice seeing some better discussions (except for Internet's stupidity) on the college board lately.

Yeah. It was okay until he decided to try to fling insults ("you don't understand baseball, it's a complicated game").

That's a taste of what it'll be like if he continues.

Yeah. It was okay until he decided to try to fling insults ("you don't understand baseball, it's a complicated game").

That's a taste of what it'll be like if he continues.

I get that, but the back and forth is annoying to the rest of us. Y'all should just agree to put it aside, or put each other on ignore. That's what I did with that idiot Typer.....works like a charm.

Horns left SO many men on base. At some point I would like to see UT play for a big inning and not just bunt & play for 1 all the time

Yes they did...and I knew it was going to come back and bite em. Thought Augie shoulda gone to the pen sooner. Oh well.

I get that, but the back and forth is annoying to the rest of us. Y'all should just agree to put it aside, or put each other on ignore. That's what I did with that idiot Typer.....works like a charm.

You've got it. He's been reduced to completely generic stuff like "You live with your mom". Says a lot about him and the kind of person he is. Pity. He can't even try to come back to the definition of what an upset is.

Haha love how much you lack self awareness. This thread was fine until you decided to throw an insult. I didn't do it for you. You did it. Other than you and Internet, Immortal was right, this forum has enjoyed great discussions.

And "What you believe" is irrelevant. Or, it may be relevant to you, but to those of us who trust the people who make the rankings (you know, the people who do this for a living), their opinions are a little bit more important than yours.

I never said that it was one of the 50 biggest upsets in sports history.

I never even said it was a big upset.

I just said it was an upset. Which it was, according to people who determine the rankings.

Dudes? Come on!

It's legit discussion now lol