Liberty Eylau Football 2014

All I know is that the Leopards will look different this year as far as uniforms go but how will the team fair??

Bad news: is that looks like we have lost two starters DQ Steele torn ACL out for the year, and Corey Braxton who served as Davion Halls backup and made a lot of noise not sure how long he will be out tho!

Good news is that we have a whole new staff and of course Athletes

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first item on the schedule is Thursday, 8-28-14, Tyler Rose, Gilmer Buckeyes don their new uniforms for a meeting with Liberty Eylau. This will set the tone for the Buckeyes pre-season...one thing for sure, the Buckeyes will not want their new uniforms soiled by a loss...10 more weeks...in the meantime, we have a State Championship to win in 7on7 with a 22-1 (Wide Receiver has 50 TD catches for the season) record for the season now...it will be your job to derail the Buckeye Express which will be very hard to do...the Orange & Black have a goal in sight & LE is in the way.

Yep...they do...we get to mess with them for 4 years...my understanding is Tyler-Thursday 2014 & 2016, the Home & There for 2015 & 2017 (not sure which is which)...LE is always a lot of fun (well, not so much in 2006 when they took our SC away from us - I still say they cheated)...& it doesn't seem to make any difference who has the horses - it is always close

Yep...they do...we get to mess with them for 4 years...my understanding is Tyler-Thursday 2014 & 2016, the Home & There for 2015 & 2017 (not sure which is which)...LE is always a lot of fun (well, not so much in 2006 when they took our SC away from us - I still say they cheated)...& it doesn't seem to make any difference who has the horses - it is always close

Lol cheated nope I hope your kidding BC if anyone ever cheated it was the refs for you guys in 2010 in the rain! Anywho this won't be close IMO it will be a lesson for us being a young team hopefully it will make us better, 2 of our best defenders won't be in Uniform from the secondary btw, LE's Qb's all 3 are Jr's haven't took Varsity Snaps the Defense will be fairly new alot of replacements plus all new staff also Gilmer won't be the only team sporting new uniforms

Liberty-Eylau has always given us trouble even when they were down. I hope the Buckeyes can buck that trend this season, though. It would be great to start the season with a big win. The Leopards will get there. I just think it will take them two or three games to get their feet under 'em learning a new system, and getting players in the right spots. They are always one of the most athletic teams we face.

If wells is there he is good for at least a couple big gains a game. Watch out for his wrap around rb draw. That play was hard to stop at jacksonville. As long as its only run a few times a game. Looks like a pass with rb in front blocking. Until qb sneaks it around into his body. Gave us fits.

Gilmer won't be the only team sporting new uniforms

Yeah, but you'll know the Gilmer color scheme in advance. If we're the home team in Tyler (and I think I read that we will be this year), we'll be in all-black. If visitors, all-white. Sometimes Gilmer wears black pants on the road, but only if it's a grass surface.

I've seen Liberty-Eylau, OTOH, come out in about five to seven different color combinations of crimson, black and white over the years.

Now watch the Buckeyes confound me by coming out in all-orange or something. I do think there ought to be a combination similar to what the baseball team wears from time to time. The baseball team always looks sharp in their orange jerseys and white pants.

Yeah, but you'll know the Gilmer color scheme in advance. If we're the home team in Tyler (and I think I read that we will be this year), we'll be in all-black. If visitors, all-white. Sometimes Gilmer wears black pants on the road, but only if it's a grass surface.

I've seen Liberty-Eylau, OTOH, come out in about five to seven different color combinations of crimson, black and white over the years.

Now watch the Buckeyes confound me by coming out in all-orange or something. I do think there ought to be a combination similar to what the baseball team wears from time to time. The baseball team always looks sharp in their orange jerseys and white pants.

Lol looks like we may be in white but if we are home we will actually be in black addidas with new black helmets