Tony Romo King of 4th quarter TD'S!

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always another excuse, the blame always lies elsewhere ... just face the truth ... Tony Turnover just doesn't have what it takes to get to the promised land.

Then by all means Kirt, destroy my argument. Don't forget now, I'm not LarryDavid or ScreamingEagle who always come with weak arguments. Destroy my argument or admit defeat. Which seems to be pretty much what you're doing.

I'll wait while you try to move the goalposts once again.

Then by all means Kirt, destroy my argument. Don't forget now, I'm not LarryDavid or ScreamingEagle who always come with weak arguments. Destroy my argument or admit defeat. Which seems to be pretty much what you're doing.

I'll wait while you try to move the goalposts once again.

It's already been debunked in my previous replies to this and other threads. The goalposts are still in the same place.

It's already been debunked in my previous replies to this and other threads. The goalposts are still in the same place.

Sorry, but applying an obvious double standard is NOT debunking anything. All that does is show your blatant attempt at moving the goalposts to fit your argument. But since you've been moving them around on a daily basis, the holes are really glaring.

Sorry, but applying an obvious double standard is NOT debunking anything. All that does is show your blatant attempt at moving the goalposts to fit your argument. But since you've been moving them around on a daily basis, the holes are really glaring.

The final few pages of the Romo era will be written over the next couple of years. He will hold a lot of statistical team records because of the pass crazy changes in the offense. No divisional or Super Bowl championships ... and NO rings will be his legacy ....

The final few pages of the Romo era will be written over the next couple of years. He will hold a lot of statistical team records because of the pass crazy changes in the offense. No divisional or Super Bowl championships ... and NO rings will be his legacy ....

I agree. His supporters want to promote him as this Stats King, but they haven't translated to victories. I compare Romo to Matt Stafford, they both have the same type of teams and if you notice their last two meetings the scores have been very close with the Lions winning both games.

I agree. His supporters want to promote him as this Stats King, but they haven't translated to victories. I compare Romo to Matt Stafford, they both have the same type of teams and if you notice their last two meetings the scores have been very close with the Lions winning both games.

Stafford is a more talented passer than Romo. It's just that they rely on the pass too much much like toe Cowboys. I think if they had a balanced offense, he could lead them to a Super Bowl win. I don't think Romo has it in him.

Actually Matt Stafford and Tony Romo do not compare in almost any category. Career wise Tony is quite a bit better. Since someone wanted to use late game stats against Tony we will use that again. In 2013 Tony has a 85.7 rating in the last 2 minutes of half. Matt has a 48.1 rating during the last 2 min. In the 2nd half of games Tony has a 101.6 rating. Matt has a 83.4 rating. What's that?! You say Tony throws too many int's late in games? Wrong! Tony has 2 int's in the last 2 minutes of half. Matt has 5 int's during the same time. We could go to the whole 4th quarter but that would be unfair to Matt.

Synopsis: as others want to point out.

1. Tony Romo helps Dallas late in games by putting them in a position to win. He has very few errors that causes losses.

2. Matt Stafford is not as good as Tony. Hey Matt has MegaTron to throw to.

Actually Matt Stafford and Tony Romo do not compare in almost any category. Career wise Tony is quite a bit better. Since someone wanted to use late game stats against Tony we will use that again. In 2013 Tony has a 85.7 rating in the last 2 minutes of half. Matt has a 48.1 rating during the last 2 min. In the 2nd half of games Tony has a 101.6 rating. Matt has a 83.4 rating. What's that?! You say Tony throws too many int's late in games? Wrong! Tony has 2 int's in the last 2 minutes of half. Matt has 5 int's during the same time. We could go to the whole 4th quarter but that would be unfair to Matt.

1. Tony Romo helps Dallas late in games by putting them in a position to win. He has very few errors that causes losses. :lol:

1. Tony Romo helps Dallas late in games by putting them in a position to win. He has very few errors that causes losses.

That's not what the experts say, both are tier two quarterbacks. Stafford is also 8 years younger than Romo, and one of only 4 NFL passers to throw for more than 5000 yards in a season, something Romo has never done.

You say eether and I say eyether,

You say neether and I say nyther:

Eether, eyether, neether, nyther,

Let's call the whole thing off !

You like potato and I like potahto

You like tomato and I like potahto

Potato, potahto, tomato, tomahto,

Synopsis.....Cowboys still aren't very good.

Whether they have T Romo, P Manning, or T Tebow doesn't really matter

That's not what the experts say, both are tier two quarterbacks. Stafford is also 8 years younger than Romo, and one of only 4 NFL passers to throw for more than 5000 yards in a season, something Romo has never done.

There is a reason why he has had 5000 yards in a season. When a qb averages 40 - 45 passing attempts a game there will be seasons of 5000 yards passing if he is even average.

What has their age difference to do with anything? Tony has started 3 years longer than Matt. Both of their situations in the league were different when they started.

That's kind of the point of my whole argument. Tony Romo needs better players around him. Just like every other qb. That is what it takes win. One person cannot do it regardless who they are.

Agreed, but as usual you say "he needs better players around him" & "nobody can do it by themselves" . That pretty much insinuates that you think it is everybody else's fault. (that IS the inference you make, and it is no better than those that blame solely him)....... the Cowboys need to supply a better cast & he needs to quit making critical mistakes like checking onto whatever pass play suits his fancy at the moment

He's a pretty good QB on an average-at-best team. No matter how many stats you throw that is the heart of the matter.

Agreed, but as usual you say "he needs better players around him" & "nobody can do it by themselves" . That pretty much insinuates that you think it is everybody else's fault. (that IS the inference you make, and it is no better than those that blame solely him)....... the Cowboys need to supply a better cast & he needs to quit making critical mistakes like checking onto whatever pass play suits his fancy at the moment

He's a pretty good QB on an average-at-best team. No matter how many stats you throw that is the heart of the matter.

No where does that insinuates that it is ever one else's fault. It only assumes that I say it is a TEAM effort. I clearly state that the offensive line needs to block better and the defensive line needs to pressure better. I have numerous times pointed out some mistakes Tony does as well as others. I just do not lay it all on one guy to win or lose.The "blanket" statement of "better players around him" is broad and only meant that others need to do their part. That has not been done. If ANYONE follows them they would know what I am talking about.

He does not check into random plays. They are plays designed for what the defense is set up into and usually from a list that could be run from what Dallas came to the line as alternates. I agree that there were bad calls or decisions on his or Garretts making on the choice of plays. But that is also corrected some by better blocking and making a play work. Execution will make bad plays good or bad.

The great stats I throw out are just simple evidence that he has what it takes to succeed and they back it up.

Thank you!!

What in the world does that mean? so because Romo hasn't thrown for more than 5,000 yards, he isn't better than Stafford? I thought the purpose of making Dallas better was running the football. Now you want him to pass for more yardage? is THIS what your argument has been reduced to? stats? Kirt must be beside himself as we speak.

Good post THS. But I will expand on it just a tad further.

Two years ago, the Saints finished 7-9. Whose fault was it? Drew Brees or the defense?

I'm expecting a very, VERY good answer from Kirt.

Good post THS. But I will expand on it just a tad further.

Two years ago, the Saints finished 7-9. Whose fault was it? Drew Brees or the defense?

I'm expecting a very, VERY good answer from Kirt.

That's easy ..... the qb Drew Brees is not capable of winning when they need to. He just does not have what it takes to lead them.

That's easy ..... the qb Drew Brees is not capable of winning when they need to. He just does not have what it takes to lead them.

Brees has risen to the occasion and carried the team on his back at times, unlike Romo. He has a ring to prove it. The great ones are able to overcome and adapt and "will" the team to win at times when all seems lost. No, they can't do it every year, but they have shown they have what it takes to carry a team through the tough times ... they are battle proven and capable of doing it again, maybe not every year. Romo, on the other hand has proven over and over when the chips are down at crunch time, he isn't that guy. It's as simple as that. Of course, his apologists will always find a scapegoat for him.

What in the world does that mean? so because Romo hasn't thrown for more than 5,000 yards, he isn't better than Stafford? I thought the purpose of making Dallas better was running the football. Now you want him to pass for more yardage? is THIS what your argument has been reduced to? stats? Kirt must be beside himself as we speak.

You and Spacegolfer are the one's that scream stats, stats, stats. I'm the one screaming win, win, win. I haven't seen significant wins by the Cowboys in 4 years. You're telling me that we've fallen that far to only talk about stats. The Cowboys had decent draft picks from 2001-2005 to build a winning team, but that was short lived with the only 10+ win seasons being 2003, 2007, and 2009. Only three years of solid production in the past 16 seasons. That is unacceptable. If Romo was so "elite" and great in the clutch, the Cowboys would have been in more playoffs and won more games. I can't think of a quarterback that was considered such an elite talent to have such a poor showing in the playoffs, regardless of the team around him.

You and Spacegolfer are the one's that scream stats, stats, stats. I'm the one screaming win, win, win. I haven't seen significant wins by the Cowboys in 4 years. You're telling me that we've fallen that far to only talk about stats. The Cowboys had decent draft picks from 2001-2005 to build a winning team, but that was short lived with the only 10+ win seasons being 2003, 2007, and 2009. Only three years of solid production in the past 16 seasons. That is unacceptable. If Romo was so "elite" and great in the clutch, the Cowboys would have been in more playoffs and won more games. I can't think of a quarterback that was considered such an elite talent to have such a poor showing in the playoffs, regardless of the team around him.

Well this is a Tony Romo thread about stats. I would be fine with Tony just being an average qb and a very good team. But that has not been the reality. The team has had major shortcomings in different areas. The whole point again is still just showing that he has not been the biggest problem and has done enough to win.

And yes it has been pointed out several times he is clutch but you can only do it so many times before you mess up. There is still no qb in history that does not make mistakes on the field. As your team gets better they perform better in playoffs. The team does not have to rely on the qb to save the day. Teams can win this way. It does not take a great qb to win playoffs or Super Bowl. That is a dreamworld.