2014 HS Football season game you most want to see!

GTownballer

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cisco plays at Wall in pre-district and Cisco plays at Eastland the last game of the regular season.

May have to make the drive to Eastland to see kin folks and the game.

Wondering how many hosses Cisco has left? I think we will know after this regular season.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm looking forward to Kilgore/Texas High.

I want be surprised if Kilgore wins easier than most people think, T-High will be young thier Defense was solid last year but mostly graduated out plus a new QB and small O-Line just IMO Kilgore will have to match thier Athletes and Dept tho they will be fresh with nearly no players both ways

Handle lol this is not exactly pine tree.

If this game was to happen Longview would leave no doubt. Think they could win by 2-3 scores. something like 10-17 points better.Aledo does not wanna go D1 with the drop down from the larger class.

I agree. I have no doubt Longview has a legit shot at winning state this year. But I can't say they would dominate Aledo. That's a tall order. Beat them? Yes. Destroy them? I'm not so sure about that.

Lobos have their best shot since '08-'10. Going out and doin it is something else.

Beckville at Cushing on 10/10 . Loser here could miss the playoffs

Sept. 19 we got Beckville here, the first real challenge after three weeks of cupcakes… win or lose, how our guys perform here could set the tone the rest of the way.

Last year a feisty Beckville squad came out and socked us in the mouth right away… we flopped. The Bearcats coulda won by 100 that night. We didn't come out of the stupor until over a month later. The year before we played Beckville tough and won late, giving us momentum down the stretch to make a surprising run to the playoffs.

I don't know what it is about Beckville. There's no real historical rivalry there. But, for whatever reason, how we've played them in recent years tends to tell the story of our season.

I want be surprised if Kilgore wins easier than most people think, T-High will be young thier Defense was solid last year but mostly graduated out plus a new QB and small O-Line just IMO Kilgore will have to match thier Athletes and Dept tho they will be fresh with nearly no players both ways

I think beating Texas High will be a tall task for us. They may not be as feared as they were a few years ago, but they are still a very big, very talented program with a good coaching staff. I can remember some rumblings early on last year about how "down" they were going to be (on offense) and they almost went 10-0 in the regular season.

Its about time ARP and HS get to meet up! :)

After the last 2 years of trash talk I hope yall bring it that week. I'm looking forward to this game. Outside of playing Waskom I think this game is my second most desired game to watch. I got a feeling MJ and company wont disappoint.