Chipotle Mexican Grill Endorses Welfare State

Wild74

Chipotle Mexican Grill Endorses Welfare State
Townhall.com ^ | July 4, 2014 | Mark Skousen

Posted on Friday, July 04, 2014 12:22:30 PM by Kaslin

733a247a-2f6a-44a2-9380-79cf8f39f551.jpg

“Hope that in the future, all is well, everyone eats free, no one must work, all just sit around feeling love for one another.” — George Saunders

Believe it or not, the above statement is printed on the bag issued by the Chipotle Mexican Grill restaurants.

Saunders, a fiction writer who teaches at Syracuse University, has been converted to Buddhism and has adopted an anti-consumer, anti-corporate-culture and anti-capitalist philosophy.

It’s a sad commentary when a major consumer corporation buys into his hippie-style philosophy and encourages people to live off of others and to adopt the welfare, no-workfare mentality.

Food, like any valuable good or service, is not free — it’s a scarce product that requires a great deal of work and effort.

Perhaps the Protestant Ethic of hard work, thrift and integrity are virtues of a past era in America.

Perhaps this quote from Professor Saunders’ best sums up his tragic philosophy that will no doubt, if followed, lead us into a road to serfdom, “Don’t be afraid to be confused. Try to remain permanently confused.”

I think the point of the story is the owner can give all the free food away he wants unless he thinks one day everyone will have a Star Trek replicator and will be able to eat free you will have to pay he can't stay in business giving free food away.

I think the point of the story is the owner can give all the free food away he wants unless he thinks one day everyone will have a Star Trek replicator and will be able to eat free you will have to pay he can't stay in business giving free food away.

Exactly. A side note on this, is many latino's are very upset with this campaign : http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/lifestyle/2014/05/22/chipotle-responds-to-latino-backlash-over-bookish-branding-campaign/ .

If you'd actually do what the campaign is asking you to, which is read the short stories from the author (I know that's hard for some of you) instead of focusing on one quote from the story, then maybe you'll actually start thinking for yourselves. Again, this is a non story.

A lot of sci-fi writers buy into that utopian BS but it makes great reading...... :)

However, if Chipotle wants to make this their crusade, then they would need to be the first to join in by making their meals free to all.......

I'm sure that Andrew O'Reilly at Fox News is in touch with his Latino side.

I read the story in the Houston Chronicle, but this was one of two online that I saw listed. I don't care for Chipotle, they use too much black beans and corn. Any good Texan should never eat black beans.

I have YET to see anyone you label as such espousing anything remotely utopian.......look up the word next time so you won't look so moronic...... :P

Your idea of the perfect conservative candidate and how none of them are good enough for you because they are republicans is utopian .... Your perfect utopian political party doesn't exist .... :P

Your idea of the perfect conservative candidate and how none of them are good enough for you because they are republicans is utopian .... Your perfect utopian political party doesn't exist .... :P

nothing utopian about wanting a candidate that I wouldn't have to be a hypocrite and sell out my beliefs to support...I'm not a herd voter like you....I don't vote for nor do I support any party....I vote for and support the candidate who will fit what I said in my opening statement....please look up the word so you know what you are talking about......maybe this will help...... :P

http://www.dictionary.com

nothing utopian about wanting a candidate that I wouldn't have to be a hypocrite and sell out my beliefs to support...I'm not a herd voter like you....I don't vote for nor do I support any party....I vote for and support the candidate who will fit what I said in my opening statement....please look up the word so you know what you are talking about......maybe this will help...... :P

http://www.dictionary.com

Everything utopian about your unrealistic expectations of conservative candidates. I'm not a heard voter either, there are a lot of republicans I won't vote for ... like Cristie and Jeb.

Everything utopian about your unrealistic expectations of conservative candidates. I'm not a heard voter either, there are a lot of republicans I won't vote for ... like Cristie and Jeb.

Wow...you really better try that link I provided for you..... :lol: You really don't understand what "utopian" is, do you???? I don't have any "unrealistic expectations of conservative candidates"....I support ALL Conservative candidates, and any candidate I am going to support WILL have my Conservative beliefs......I am not part of the HERD, and I am able to recognize the difference between a Conservative and a party hack.....I'll be quoting your statement about tubby and bushie in 2016, while you are telling us how we just absolutely MUST support whichever one ends up getting selected by boss rove and the gang........

Wrong again Chester ... I'm a conservative, and a realist. I'm not out there on the fringe like you. Have you considered joining the skinheads gang?

You wouldn't know a REAL Conservative if one came up and smacked you on the jaw......and your use of liberal tactics (as seen from your post above) labels you as a liberal........have you considered just finally giving in to your leftist compulsions and joining the communists???? Here's a quick link in case you want to be with the rest of your comrades.......

http://cpusa.org/