@#$% ATHLETICS...

Yet they have the 4th lowest payroll in the Major Leagues. I thought you were all for that. I still don't see how my Yankees have the 2nd highest payroll with the scrubs that we have playing, but we've overpayed in the past. Your sainted Rangers have the 7th highest payroll, so little Jonny Daniels doesn't appear to be much of a boy genius after the two losses in the World Series.

Yet they have the 4th lowest payroll in the Major Leagues. I thought you were all for that.

I don't think I've EVER posted an opinion on Baseball economics ... I just don't believe championship teams are constructed on computers - nor do I want them to be ;)

Yet they have the 4th lowest payroll in the Major Leagues. I thought you were all for that. I still don't see how my Yankees have the 2nd highest payroll with the scrubs that we have playing, but we've overpayed in the past. Your sainted Rangers have the 7th highest payroll, so little Jonny Daniels doesn't appear to be much of a boy genius after the two losses in the World Series.

And he didn't throw a single pitch. Man, it must be something to be able to screw up an entire series where you didn't even play. Sounds like a bit of screwy logic to me

And he didn't throw a single pitch. Man, it must be something to be able to screw up an entire series where you didn't even play. Sounds like a bit of screwy logic to me

The team he built did it all for him. I'll give him credit for making it to the big dance, but where are the Rangers now ? I've only been an A's fan when Billy Martin was the manager, but that was because I liked him so much. The A's haven't had the payroll, but except for 2009 they've been in the mix to win the West somehow. They're trying to win now, and I can't blame them.

The team he built did it all for him. I'll give him credit for making it to the big dance, but where are the Rangers now ? I've only been an A's fan when Billy Martin was the manager, but that was because I liked him so much. The A's haven't had the payroll, but except for 2009 they've been in the mix to win the West somehow. They're trying to win now, and I can't blame them.

In a lot of injury trouble. You sound like everyone else, oh the Rangers are so bad because of John Daniels, it's all John Daniels fault. We have been absolutely decimated by injuries, especially to our pitching staff. You can't blame a GM for a freak season. The A's have found the magical formula of young talent who plays to their potential almost all the time. I wouldn't call that good scouting or luck either way, because it is both.