🟡 Libertarian?

chase.colston

Which one are you???  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which philosophy to you believe yourself to be a follower of?

• Authoritarian Collectivist
    • Libertarian Individualist

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wayne Allyn Root was selected on Sunday as the 2008 nominee for vice president at the Libertarian National Convention. Root will join former Congressman and Libertarian Party presidential candidate Bob Barr on the Libertarian ticket in Nov.

• 4 months later...

1. You might be a Constitutionalist if you believe that elected leaders

should really obey the U.S. Constitution.

2. You might be a Constitutionalist if you believe that before the United

States invades and occupies another country, Congress must first declare

war.

3. You might be a Constitutionalist if you believe the federal government

should live within its means, like everyone else is forced to do.

4. You might be a Constitutionalist if you think that taking away people's

liberties in the name of security is neither patriotic nor does it make the

country more secure.

5. You might be a Constitutionalist if you would like to see politicians be

forced to abide by the same laws they make everyone else submit to.

6. You might be a Constitutionalist if you understand that we have three

coequal branches of government that are supposed to hold each other in check

and balance.

7. You might be a Constitutionalist if you believe that the federal

government has no authority to be involved in education or law enforcement.

8. You might be a Constitutionalist if you believe that gun control laws do

nothing but aid and abet criminals while trampling the rights and freedoms

of law abiding citizens.

9. You might be a Constitutionalist if you believe that the income tax is

both unconstitutional and immoral and, along with the I.R.S., should be

abolished.

10. You might be a Constitutionalist if you believe the federal government

had no authority to tell Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore that he could not

display a monument containing the Ten Commandments in the Alabama Judicial

Building in Montgomery.

11. You might be a Constitutionalist if you believe that neither Congress

nor the White House nor any sovereign state is required to submit to

unconstitutional Supreme Court rulings such as the Roe v Wade decision.

12. You might be a Constitutionalist if you understand that freedom has

nothing in common with illegal immigration.

13. You might be a Constitutionalist if you understand that outsourcing

American jobs overseas is not good for America.

14. You might be a Constitutionalist if you believe that the United States

should get out of the United Nations and get the United Nations out of the

United States.

15. You might be a Constitutionalist if you believe that it is not

unconstitutional for children in public schools to pray or read the Bible.

16. You might be a Constitutionalist if you believe that the Boy Scouts are

not a threat to America.

17. You might be a Constitutionalist if you believe that the federal

government should honor its commitments to America's veterans.

18. You might be a Constitutionalist if you believe that U.S. troops should

never serve under foreign commanders or wear the uniform or insignia of the

United Nations.

19. You might be a Constitutionalist if you believe that the federal

government has no business bribing churches and faith-based organizations

with federal tax dollars.

20. You might be a Constitutionalist if you believe that federal agents who

murder American citizens should be held to the same laws and punishments

that any other citizen would be held to.

21. You might be a Constitutionalist if you understand that NAFTA, GATT, the

WTO, and the FTAA are disastrous compromises of America's national

sovereignty and independence.

22. You might be a Constitutionalist if you would like to see Congressmen

and Senators be required to actually read a bill before passing it into law.

23. You might be a Constitutionalist if you understand that it is the job of

government to protect and secure God-given rights not use its power to take

those rights away.

24. You might be a Constitutionalist if you understand that there is nothing

unconstitutional with the public acknowledgement of God and our Christian

heritage.

25. You might be a Constitutionalist if you believe that in the beginning

God made Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve.

26. You might be a Constitutionalist if you believe that airport screeners

have no business touching women's breasts and confiscating fingernail

clippers.

27. You might be a Constitutionalist if you believe that many public

schools' "zero-tolerance" policies are just plain stupid.

28. You might be a Constitutionalist if you believe that parents have a

right to home school their children.

29. You might be a Constitutionalist if you believe that governmental

seizure of private property is plain, old fashioned thievery.

30. You might be a Constitutionalist if you would like to meet one single

Congressman or Senator besides Ron Paul who acts as if he or she has ever

read the U.S. Constitution.

http://www.newswithviews.com/baldwin/baldwin213.htm

I believe firmly in the COTUS and hold that our laws today venture far from its tenents.

I also believe the Constitutionalist movement is hampered by the fringe element with which it associates itself.

Just wondering hares, of the 30 things you listed, how many are actually mentioned in the COTUS?

Wait, where is this coming from?

This country was founded on Christian values and the Christian Faith. Christianity does not acknowledge homosexuality as being appropriate, it is a sin, hence the "Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve" comment.

bleeds:

While no one implied the wording in the thirty items listed appears verbadum in COTUS, one can read the Constitution Party's platform at

http://www.constitutionparty.com/party_platform.php and easily associate these items with references to the articles contained in COTUS.

As far as the "fringe element", IMO it is encouraging that organizations like John Birch Society continue to establish themselves on that "fringe".

Chuck Baldwin speaks at John Birch Society 50th Anniversary:

http://www.jbs.org/index.php/about/jbs-50th-anniversary

bleeds:

While no one implied the wording in the thirty items listed appears verbadum in COTUS, one can read the Constitution Party's platform at

http://www.constitutionparty.com/party_platform.php and easily associate these items with references to the articles contained in COTUS.

No, I think that's exactly what you did, whether intentional or not. You presented your list as reasons you might be a Constitutionalist, then listed things not found in same.

See, that's the problem I have with this. You want us to read this list, but it, admittedly, veers from true Constitutionality and into political agenda.

I hold the COTUS dear. But it is at least misleading when you give us a list of things that might cause you do be a Constitutionalist that contain political statements. You and your cause lose credibility when you do that.

No, I think that's exactly what you did, whether intentional or not. You presented your list as reasons you might be a Constitutionalist, then listed things not found in same.

bleeds:

Whose list is this?

--"The Senators and Representatives ... shall be bound by Oath or

Affirmation, to support this Constitution". – US Constitution,

Article 6, Clause 3--

We can go through each one if you like.

bleeds:

Whose list is this?

--"The Senators and Representatives ... shall be bound by Oath or

Affirmation, to support this Constitution". – US Constitution,

Article 6, Clause 3--

We can go through each one if you like.

There's no need. You've already admitted the things on your list that might indicate if you're a Constitutionalist are not all taken from the Constitution. So in effect, you've admitted to padding your list.

I'll make a comparison. What if I posted a list of things that might indicate if you're a Christian and on that list included things like "...if you attend a Baptist Church", or "...if you believe in life after death", or "...if you go to Sunday School"? All these are aspects of Christianity, but none are things that you must do to be a Christian.

My point is this. It is easy to make your point with things that have a Constitutional ring to them. But if you must load your list with political agenda items, you might not be a Constitutionalist.

bleeds:

You can rest assured the Constitution Party is true in it's assertions to return to Constitutional

government. This is an ideology I don't see in the two major parties and the two have strayed from

COTUS for a long time.

As far as a "cause", I have no "cause" but without a doubt the cause of current state of affairs

surrounding many political issues is we the very voters that continue to enable what I consider

criminals at all levels of government.

This is a common question about income tax.

"Could America exist without an income tax? The idea seems radical, yet in truth America did just fine without a federal income tax for the first 126 years of her history. Prior to 1913, the government operated with revenues raised through tariffs, excise taxes, and property taxes, without ever touching a worker's paycheck. Even today, individual income taxes account for only approximately one-third of federal revenue. Eliminating one-third of the proposed 2007 budget would still leave federal spending at roughly $1.8 trillion-- a sum greater than the budget just 6 years ago in 2000! Does anyone seriously believe we could not find ways to cut spending back to 2000 levels? Perhaps the idea of an America without an income tax is not so radical after all."

--Ron Paul

It is said revenues from Federal income tax cover only the interest on our national dept. The key, stop the insane spending

that occurs. Now taxpayers have the bailout to deal with. Or should I say my grandchildren and their future children likely will

deal with it! I of course will have to deal with it yet I won't be here forty years from now dealing with it and who knows what else.

When one looks at a list of the various taxes paid at local, state and national levels it is rather astonishing. It is all about bloated bureaucracies, abuse and control. It is always easier to spend someone else's money.

I have no idea where Obama's legislative bill is now for his cure world hunger plan. That is only 100 billion proposed...only! The bailout...what is the official count on it, probably close to a trillion in reality.

No with spending like this no taxes will be eliminated. And like the old saying no free rides, we are duped into thinking we may get a tax break here, a tax break there. Only thing, it comes back around and what we get today is taken away some other day by some other means.

bleeds:

You can rest assured the Constitution Party is true in it's assertions to return to Constitutional

government. This is an ideology I don't see in the two major parties and the two have strayed from

COTUS for a long time.

As far as a "cause", I have no "cause" but without a doubt the cause of current state of affairs

surrounding many political issues is we the very voters that continue to enable what I consider

criminals at all levels of government.

NO CAUSE!? Please! You've campaigned for your Constitutional Party candidate since you first started posting in this forum. And that's okay, but let's be honest.

And I have no doubt the Constitutional Party wishes to return to a Constitutional form of government. But you CANNOT gauge whether or not I/we might be Constitutionalists with a list that contains items not found in the Constitution, but rather political agenda items.

You pare that list down to pure tenents of the Constitution, and there is no room for arguement. Until then, it is nothing more than a mish-mash of items from the Constitution mixed with political agenda items designed to make us feel good about being a Constitutionalist.

And before you jump to conclusions. I have no qualms with your political views. It is the manner of recruitment you have chosen that I find less than credible.

I think many of us would vote for the Constitutionalist Party or the Liberterian Party. Unfortunately, because they aren't heard, we have the two party system. I have stated, that I would not have chosen McCain as our Presidential Candidate.

Unfortunately, the two candidates that I believed would be best for our country didn't make the cut. I can't vote for a third party, because they don't have the influence to sway the American people to vote for them.

Should we secede as Fivehead has suggested ? I'm honestly thinking about it. I never thought I'd do that in my lifetime.

"It isn’t that the American people want to keep all the government programs. It is that the politicians refuse to give them up and displease their principal backers."

- Harry Browne

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DaveTV1:

This is not intended as a bash...until We the People look at this very hard and realize nothing will ever change until the mindset

of voting for someone in the two party system is corrected , we will continue to get what we get.

I commonly hear the excuse that "this election is too important to vote third party". That is interesting because for thirty-seven years I have heard the same thing. That is not to say for thirty-seven years everything about our political system stinks, just to make a point...with that kind of thinking, we will be bound by a system that in my opinion does not represent the true convictions of a lot of people.

I am Independent, thank the good Lord. I believe in my Lord Jesus Christ but one thing I have found about religion and politics, no one will ever force morality on anyone. The Constitution Party platform, the preamble , depicts a belief in

Biblical principles. While Chuck Baldwin is a Baptist minister, if one reads the preamble to the Constitution Party platform or listens to Chuck Baldwin's speeches ( his speech at the John Birch Society 50th Anniversary ) , one will see that neither Mr. Baldwin nor the Constitution Party is calling for the proverbial religious "litmus test" in determining one's qualifications to represent We the People.

As far as the Libertarian Party, in my opinion that party consists of individuals I personally believe are true to their convictions of smaller government, something we will not get after this election is over regardless of the results.

"Unfortunately" I will not have access to the Internet for a couple of weeks...sort of a welcome relief actually! I won't be able to read any flames for some time. Trust me , I am too old to let words bother me though I have lashed out a few times on this forum. Best regards to all.

Hope you're not talking to/about me hares. I think my observations were good ones and not intended to "flame" you or anyone else. As you will find if you'll go back and read my comments, never did I direct anything toward you, only your posts.

Have a good hiatus from the SDC.

• 9 months later...

Some of these writers at the Gilmer Mirror are extremely racist and very liberal! The reason I say that is, note the bolded part...I'll make plans to attend and see what's up...now if that's what he believes, he's sorely mistaken. It wasn't 90 percent that!

Libertarians to meet

2 days ago | 74 views | 0 | 2 | | By PHILLIP WILLIAMS

An organizational meeting of the Upshur County Libertarian Party is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 27, at the Executive Suites offices on the south side of the downtown square.

Vance Lowry of Gilmer, who said he is one of the meeting’s three prime organizers, told The Mirror Tuesday there has been a “lot of unhappiness with both (major) political parties” in the past 10 years, so “now is a good time to reconstitute the Libertarian Party in Upshur County, and we’ve had a lot of people tell us that.”

“The Libertarian Party believes in the same thing the founding fathers did. They believe in a limited government,” are “fiscally conservative” and favor “personal freedom,” said Lowry.

The party also believes in the kind of foreign policy George Washington recommended—being friends to all and avoiding entangling foreign alliances, he said.

Lowry, who was the Republican Party’s unsuccessful nominee for Upshur County tax assessor-collector in 2006, said he was the county Libertarian chairman 10 years ago, when it was “more or less a figurehead position.”

Since then, he said, there has been more focus on, and knowledge about, what the Libertarian Party stands for.

“Being a former Republican, I was sure disappointed” the last few years with GOP officials’ actions, “especially on the national level,” said Lowry. Specifically, he said, he objected to “the way they let spending get out of control” and the fact that “(former President George W.) Bush never vetoed a Republican bill.”

Lowry said it was also “more and more clear we had a misadventure in foreign affairs.” He said the Iraq war was “90 percent of it.”

He additionally said he and the Aug. 27 meeting’s other main organizers, Allen Weatherford and Mark Grimes, had been in contact with the state Libertarian organization, which instructed them to have an organizational meeting and see how many persons are interested.

Weatherford was the unsuccessful Republican nominee for Upshur County Pct. 3 commissioner in 2006.

Lowry said more information on the meeting is available by calling Weatherford at either 903-855-1777 or 903-790-9355.

• Mr. P changed the title to 🟡 Libertarian?