🟡 Libertarian?

chase.colston

Which one are you???  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which philosophy to you believe yourself to be a follower of?

• Authoritarian Collectivist
    • Libertarian Individualist

Yes or no.

Let me just say that, while I am libertarian in principle, I cannot endorse it wholesale as political philosophy. I agree with limiting government, as a rule. However, there are very specific areas where the individual must exchange his personal liberty for the sake of the body politic.

"If men were angels, no government would be necessary." But then, even some angels proved to be corrupt and rebelled against their Creator. Fallen-ness, it seems, is interwoven into the fabric of Creation. Thus, I cannot trust man's liberty any more than I can trust collective dominion. Government must be checked and balanced in order to limp towards civilization. Even then, it's often a pendulum swing.
Yes, we (as participants in our civilization) should keen ardently toward liberty and freedom. However, an unbridled freedom is about as useful as an unbridled horse. Beautiful to look at and admire from a distance, all but impossible to navigate down a crowded street.

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Let me just say that, while I am libertarian in principle, I cannot endorse it wholesale as political philosophy. I agree with limiting government, as a rule. However, there are very specific areas where the individual must exchange his personal liberty for the sake of the body politic.

"If men were angels, no government would be necessary." But then, even some angels proved to be corrupt and rebelled against their Creator. Fallen-ness, it seems, is interwoven into the fabric of Creation. Thus, I cannot trust man's liberty any more than I can trust collective dominion. Government must be checked and balanced in order to limp towards civilization. Even then, it's often a pendulum swing.
Yes, we (as participants in our civilization) should keen ardently toward liberty and freedom. However, an unbridled freedom is about as useful as an unbridled horse. Beautiful to look at and admire from a distance, all but impossible to navigate down a crowded street.

I'm a Libertarian to a degree (except for the points mentioned above) on a Federal level. I do not believe in anarchy, and that is why laws should be passed on a local level. In my opinion those laws should be brought to vote by the people, and not by our representatives that we vote to stand for us. In my opinion, they should legislate laws, but they should be voted on by the public similar to when communities want to allow for their towns to be wet. While I realize that we are a Republic, and not a Democracy the people should not be ruled by legislators alone, but the will of the people. For example Gay marriage wasn't allowed for 239 years in our nation, and many states did try to legalize gay marriage with voting. Even California voted against it, before the courts overturned it. Not once did any state vote for legalized same sex marriage by the people. It was either done by the courts or through legislation. In my opinion, that's not how it should be done, but by the will of the people.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

http://ronpaulinstitute.org/archives/featured-articles/2017/january/09/sen-jeff-sessions-libertarian-or-authoritarian/

Copyright © 2017 by RonPaul Institute. Permission to reprint in whole or in part is gladly granted, provided full credit and a live link are given. (Done)

Yes Dr. Paul it very well could be the swamp will be getting swampier. ;)

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/german-jack-boots

• 1 month later...

Here are some of the biggest killers of the idea Trump and Paul followed the same path in their political endeavors. It's a big difference IMO.

Donald Trump is an authoritarian who sees no problem that government can’t fix so long as he is in charge of it. Ron Paul is a libertarian who not only believes government isn’t the solution to most problems, but that no one should have too much power.

Trump believes the Bill of Rights and civil liberties are annoying obstacles to his draconian plans to “keep us safe.” Paul believes no man is above the rule of law and the Constitution was designed precisely to protect us from people like this year’s Republican nominee.

Trump is a collectivist, who constantly stokes fear over immigrants, blacks and Muslims. Paul is an individualist who doesn’t believe in categorizing and judging people by groups, racial, ethnic, religious or otherwise. Paul has said time and again that Latinos should not become scapegoats in the immigration debate, that big government and the drug war targets blacks and other minorities unjustly, and that the world’s 1.7 billion Muslims are unfairly maligned. Islam-bashing “provokes the fear required for war-mongering,” says Paul.

http://rare.us/rare-politics/rare-liberty/libertarianism-and-the-alt-right-are-polar-opposites-and-so-are-ron-paul-and-donald-trump/

I've had conversation with some who say Trump is the result of Ron Paul. To compare either as being the same is ludicrous to say the least.

Ronald Reagan use to say government is the problem. I truly believe in many instances Trump is going to say government can resolve the problem. For instance, financial bailouts, government stimulus and health care to name only a few.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

If they want to burn, that's their choice......it's called freedom........

They will in the end. They simply think since it's legal it's not a sin against God. The only one out of that is guns that God doesn't have a problem with, unless you use it to kill someone in a rage of sin.

They will in the end. They simply think since it's legal it's not a sin against God. The only one out of that is guns that God doesn't have a problem with, unless you use it to kill someone in a rage of sin.

Or premeditate a killing.......

To me the Libertarians say they are for local power, until the local power goes against what they want to do they whine like little girls.

Libertarians say the people should decide and when the people decide and when the people say that a marriage is between a man and a women and when they do that their silence on the law being overturned is deafening.
Also the Anarchists and Satinist have found a home within the party, and that is never good. Sorry for the language. With all that being said I wish the political parties were the Liberterian Party and the Republican Party.( Excluding the RHINO's of course)

1qqejk.jpg

• Mr. P changed the title to 🟡 Libertarian?