DPS to Fingerprint Every Texas Citizen

RETIREDFAN1

It shows how out of touch the GOP is in Texas.

From reading the article, it sounds as if the DPS has decided to do this on their own without the Legislature having approved it........DPS sounds like they are gearing up to join with the DC Gestapo......

All of mine too since 1976. Nature of the job.

True, but that's not a state agency without legislative or judicial powers to make or interpret a law doing it on it's own...If you didn't want the job, you wouldn't have to submit to that intrusion on your privacy......DPS has overstepped its authority by trying to force EVERYONE to subject themselves to this FOURTH AMENDMENT violation........

Mine for conceal carry.

Conceal carry is just backdoor registration of your weapons so when the authoritarians finally decide it's time for them to get them, they know who you are.......I carry my gun with me anyway, without asking the government for permission...... :)

Conceal carry is just backdoor registration of your weapons so when the authoritarians finally decide it's time for them to get them, they know who you are.......I carry my gun with me anyway, without asking the government for permission...... :)

+ 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

From reading the article, it sounds as if the DPS has decided to do this on their own without the Legislature having approved it........DPS sounds like they are gearing up to join with the DC Gestapo......

Yep, they see what big brother is doing without directives, and they can get away with it. If that's the case our elected officials need to tell them what's legal or not. We see what D.C. has done with the CIA, FBI, NSA, EPA, IRS, and other agencies. There's no control.

Castle doctrine.

All I have to say about taking them is pry them from my cold, dead fingers.