Running a certain system even when you don't have the athletes for it...

blitzem

And we won state 4 years ago doesn't mean we will this year lol.

The crazy thing about it is the guys who get mad when people like us express our opinions really never have to go thru these situations let Traylor or some big time coach leave and they get a man who puts them in a situation where the schemes might not fit there athletes and the become average... There fan base would be livid.

I've seen Gilmer adapt from Air Raid, Power run, to a more balanced attack and it all worked because Traylor was smart enough to adapt. After 2006 LE hasnt

And we won state 4 years ago doesn't mean we will this year lol.

Yea but that's all left is memories you have to be consistent would you rather win one big game every six to eight years or be competitive and win on the regular basis

Hell my team done won plenty of "big" games but uhhh...

btx. JH was a spectator! 3 pass plays a game and 60 run plays ! Wells completely opened up offense! Wells brought balance and unpredictability! 07-2012 LE offense was predictable! After 06 it was all about the staff and working bankers hours! What was JH record last season? Enough said! And with the new district he is in I really feel bad for him. Alot of the old staff was arrogant and self absorbed and just plain lazy.

Btex can't stand for anyone to have an opinion that's different than his. Apparently he's the authority on what makes/doesn't make a good coach, scheme, system, etc. And no one else is entitled to any other opinions. Give me a break. This is a MESSAGE BOARD! It is for opinions and to talk football. Not someone to pretend to be superior to everyone else. If you don't like what people say and can't have a conversation about it without just saying their wrong, don't post!

btx. JH was a spectator! 3 pass plays a game and 60 run plays ! Wells completely opened up offense! Wells brought balance and unpredictability! 07-2012 LE offense was predictable! After 06 it was all about the staff and working bankers hours! What was JH record last season? Enough said! And with the new district he is in I really feel bad for him. Alot of the old staff was arrogant and self absorbed and just plain lazy.

Point proven!

The current qb was just tried at qb at the end of last year. Middle school development has never been a priority under the old ADs . Maybe wells will change the development issues? LE was loaded with talent the last 7 years and alot of it was undeveloped and just pure God given talent! There was no emphasis on conditioning and weight training! We lost a lot of games because we were out of shape. No real contact in 2 days because fear of injuries. You have to condition your body for the contact for the season in 2 a days. Injuries are a part of sports , you can't coach afraid of injuries. Wells has moral at an all time high! Kids are excited about football and athletics again. They finally feel like the staff cares! That's been missing for a long time. KALE!!!!!!! BEAT GILMER!!!!!!

You talking JH or HS I am lost? Also on the reads and progression, are you aware that many colleges have a presnap read and only throw to one side, hence two targets? This has been an issue for several guys who were drafted. In airraid and TF it is presnap, choose side based on coverage, throw quick.

But even this must be coached from a young age, and it is not easy. But again the original poster stated the system was wrong, then called out OC from Lindale. All I am asking is if he knows what to do in his opinion then tell us other wise it is just whining.

Kool!

Have interviewed at places before that the school board members wanted to call the shots.....they asked questions about what kind of system I was going to run.....I would tell them I would have to evaluate the kids before I made the final decision.....Many of those places were just trying to find a coach that would listen to them and run what they wanted......BUT I also know that the school board is the "final decision maker" especially in the little schools......MY take is you run the scheme that you have the talent and kids for.....you won't run the veer...if all you have is big slow linemen and a QB that is not very smart.....you won't be a dropback passing team with a 5'6" QB with a good arm....BUT you might adapt and do sprint out and run and shoot type stuff.....IT DEPENDS on many factors

1. The type of kids

2. Their work ethic

3. TIME constraints

4. YOUR STAFF

5. The community involvement

6. tradition of the school

7. YOUR KNOWLEDGE

I know...I'm talking too much...will shut up!!

Have interviewed at places before that the school board members wanted to call the shots.....they asked questions about what kind of system I was going to run.....I would tell them I would have to evaluate the kids before I made the final decision.....Many of those places were just trying to find a coach that would listen to them and run what they wanted......BUT I also know that the school board is the "final decision maker" especially in the little schools......MY take is you run the scheme that you have the talent and kids for.....you won't run the veer...if all you have is big slow linemen and a QB that is not very smart.....you won't be a dropback passing team with a 5'6" QB with a good arm....BUT you might adapt and do sprint out and run and shoot type stuff.....IT DEPENDS on many factors

1. The type of kids

2. Their work ethic

3. TIME constraints

4. YOUR STAFF

5. The community involvement

6. tradition of the school

7. YOUR KNOWLEDGE

I know...I'm talking too much...will shut up!!

Lol your cool that's what the topic is for

Please read your comments about the OC and see if you have the slightest chance to think you might have an issue with him? As for the other I do not know of any player who becomes a division 1 recruit that was not on the radar of some school before their senior year. Maybe there are but I have not seen it.

As for you like I said your the expert so fix the issue list what YOU would do and how, but then again you have dodged that one every time. So is it that you can't answer and just want to complain? I have no issue with pointing out a problem and had you mentioned the points given up then no real argument, it was 48 a game. As you notice on some threads of complaint I don't comment because it doesn't come off as personal......

You go back and look at the stats/box score from this last year and count up how many of the points the defense gave up came from the offense turning over the ball, either from pick 6's, fumbles or interceptions. The defense never stood a chance in half the games after that. It's hard to dig your way out of a situation like that. Did the defense give up a lot of points on their own? Yes. Does it reflect in the average points per game? No. You have to have an offense that can protect the ball and manage the clock. Period.

I can't find the exact stats right now; I am traveling and don't have all the time I need to find them. It had to be close to 3 a game.

I really think Lindale could have success running the option or something similar. Even staying under center like they currently do, but adding some new looks/formations instead of their normal predictable ones could help a lot. Like you said, don't throw the baby out with the bath water, just change it up to adapt to what fits your kids. If you don't have a great qb...don't throw it every down! They have a couple of guys that could be great options as running backs, but they don't use them as that. One of them is currently a wide receiver.

I guess instead of saying "the OC" I should have just kept saying the offense or whoever calls the plays, so you wouldn't be offended by my saying the OC. I thought it would be understood that the OC is responsible for all offensive play calls just as the DC is, not that it was a direct attack on him. Just like when people watch any football game and question the play calling, it's a reflection on whoever is calling the plays. It's not rocket science. Coordinators have to know that when things don't go well it's a reflection on them, it doesn't matter if they don't coach that exact position and the kid screwed up. People look to the coordinators and head coach. They don't say "man, that position coach is bad"

Anyway, I'd love to continue this conversation with you, but I'll be internet-free for awhile on vacation.

Talent and hard work have a TON to do with it, BUT they still have to have someone to teach them and guide them. You can't expect a qb to develop on their own. Do you think Gilmer, Whitehouse, etc just say at the end of the season "Well, we'll work on it again in August. " ?

Hey I coached Johnny Football in the 6th grade ... does that count??