2014 HS Football Season Feedback...

Smoaky

Hello everyone, it's Smoaky.

I've owned this site since July, 2002 and it's been more than I could have ever imagined. But, it couldn't be one of the best or more popular sites in Texas without our great membership and my loyal group or moderators and admins.

Believe me, when I started this site in July, 2002, I didn't know what to expect. And, here we are 12-years later and going strong.

We've continued to be at the forefront of breaking stories, feeding the thirst of high school fans in now two major regions, greater-East and Central Texas.

Now, as workouts begin, I want your feedback on what you would like to see or add for the upcoming season?

If you would rather EMAIL your feedback, my email is listed below.

It's wide open, so let's go and thank you for the input.

David Smoak

[email protected]

I think it'd be neat to have a week-to-week "Smoaky.com Poll" of top 10 teams that Smoaky members vote on, ordered by classification. Of course, there'd be nine kinds of heck over who's #1, but isn't that a good thing on a message board? ;)

I think it'd be neat to have a week-to-week "Smoaky.com Poll" of top 10 teams that Smoaky members vote on, ordered by classification. Of course, there'd be nine kinds of heck over who's #1, but isn't that a good thing on a message board? ;)

I don't know if we can get this done, but we're working on it.

Smoaky

Are stats even kept for JV games? If they are I couldn't find it last year.

BostonLion,

With all due respect to the JV games and results, I honestly don't believe that's possible unless someone wants to start their own thread. But, I don't want the JV scores clogging up the varsity threads.

Thank you for asking.

Smoaky

Any plans on a high school pick em contest as well as a college pick em contest for 2014? Just asking.

Yes, and I'm working on a way for everyone to pick games in both East and Central Texas and the computer grades the entries each week.

Smoaky

Every Thurs/Fri/Sat..would be nice to sticky a live scores thread at the top. That way folks can give updates throughout games. Pretty good tradition the 5A (or new 6A board) does every year. I know people usually make a regular thread for it, but it's kind've been unorganized.

Every Thurs/Fri/Sat..would be nice to sticky a live scores thread at the top. That way folks can give updates throughout games. Pretty good tradition the 5A (or new 6A board) does every year. I know people usually make a regular thread for it, but it's kind've been unorganized.

I've asked our webmaster to work on trying to make this happen.

Smoaky

College is setup. Lobo97 will be doing that. High school involves more work but I am sure will do it.

I'm also working on having something where members can click their prediction online and not have to type it out. It's a work in progress but it's something we're working on as well.

This would also eliminate the lengthy process of grading the entries each week.

Smoaky

A simple thread pined up at the top with standings would probably do the trick. There is always one tread about the action on thursday so that's where you can plug in stats. Again just a suggestion.

There are probably enough parents that keep track of stats that you could get some input.

BostonLion,

With all due respect to the JV games and results, I honestly don't believe that's possible unless someone wants to start their own thread. But, I don't want the JV scores clogging up the varsity threads.

Thank you for asking.

Smoaky

I wasn't complaining but just stating what I observed. Personally the JV stats don't mean a lot to me but might to others. A bad or good JV team doesn't always translate to an equally bad or good Varsity. :)