2014 Season prediction

cujoforlife

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There winning State this year don't you remember.

It's a prediction thread...someone made a prediction about their own team, what's wrong with that?

Go back to worrying whether your boys will even make the post season.

its a open race to state this year to me not one team just stands out to beat everybody i know they say aledo is great but east tx wise if we come to longview an stop longview run game and win then it is no reason jt cant get there too . and as of now it dont matter how many times yall have beat us none of those guys will be on the field and last year showed we can hang wit them even in a non real game only team that can talk about the past is lufkin cuss most of the same guys will be coming back. but longview just cuss yall won a game back in 2008 really isnt going to help in 2014 just cuss yall won 12 or whatever straight will not matter it good to be used to beating jt if it makes u feel good but u see what nac did hmmmm just saying

but if u talk about the past jt beat longview the last time jt played at lobo stadium. an no disrespect but i really dont like that stadium imma have to get to the game at like 5 to gt a good seat

Can see Kilgore going either 8-2 with losses to Nacogdoches, and Texas High.

7-3 with losses to Nacogdoches, Texas High, and Corpus Christie Flour Bluff.

I think Kilgore can go undefeated in District with what I have heard from a (little birdie) in Carthage that they will struggle this yr. And the (little birdie is a real strong source).

I have been to a few of Kilgore's practices so far this yr and I will say that the Offense looks really good or the Defense looks really bad. My opinion I would say that the Offense is just really good so far they were all clicking and hitting on all cylinders. Just my opinion so far on KILGORE!!.......

Best case scenario...... 7-3. But that would be a tall order that will include wins over Parkway (State finalist) and a Hallsville team we have struggled against the last 3 seasons. Losses would be Longview, Texarkana, and SS. 7-3, considering where we have been..... would be huge.

Loss to Parkway would drop to 6-4.

Lose to Hallsville and we are 5-5. And that would seal our playoff fate.

More than 5 losses marks very little improvement considering that will include possible losses to MP and PT, both with new coaches and new systems. Not to mention they are both younger teams than we will be.

Losses to Royse City, Crandall, or Greenville....... smh........ and I'll officially declare myself a Lufkin Panther.

Best case scenario...... 7-3. But that would be a tall order that will include wins over Parkway (State finalist) and a Hallsville team we have struggled against the last 3 seasons. Losses would be Longview, Texarkana, and SS. 7-3, considering where we have been..... would be huge.

Loss to Parkway would drop to 6-4.

Lose to Hallsville and we are 5-5. And that would seal our playoff fate.

More than 5 losses marks very little improvement considering that will include possible losses to MP and PT, both with new coaches and new systems. Not to mention they are both younger teams than we will be.

Losses to Royse City, Crandall, or Greenville....... smh........ and I'll officially declare myself a Lufkin Panther.

I thought you would jump on the Lobo bandwagon before the Panthers.. :lol:

Can see Kilgore going either 8-2 with losses to Nacogdoches, and Texas High.

7-3 with losses to Nacogdoches, Texas High, and Corpus Christie Flour Bluff.

I think Kilgore can go undefeated in District with what I have heard from a (little birdie) in Carthage that they will struggle this yr. And the (little birdie is a real strong source).

I have been to a few of Kilgore's practices so far this yr and I will say that the Offense looks really good or the Defense looks really bad. My opinion I would say that the Offense is just really good so far they were all clicking and hitting on all cylinders. Just my opinion so far on KILGORE!!.......

you really believe Bulldogs could possibly lose to CCFB?? I KNOW anythg is possible but...

Stephenville 2014

Realistically, being ranked #1 by most polls in 4A D1 is being optimistic considering we lost most of the OL (which wasn't the best they've had) and a couple of key defensive players. Having one of the nations top QB's returning and a stud Soph RB helps. There are 3-4 "new" WR's. Two are move-in's and 2 are promoted JV players. So far, they look solid and are all 6'1" plus.

The strength this season is definitely going to be the offense. The defense added a couple of speedy corner backs and have the LB's returning.

I can see Stephenville losing 1-2 games maybe more but hit stride before the playoffs. Key games...

1. South HS (Anchorage, Alaska) -- Unknown -- DQ Game of The Week coverage

2. Lubbock Cooper -- Solid very physical football program; gave the Jackets a good test in the Reg 1 QF; game Stidham tore his hamstring in subfreezing weather -- ESPN2 televised

3. Brownwood -- Though they have been down since the 2010 team, it's one of the storied rival games in the state and now they are back in the same district after 6 years, it will be a good test for the Jackets playing in Brownwood.

4. Big Spring -- They return alomst their entire team from the area round loss to the Jackets in a last second TD throw from Stidham. Game will be in Big Spring and revenge will be their MO. Their highly skilled QB Tannehill will be the key returner.

Other notable games will be Alvarado and Abilene Wylie. Two familiar football programs that produce solid teams year in and year out. Looking forward to a fun season. Hopefully Stephenville will get to meet Carthage this season or at least their little brother Kilgore to the west. ;)

Date Opponent Result 08/297:30p

09/057:30p

09/127:30p

09/207:30p

09/267:30p

10/107:30p

Game Details: Brownwood High School, Gordon Wood Stadium

10/177:30p

10/247:30p

11/077:30p

They reshuffle and redraw district schedules after each alignment. We are going to Hallsville again this year. Happened a couple of years ago with Jacksonville and that dreaded tomato bowl.