Paris vs Mt. Pleasant, week one

bluetopper

What type of offense will Hohenberger implement this year?

Run oriented spread with more 2-back sets with short passing game that should keep defenses from packing the box. QB was district offensive MVP last year and is a load to tackle. RB was 1st team and they've added a 2nd RB who's just a sophomore but very shifty.

Gonna be a good one. Good luck to the Wildcats in the first game against a hated rival in my Tigers. The Tigers have owned this rivalry since the early 90s. Gonna be a heck of a match-up. It is at home for us so I will give my Tigers the edge. They have a new coach but if the players listen and get excited about what Homer is teaching them then they have shot to surprise a lot of critics including myself. Homer is a former Tiger from the 90s as are all the other coaches. So my prediction for this game is 28-24 Tigers.

• 2 weeks later...

Run oriented spread with more 2-back sets with short passing game that should keep defenses from packing the box. QB was district offensive MVP last year and is a load to tackle. RB was 1st team and they've added a 2nd RB who's just a sophomore but very shifty.

The way MP played in their scrimmage. I will give Paris a chance to win. But I'm still gonna take my Tigers to continue their winning ways over the Wildcats.

It won't surprise me if MP manages to scrape out a win. Tigers have done it before in this series plenty of times when they weren't expected to. Still, I think MP will need a few TO's to stay in the game. Tigers look really small and I've heard that 8 starters go both ways: Not a good formula for victory on a hot August night, especially if Cats jump out to an early lead. Padilla has Paris by 1.

One thing this new coaching staff has done is bring the morale as well as work ethic back on the ups. These kids bust their tails off day in and day out and are buying in to what Coach Homer's staff has brought with them. The numbers are actually UP from previous years, but the experience level just isn't their after being hit hard by graduation.

I still expect my Tigers to pull out the win over Paris.

This team actually has quite a few seniors...just not a lot of football experience yet. I do think playing JT with all the speed at every position will help accelerate their learning curve. IMO this should be a good game with the Wildcats and hope for a win.