District 15-5A - 2014 Football Discussion Thread

LoboFan07

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.marshallmavericks.net

Finally got most of the facility pics posted. The athletic complex, gym, softball, fieldhouse.

Still need to get some of the completed upgrades posted.

But it's coming along nicely. Everything should be in place by the start of the season.

Thanks for all the positive feedback!

I am shocked but for yall anyone a safe bet for homecoming well almost anyone.

Guys after all the trash talking is done, who's playing who , what position, what players are playing, tuffness of schedule........ I can go on and on Longview will not win a championship until their current Football- - - - - is gone fill in the blanks.... You can bless me out but deep down you know I'm telling the truth... I followed Longview faithfully for 10 years and I hear the same story over and over again ( At least we won district again) Man this staff has personnel come thru every year that some coaches wish they could get once out of every five years, Two fullbacks on the same team 6' tall 250 -260 that can run under 4.8 in the forty. Should I continue... Three junior highs feeeding quality athletes into the system.......

Guys after all the trash talking is done, who's playing who , what position, what players are playing, tuffness of schedule........ I can go on and on Longview will not win a championship until their current Football- - - - - is gone fill in the blanks.... You can bless me out but deep down you know I'm telling the truth... I followed Longview faithfully for 10 years and I hear the same story over and over again ( At least we won district again) Man this staff has personnel come thru every year that some coaches wish they could get once out of every five years, Two fullbacks on the same team 6' tall 250 -260 that can run under 4.8 in the forty. Should I continue... Three junior highs feeeding quality athletes into the system.......

You have a point!

man we sure no how to keep it quite up here in texarkana. I love the quote " texarkana:Absolutely nothing"

It really feels like pulling teeth trying to find out anything about the Tigers so far this year.

As fantastic said, there's been absolutely nothing at least on the online site for any football team this season. Greenville has even had more articles than y'all.

There has been absolutely nothing in the local papers about any of the local teams. I guess the 1 big write up is all they are interested in doing. Would like to at least get some insight on any of the FOUR teams in town.

I know what you mean just no that there is a 3 way qb battle right now Norton said a starter should be named Monday if rb can hold on to the ball he should be a stud whats he like 6-1 220. That's all I no school web just posted team roster today and just listen to 1400am Tuesday Norton show comes on I think 230 pm.

The MNM has done a fantastic job this summer. I've got all the articles they had posted on my page.

BUT.....

there has been a radio silence for the last week. Not sure what all that means..... but I'm sure it will crank up next week.

I hope.....

been a lot of buzz. Hope it means something.

Dallas Morning News predictions...

1) Longview

2) Texas High

3) Sulphur Springs

4) Hallsville

5) Marshall

6) Mount Pleasant

7) Pine Tree

8) Greenville

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/high-schools/headlines/20140819-hs-football-preview-5a-uil-players-to-watch-key-numbers-district-predictions.ece?hootPostID=8a489bfa9f49eb2c2b9660999617f94c

Dallas Morning News predictions...

1) Longview

2) Texas High

3) Sulphur Springs

4) Hallsville

5) Marshall

6) Mount Pleasant

7) Pine Tree

8) Greenville

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/high-schools/headlines/20140819-hs-football-preview-5a-uil-players-to-watch-key-numbers-district-predictions.ece?hootPostID=8a489bfa9f49eb2c2b9660999617f94c

am I the only one who believes in marshall?

Dave Campbell and old coach have same as DMN.....5th.

They may be right.

But I dont think so. After seeing the light years difference between 2012 and 2013 with no offseason...... now that they've had a year, I think the difference will be even greater.

Sure looks like it in practice at least.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

Hallsville and Marshall are hard to call right now. Distinguishing between the two at this point is like pulling hairs. Hallsville has 12 starters back and Marshall has 16, not much difference and Hallsville has a streak going. Keep hearing that many have left the Hallsville program though so Marshall may have that gong for them.

I know one thing, PT isn't losing to MP.

You have to put SS & Texas High as probable 2nd & 3rd just because of past history. I do believe both have more questions about them than normal though. I just don't think anything past Longview is predictable this year.

Greenville is pretty predictable I would say, unless someone like MP or PT has Mount Pleasant type injuries again this year.