District 15-5A - 2014 Football Discussion Thread

LoboFan07

Mavs will probably break the streak this season. Anything that could go wrong practically is happening to our roster.

I'm not buying it.

I've seen talented Marshall teams lose to Longview.

I'm not sure this team is talented yet. Better.....YES. Talented? Jury is still out.

And Longview is still Longview. No matter what.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Storylines going into this week-

Rise of hallsville - from barely making playoffs to possible 2-3 finish.

Marshall - could this be the year Marshall beats Longview? How good are they?

Questions for Longview - discipline problems, issues on field, and preseason hype are not a good combination.

THIGH and Sulpher- continue marching on despite some issues for THIGH with conditioning and understanding. Sulpher still no defense.

mp and pt - 6A Austin and Metroplex coaches struggle in first year. Might be a long season.

Greenville - First win in two years and possibly making inroads towards above last place finish.

You're yanking chains. LOL.

After the last 3 years..... I'd be THRILLED with 5-5. Anything above that is a bonus.

We have struggled too much against Longview, Sulphur Springs, and recently Hallsville to be making too many bold predictions.

Until proven otherwise...... the Mavs are still "down" IMHO.

the only "chains" I got is the one I'm close to hanging myself with if one mo effin thing goes on in the Lobos program...

Marshall 10-0 or 9-1

Pile on the gravy. Greenville 27, Royse City 24. GVL spots R-City 21 points in the first quarter, holds them to three the rest of the way. Lions go 99 yards, 2 feet, 11 inches in the final four minutes to pull off the come-from-behind victory. GVL is now 2-0.

So y'all are pulling an MP from last year?

looks like it...right now I see Mavs and Bobcats beating us...PT SS putting up 40+...Greenville THigh MP making us sweat it out. This year we don't put fear into nobody like the past.

Nonsense.

Until someone in the district actually beats the Lobos, then I'm not listening to this talk from the Longview camp.

Read through some of the threads here and on other forums and facebook. A lot of Lobo fans think they will struggle again next week with Neville, then waltz through the district pretty easily. Then not be tested again until they meet Lufkin or JT in the first round of the playoffs.

Want to get mad about the fact that they have so little respect for 15-5A?

No reason to be mad really..... history says they are 100% right. History says some of the worst Lobo teams are better than best teams 15-5A can field. Doesn't matter if we like it. Fact remains that they haven't lost to any of us since Marshall beat them in 2000. Their last trip into 5A (then 4A) produced a district record of (12-0) for the Lobos.

Honestly.... they have no reason to worry about losing to any of us. And I agree......they don't. Even with the problems they've had thus far.

I doubt most of them think they will lose to Texas High, Hallsville, Marshall..... any of us.

(0-2) or (2-0)..... the Lobos are the best team in 15-5A until someone actually beats them. And even if they enter district play in 2 weeks at (0-3)..... I have no doubt they will be fully confident they will be (7-3) at the end of the regular season. And I'm not going to pick against it until I actually see someone step up and beat them.

:lol:

Both teams Longview has lost to would CRUSH anybody in our district. And you know it

+1

this.

I've decided some of these Longview folks are fishing for praise from the outside because their own fans are cannibalizing each other. LMAO.

But like I said....until someone in 15-5A actually beats them...... status quo.

+1

this.

I've decided some of these Longview folks are fishing for praise from the outside because their own fans are cannibalizing each other. LMAO.

But like I said....until someone in 15-5A actually beats them...... status quo.

that somebody prolly gon be Mavs...

that somebody prolly gon be Mavs...

like I said...

steak dinner with alll the trimmings if that happens. You been saying that since last spring.

Reasons I doubt:

1. Take away our 2-0 start this season...... we are 6-25 the last 3 seasons. A historic low for the program in spite of last season's ridiculous playoff appearance. That record makes one VERY skeptical. It makes one very cautious to predict win over ANYONE (thanks, PT for saving us!).

2. I'm not sold on our competition this season. Yes....we've dominated both of them. But one has to wonder if we wouldn't have dominated them the last 3 seasons if we had been playing them instead of Longview, Whitehouse, Parkway, Kilgore, and Byrd. Is our 2-0 start because we are soooo much more improved...... or is it the product of a really weak schedule? Sure..... we dominated RC, but a Greenville team with a 40 game losing streak beat them too. Makes you skeptical.

3. I joke about it...... but seeing some of the Longview folks predicting a Marshall surprise makes one wonder if this isn't more reverse psychology because Lobo fans are cannibalizing each other than REAL TALK. Lobos are 0-2 (possibly 0-3) against three monster programs. Period.

4. 13 losses in a row to Longview. Enough said. There has been a few times during this streak Marshall may have been the more talented team.... but the Lobos still managed to beat the Mavs because of better coaching, better execution, and more confidence. Honestly, there has been a few times during this streak it seemed the Lobos simply intimidated their way into wins. A sign of domination to the penultimate degree IMHO.

And to be honest...... we have very little to gauge ourselves to see where we stand prior to facing Longview. Parkway, Hallsville, and PT are not enough. Even IF we roll into Lobo stadium at 5-0 and IF Longview was 2-3, the Lobos would be BIG favorites.

JMHO

I'm so done complimenting Longview....... it's making me nauseous. LMAO.

There's no reason to be complimenting us atm lol. Our fans were going to sandbag no matter what prior to the season, now they're realllllllllly going to sandbag. Some of it's true, some of it isn't.

Either way, Longview has done absolutely nothing this season to be complimented on. It says a lot when you're the first team in the last 51 years of our program to start 0-2, with a strong likelihood to start 0-3.

I have my opinions on our entire district, but they don't matter at the moment. We're still three weeks away from district play (as of last Friday). Too much can change, as we can see just by looking at Longview the last two weeks.

seriously though greenville congrats! i cant even imagine the last 4 years for u guys. good luck the rest of the way. the competition is about to step up for both of our teams so it might not last long but for now we can enjoy being atop the standings

Thanks! We know it won't last long, so we're enjoying it while we can. The last four years...well, I wouldn't recommend it, I'll put it that way. Honestly, we were just looking for any kind of improvement this season, any at all, and I think we've gotten it. Good luck the rest of the way to you guys as well.

I still think lobos will be at least 2 tds better than the next best team in this district. I dont think they will be able to make a ton of mistakes and still have an easy win. 2-5 will be up in the air. I dont think there will be much seperation between marshall hallsville ss and thigh. Then mp pt and greenville will battle it out to stay out of last place and play a spoiler role to the other teams.