District 15-5A - 2014 Football Discussion Thread

LoboFan07

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely amazing.

OK, I'm just testing this out. Not much of an artist, but I wanted to see how this turns out on an actual board. If the graphic is too big, let me know and I'll try to shrink it down. Got the logos from wherever I could find them, sorry if they're a bit skewed or not up to date. These are next week's games on here; again, just a bye week test. Couple of notes:

1) I didn't draw the helmets from scratch, obviously. Photoshop template. But you work with what you got. I also claim no ownership over anything on here.

2) I saw Mount Pleasant's helmets from last year. Nope. I'll stick with the Mizzou helmets.

3) I stink at stripes, so don't look for those either.

4) Why Greenville on top? Because it's my graphic, that's why. :)

5) That's about as detailed as it's gonna get. You guys are smarter than I, you can handle the team/game notes yourself. :)

If ya'll would rather I not do this, I won't. Just thought it'd be a bit different.

cb9c2735-9973-46a7-bd73-8cff4b017169.png

Is this going to be a weekly thing? Very nice Greenville!!

Thanks for the compliments, guys. I can make it a weekly thing if you guys want to. I used to do this on another board several years ago. Let's just say...I wasn't feeling it too much the last couple of years. :) I'm a self-employed web designer by trade (work for myself and my boss is still a jerk, figure that one out), as well as a football helmet junkie, so I make time to do stuff like this once in a while.

I've got the individual helmets on my computer as well, if anyone wants one for sigs or avatars or stuff.

Greenville, those really look sharp but I wanted to let you know that Hallsville changed the logo on their helmets last year just in case you wanted to be accurate. They now spell CATS in white across the helmet. No big deal to me because I think that Bobcat looked good. Anyway, the helmets look awesome, keep up the good work!

Greenville, those really look sharp but I wanted to let you know that Hallsville changed the logo on their helmets last year just in case you wanted to be accurate. They now spell CATS in white across the helmet. No big deal to me because I think that Bobcat looked good. Anyway, the helmets look awesome, keep up the good work!

Thanks for the heads-up. I'll keep an eye out for the logo, and if I find a good enough image, I'll change the helmet in a future update.

Longview vs Pine Tree. No comment. The Mt Pleasant vs Greenville game is intriguing. It will be very interesting to see how that one plays out. Marshall vs Hallsville and Texas High vs Sulphur Springs games are HUGE to start the district schedule with. Possible playoff implications already. The winners of those two games have an inside track at the post season.

I feel a lot better about marshalls chances after seeing parkway destroy ark high last night. Parkway pulled starters after 3rd quarter. Marshall outscored parkway 14-12 in the second half after making adjustments. Thus forcing parkway to keep starters in the entire game. Texas high lost to ark high and hallsville seems to be fairly even with texas high looking at common opponents. I know you cant put much into that but its all we have to go by right now. When marshall and hville meet on the field everything is out the window and the most prepared team will win.