District 15-5A - 2014 Football Discussion Thread

LoboFan07

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mavs have got to find a way to win at home against either Texas High or SS..... otherwise basketball season will be coming early this season.

Or we hope for Hallsville to help us out with an upset loss to Greenville or such.

What is surprising about?

Guessing going off personal opinion, as Hallsville was much more impressed against his Tigers than Sulphur Springs was.

I'm pretty impressed that Hallsville made an comeback in the game.

1) Longview (5-2, 4-0)
2) Texas High (4-3, 3-1)
3) Sulphur Springs (4-3, 3-1)
4) Hallsville (4-3, 2-2)
5) Marshall (4-3, 2-2)
6) Greenville (3-4, 1-3)
7) Pine Tree (1-6, 1-3)
8) Mount Pleasant (0-7, 0-4)

Friday's games:

Mount Pleasant @ Longview; Texas High @ Marshall; Greenville @ Hallsville; Sulphur Springs @ Pine Tree

Longview can clinch a playoff spot with win vs Mount Pleasant.

Mount Pleasant can be eliminated from playoff contention with a loss at Longview.

Greenville can be eliminated from playoff contention with a loss at Hallsville (would lose both tiebreakers).

Texas High can clinch a playoff spot with a win at Marshall (would win both every tiebreaker).

As most everyone said at the outset... And it has proven to be

1) Longview is on a different level than the rest of 15-5A... and is the only team in the district with a legit chance to make a deep playoff run

2) The next four teams are very evenly matched, But seem to stack in this order to me: 2)Texas High, 3)Marshall, 4)Sulphur Springs,5)Hallsville

3) The other three teams seem to be lining up as 6) Greenville, 7) Pine Tree 8) Mt Pleasant

The Texas High vs Marshall game is the game of the week....

Hallsville better beware of Greenville and PT too... both have the potential to knock them off...

Guessing going off personal opinion, as Hallsville was much more impressed against his Tigers than Sulphur Springs was.

I'm pretty impressed that Hallsville made an comeback in the game.

You must be going by final score alone... SS was up on T-High 23-7 at Half and without a suspect early whistle on a strip sack fumble recovery for SS it would have been 30-7 at half (a DL had scooped the ball and was on his way to the endzone with no one in sight of catching him) Got to give major credit to Texas High, they didn't quit, they kept playing and came back to win the game, but don't just compare scores... When is the last time Hallsville beat SS?? History and Tradition help on friday nights.

Guess as the westerner I should ask...does Bobcat Stadium have the same kind of *ahem* "interactive seating companion experience" as their neighbors to the west in Loboville? (Not trying to start anything, have never been and legit don't know.)

Negative. It's all visitors on the visiting side of Bobcat.

Guess as the westerner I should ask...does Bobcat Stadium have the same kind of *ahem* "interactive seating companion experience" as their neighbors to the west in Loboville? (Not trying to start anything, have never been and legit don't know.)

Negative.

Hallsville rarely more than half fills their home side. I've seen them play at home Vs. Marshall, Henderson, and Kilgore.... and they have never even come close to filling the home side much less having people on the visitor's side.

The only places that have mixed visitor's side are Longview, Marshall, and Texas High...... all original 12-5A schools..... go figure.

You won't have any trouble in Hallsville..... It's one of the best places in ET to be a visitor. Nice folks there.

The only places that have mixed visitor's side are Longview, Marshall, and Texas High...... all original 12-5A schools..... go figure.

You forgot the worst one of them all....the only one that doesn't have at least some fencing for separation.

Cool. Thanks guys. I actually didn't have that bad a time at Lobo. (Other than the score.) Just...different, I suppose. Pretty sure they took pity on us. I have definitely been to Grim Park before...saw Coach Sedberry pick up his 100th career victory there. Think the worst time I've had in ET before was navigating the brawl in the parking lot in Daingerfield in 96 after we tied them.

You forgot the worst one of them all....the only one that doesn't have at least some fencing for separation.

LMAO.......I have plenty of memories of that place too......but....I left them out since they aren't in 15-5A

Negative.

Hallsville rarely more than half fills their home side. I've seen them play at home Vs. Marshall, Henderson, and Kilgore.... and they have never even come close to filling the home side much less having people on the visitor's side.

Hallsville's fans are different. We struggle to fill up home games but we travel very well in my opinion. Surprisingly enough the entire reserved center section (seat back chairs) on the home side completely sold out this year but struggle to get 75% of the capacity filled in those seats for games.

The game this week is Homecoming so hopefully there will be a bigger crowd. Overall it is a nice experience at Bobcat Stadium; plenty of parking and great facilities.

Greenville folks the visitor's side is on the East side of the stadium.

If you are coming in on HWY 80 I recommend that you go through town and hang a right (headed South) on Cypress Street (Post Office on the corner) and follow it through a dog-leg intersection to the stadium. This will allow you to miss the congestion of getting to the stadium on the popular HWY 450.

If you come down I-20 you might want to take the access road on the North side of I-20 and follow East (you will pass the youth baseball complex) as it will loop around and heads North (becoming Waldron Ferry Rd.) to the stadium. Again to miss the 450 traffic.

It all depends on how early you get there too. But leaving I would definitely try one of these routes.

Safe travels and Go Bobcats.