The Smoakhouse Forums

District 15-5A - 2014 Football Discussion Thread

Considering how poorly Texas High, Hallsville, Marshall, and SS have played at times...... it's not out of the realm of possibility that any of them couldn't beat the other.

PT had the Tigers on the rope in the 4th quarter...... that's mind boggling.

Texas High isn't unbeatable like Longview seems to be.

I still don't know how we lost to Hallsville. Esp when you look at the stats from that game..... but we made the costly mistake (turnover) and they did not.

Should be a fun final stretch.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll find out out tomorrow night if Whitehouse can travel to Corsicana to begin their playoff clinching winning streak.

Should they lose...they can break out the basketballs.

While they won't be mathematically eliminated they would have to hope Nacogdoches loses three times for them to have ANY chance to finish tied for fourth with the Dragons.

That's simply not happening either.

If they lose at Corsicana their season will end in three weeks.

R.J.

Like I said, until it's clinched, anything can happen.

And not one turnover when we played.

The one we had cost is the game. Ugh.

Wow. Game of inches is NO lie

Mavs have got to find a way to win at home against either Texas High or SS..... otherwise basketball season will be coming early this season.

Or we hope for Hallsville to help us out with an upset loss to Greenville or such.

What is surprising about?

Guessing going off personal opinion, as Hallsville was much more impressed against his Tigers than Sulphur Springs was.

I'm pretty impressed that Hallsville made an comeback in the game.

1) Longview (5-2, 4-0)
2) Texas High (4-3, 3-1)
3) Sulphur Springs (4-3, 3-1)
4) Hallsville (4-3, 2-2)
5) Marshall (4-3, 2-2)
6) Greenville (3-4, 1-3)
7) Pine Tree (1-6, 1-3)
8) Mount Pleasant (0-7, 0-4)

Friday's games:

Mount Pleasant @ Longview; Texas High @ Marshall; Greenville @ Hallsville; Sulphur Springs @ Pine Tree

Longview can clinch a playoff spot with win vs Mount Pleasant.

Mount Pleasant can be eliminated from playoff contention with a loss at Longview.

Greenville can be eliminated from playoff contention with a loss at Hallsville (would lose both tiebreakers).

Texas High can clinch a playoff spot with a win at Marshall (would win both every tiebreaker).

As most everyone said at the outset... And it has proven to be

1) Longview is on a different level than the rest of 15-5A... and is the only team in the district with a legit chance to make a deep playoff run

2) The next four teams are very evenly matched, But seem to stack in this order to me: 2)Texas High, 3)Marshall, 4)Sulphur Springs,5)Hallsville

3) The other three teams seem to be lining up as 6) Greenville, 7) Pine Tree 8) Mt Pleasant

The Texas High vs Marshall game is the game of the week....

Hallsville better beware of Greenville and PT too... both have the potential to knock them off...

Guessing going off personal opinion, as Hallsville was much more impressed against his Tigers than Sulphur Springs was.

I'm pretty impressed that Hallsville made an comeback in the game.

You must be going by final score alone... SS was up on T-High 23-7 at Half and without a suspect early whistle on a strip sack fumble recovery for SS it would have been 30-7 at half (a DL had scooped the ball and was on his way to the endzone with no one in sight of catching him) Got to give major credit to Texas High, they didn't quit, they kept playing and came back to win the game, but don't just compare scores... When is the last time Hallsville beat SS?? History and Tradition help on friday nights.

Guess as the westerner I should ask...does Bobcat Stadium have the same kind of *ahem* "interactive seating companion experience" as their neighbors to the west in Loboville? (Not trying to start anything, have never been and legit don't know.)

Guess as the westerner I should ask...does Bobcat Stadium have the same kind of *ahem* "interactive seating companion experience" as their neighbors to the west in Loboville? (Not trying to start anything, have never been and legit don't know.)

Negative. It's all visitors on the visiting side of Bobcat.

Negative.

Hallsville rarely more than half fills their home side. I've seen them play at home Vs. Marshall, Henderson, and Kilgore.... and they have never even come close to filling the home side much less having people on the visitor's side.

The only places that have mixed visitor's side are Longview, Marshall, and Texas High...... all original 12-5A schools..... go figure.

You won't have any trouble in Hallsville..... It's one of the best places in ET to be a visitor. Nice folks there.

The only places that have mixed visitor's side are Longview, Marshall, and Texas High...... all original 12-5A schools..... go figure.

You forgot the worst one of them all....the only one that doesn't have at least some fencing for separation.

Cool. Thanks guys. I actually didn't have that bad a time at Lobo. (Other than the score.) Just...different, I suppose. Pretty sure they took pity on us. I have definitely been to Grim Park before...saw Coach Sedberry pick up his 100th career victory there. Think the worst time I've had in ET before was navigating the brawl in the parking lot in Daingerfield in 96 after we tied them.

You forgot the worst one of them all....the only one that doesn't have at least some fencing for separation.

LMAO.......I have plenty of memories of that place too......but....I left them out since they aren't in 15-5A

LMAO.......I have plenty of memories of that place too......but....I left them out since they aren't in 15-5A

Hmm....y'all must be talking about some 4A stadium or maybe one in Louisiana? I'm glad Ole Abe doesn't have those problems..lol