2014 Texas High Tigers

thstiger1997

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure what our friends across town have brewing this year but if the defense is anything like last year then they will manage.

Being in a district with Longview will make it awfully tough to bring home a district title, but wish the best to our friends over there.

The view from the MuthaShip is as follows: The qb position will be inexperienced this year but will be a significant upgrade from last years team. The battle appears to be between a sophomore and a big left handed junior with a big arm. BTW, their arms are better than last years qbs. BN should have started a sophomore last year instead of this year. Looks like further proof that he burned a season just so you know who could start when he was not the best option for the team. The wide receivers don't appear to have much size but will be speedy and talented if they can get separation and the ball gets there to them. The offensive line should have been better with at least three returning starters but that may not be the case. Two were sophomores that took their lumps last year but should be better this year. There may have been another sophomore that played varsity last year but the cosmic particles have corrupted my memory banks slightly. We may have lost a returning starter at left tackle who allegedly transferred out of state, The running back situation is iffy. We have one player returning there with experience, big and fast, but he has a history of fumbling the ball frequently. There is supposed to be a player that transferred in from Longview that is supposed to be pretty fast. If that is true you cannot be sure how much BN will use him. There are some good backs coming up from the JV and 9th grade but BN has a history of not using some underclassmen. I did see a big tight end in the mold of Daniel Glover size wise but maybe not as fast. We should have some depth there as a sophomore did get a lot of playing time last season. I cannot say much about how the defense will shape up but we did lose a lot on that side of the ball. We should have some speed there but not too much size. There are some hitters coming up to the varsity or at least there should be some coming up from what I saw last season. With all that being said, there will be a lot of talent walking on the sidelines. I hope that BN is wise enough to give them an opportunity to play, Over and out, Beam Me Up Scotty!

Norton was on radio this morning looks like big lefty Williams might have the edge Bob is calling him Steve young.lol jumbo tron is getting finished. Fox sports southwest picked the 100th game against ark high as game of the week. So that's good these young men get some TV exposer. Might make a longer game with TV time outs.

Norton was on radio this morning looks like big lefty Williams might have the edge Bob is calling him Steve young.lol jumbo tron is getting finished. Fox sports southwest picked the 100th game against ark high as game of the week. So that's good these young men get some TV exposer. Might make a longer game with TV time outs.

Don't think there's any tv time sours for the DQ game of the week.

Talked to 2 players yesterday that said the sophomore Cade Pearson is starter as of now with senior Alex Kugler 2nd and Junior Kip Williams 3rd.

May not mean anything since it's coming from players but I still found it interesting. Lol

well at least there is some info starting to come out. I myself would rather have a soph or Jr win the job bout tired of this one year play at qb.

You never know how BN is thinking these days. I get the feeling that despite some talent it may be a long season for the Tigers. There are players in the school that won't play for him and it looks like he could lose one of those qbs. It has happened before and I guarantee you that there is one set of parents that is watching this situation very closely.

If BN is so intent on having an all out quarterback battle involving a sophomore this year then he should have done it last season. This years lefty junior as a sophomore was better than his son and BN could have also had Mount Pleasant's all starter James the year his son was a junior. He wanted James to play wide receiver but had NO quarterback even remotely as good as James that could have gotten him the ball even if he agreed to play wide receiver. If you are going to have competition on the team then have it year in and year out. These students have only a few precious years to possibly live out a dream that promises them nothing. But a coach usually has more time than that student and he draws a paycheck. Coaches should "walk the talk" year in and year out when it comes to molding young men. The standards should be the same for everyone every year.

You never know how BN is thinking these days. I get the feeling that despite some talent it may be a long season for the Tigers. There are players in the school that won't play for him and it looks like he could lose one of those qbs. It has happened before and I guarantee you that there is one set of parents that is watching this situation very closely.

Does this stem from BN playing his son at QB?

If BN is so intent on having an all out quarterback battle involving a sophomore this year then he should have done it last season. This years lefty junior as a sophomore was better than his son and BN could have also had Mount Pleasant's all starter James the year his son was a junior. He wanted James to play wide receiver but had NO quarterback even remotely as good as James that could have gotten him the ball even if he agreed to play wide receiver. If you are going to have competition on the team then have it year in and year out. These students have only a few precious years to possibly live out a dream that promises them nothing. But a coach usually has more time than that student and he draws a paycheck. Coaches should "walk the talk" year in and year out when it comes to molding young men. The standards should be the same for everyone every year.

+1

BN playing his son? Stop rewriting history. Coach did not start his son last season. His son did not finish his Jr. year as the starter. If you want to talk about the team then fine but get the facts straight. Pull out a stat sheet for the last two years and you will see his son didn't get special playing time. Looking forward to the new season and some high school football.

BN playing his son? Stop rewriting history. Coach did not start his son last season. His son did not finish his Jr. year as the starter. If you want to talk about the team then fine but get the facts straight. Pull out a stat sheet for the last two years and you will see his son didn't get special playing time. Looking forward to the new season and some high school football.

Yea but my problem is about all of the other talented kids who played QB only to be moved to Wr. When making the Varsity