2014 Texas High Tigers

thstiger1997

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The PG coach pulled out of it. The answer as to why would open up a totally new can of large worms. I will pass on opening that one. It was nice to have the game if for no other reason than to raise money for charity. Wish we could get all 4 schools to do a round robin scrimmage on a Saturday.......Just keeping teams that actually play each other from not scrimmaging but the others would rotate thru. You might be able to raise a few dollars.

i hope so im interested to see marshall. they could be a huge sleeper

Marshall will not be very good. Longview will win it and the Tigers will be second. The rest will be shuffled up in some form or fashion. No matter because the top 2 will be a lot better than the others.

Marshall will not be very good. Longview will win it and the Tigers will be second. The rest will be shuffled up in some form or fashion. No matter because the top 2 will be a lot better than the others.

I'd beg to differ bro Marshall has progressed these last couple of years and seem to be headed in the right direction they will challenge for the second/third spot in this district

I think this idea could bite you.

I've been watching us a long......long time.

Best spring and fall drills we've had in a decade.

And we gave Tyler Lee all they wanted Friday (tied 26-26).

They may not be much in 6A..... but they would be an 800lbs gorilla in 15-5A. IJS.

Found this on SS

Wildcats work on lessons learned at L-E

The Sulphur Springs football players and coaches got their eyes opened Friday after scrimmaging Liberty-Eylau.

While the Wildcats did account for themselves pretty well in the event held in Texarkana, they also saw some glaring areas that need work.

Sulphur Springs offensive coordinator Matt Young commented on the scrimmage, Offensively, we were disappointed in our ability to put the ball in the end zone. We had some turnovers and some penalties that will be addressed next week.

Young added, On a positive note, Austin Davis, Isaac Perez and Spencer Bramlett played well at offensive tackle. The receiver corps did a good job of catching the football with Christian Jackson making a nice catch for a touchdown.

Overall, we are by no means where we need to be but fortunately we get to go back to work this week. We had lots of positive with execution, assignment and tempo and look to build on those next week.

 The Wildcats outscored Liberty-Eylau 1-0 in the controlled scrimmage. In the time half, the Leopards took a 13-10 decision. Sulphur Springs had scoring chances which were missed and several key penalties.

Overall we did a good job of running to the ball. We have to keep getting better each day and week. There are several things that we need to get better at to be a great defensive unit and that's the ultimate goal, said Triston Abron, Sulphur Springs defensive coordinator.

The Wildcats get back to work today with the afternoon practice to begin at 5 p.m. today according to Sulphur Springs head football coach Greg Owens.

We have to get in better shape, Owens said. Its like I told the boys Friday in Texarkana. If you are tired now in the first quarter, think about how it is going to be when the real games start under the lights and the adrenaline is flowing.

The Wildcats host Royse City for scrimmage action Friday at Gerald Prim Stadium. The JV and ninth grade will begin at 5 p.m. The varsity scrimmage will start at 6:30 p.m. Teams will have 32 plays in the controlled scrimmage, then play three timed quarters.

I think this idea could bite you.

I've been watching us a long......long time.

Best spring and fall drills we've had in a decade.

And we gave Tyler Lee all they wanted Friday (tied 26-26).

They may not be much in 6A..... but they would be an 800lbs gorilla in 15-5A. IJS.

They nearly lost to Texas High last year didn't they?