John Tyler @ Mount Pleasant scrimmage

cujoforlife

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jt defense is stout. I think Jt had 7 scores but could be wrong. Controlled part was 3-0 live half was 4-0. Think Mp had 2 or 3 first downs. Now the jv was a totally different story...i think it was 2-2 and the freshman was 4-3 Jt if I didnt miss any scores.

I was somewhat impressed on both sides of the ball. I knew we could score but I was impressed by the offensive line blocking. Geo had plenty of time to throw as he looked more comfortable after 1 year. I can't take this scrimmage too serious because with all due respect Mt Pleasant is probably going to have a down year imo so I don't want to blow up how well we did against a team that may not make the playoffs although I wish you guys the best of luck. On defense I was mostly impressed by the run stopping. JT interior lineman Pierre aka "Chicago" lived in the backfield of Mt Pleasant and had 2 fumble recoveries and had come thru the line so fast on one play he just took the ball out the qb's hand and marched in for a td but they blew the play dead due to keeping the qb from getting hit but he is an absolute nightmare at DT. Him and Braylon Jones will be beasts in the middle. Linebackers attacked well and the secondary didn't let many balls fly around them as we ended up with I believe 2 int's by the first team defense with one returned for a td. The passing game was explosive as we connected on screens mid and long range completions for huge gains. Receivers did well after the catch when gaining extra yards and our running backs ran extremely hard. With that being said I'm not blowing this up too much because our real test will be with Plano but they shouldn't take us lightly as we won't them. I hope Mt Pleasant improves as the season goes on. The defense won me over today because they showed the same aggressiveness and toughness as they did throughout 2 a days. They swarmed to the ball and rarely gave up any yards thru the air or on the ground. I have a good feeling about this team but we'll take it one game at a time.

wow! what a thumping. what was mp's deal?

Kind of what should have been expected IMHO.

JT is laoded with returning players. MP is rebuilding from a senior-laden team last season.

JT has coaching stability and the same scheme. MP has new coaches and new schemes.

JT is ranked.....MP isn't.

That's about what I'd expect.

Kind of what should have been expected IMHO.

JT is laoded with returning players. MP is rebuilding from a senior-laden team last season.

JT has coaching stability and the same scheme. MP has new coaches and new schemes.

JT is ranked.....MP isn't.

That's about what I'd expect.

TThat's why I wanted JT to play a bit team that would show them their weak points.

Scrimmages are just that-scrimmages. Every coach treats them differently, so who knows how this will turn out.

No doubt IMO you have two teams at two very different places. JT returns lots of starters on both sides of the ball and is looking for a deep run. Mount Pleasant has an entirely new staff and not a lot to work with IMO, great kids and hard working kids, but football talent pool is low this year. Love the new attitude/excitement, but I think one might be unrealistic if they are truly expecting big things from Mount Pleasant this year. HOPE I am wrong. Watched them knock heads with each other Friday night and they looked to be very thin. Based on what I was told, the first team O and first team D had several kids going both ways and that is dangerous at this level, but just not a lot to pick from. I think Mount Pleasant is three years away but who knows if the current staff will be given three years. Never know with politics and high school athletics.

Good luck to both teams and safe travels for those coming over from Tyler. Hope both teams walk away injury free!

Surely they would be given time. The last staff was given time to produce nothing! One playoff appearance and no playoff wins. Cleaning of the house was needed. They will struggle this year but be taught and trained the right way and good things will occur in the next several years.