Pittsburg @ Chapel Hill

Stankylegg

Pittsburg is still trying to get a few kids in right positions. OL and RB's are strongest parts of the team. IMHO, Pittsburg biggest problem when the games begin for real is playing all four quarters and not taking one off. It seems to me that they are coming together as a team and not a team of indivuals. CH will test Pittsburg big time. Probably more than Pittsburg testing CH. I still think it will take two or three games to get where they could be.

Pittsburg is still trying to get a few kids in right positions. OL and RB's are strongest parts of the team. IMHO, Pittsburg biggest problem when the games begin for real is playing all four quarters and not taking one off. It seems to me that they are coming together as a team and not a team of indivuals. CH will test Pittsburg big time. Probably more than Pittsburg testing CH. I still think it will take two or three games to get where they could be.

CH has some fresh faces that looked good last week. There were several mistakes that athleticism made up for, but teams like Carthage & Kilgore will make you pay for those mistakes. Penalties have got to get under control. I lost count of the number of flags thrown against CH. 11 touchdowns was fun to watch.

+1

Who is chapel hills Qb?

Young man by the name of Konner Hitchcock. He plays very similar to Andrew Black in that he has the ability keep the play going. Last year on JV

his arm was really good. Accurate with pretty good velocity. The only 2 things that may hurt him is lack of varsity experience and his height. He's about 3 inches shorter than A. B.

I don't miss a game but I have a lot going on at work. Depends what time I can get away Friday.

Okay well I won't be able to make it, I get off at 7:00

I don't miss a game but I have a lot going on at work. Depends what time I can get away Friday.

Okay well I won't be able to make it, I get off at 7:00

Young man by the name of Konner Hitchcock. He plays very similar to Andrew Black in that he has the ability keep the play going. Last year on JV

his arm was really good. Accurate with pretty good velocity. The only 2 things that may hurt him is lack of varsity experience and his height. He's about 3 inches shorter than A. B.

I thought he handled hiimself pretty well in the scrimmage, considering it was his first outing against an oposing varsity squad. 1 thing I noticed was that after he came off the field efter each series, he would imediately go talk to the recievers/linemen what looked to be about what was happening on the field. I don't know him, but his body language gives the impression of a kid that stays positive, works hard, and enjoys being with his teammates.

Another thing I noticed was the entire team being so interactive with one another. Every big play that happened, the entire team, not just the individual(s) involved in the big play would get excited together. This team has the chance to be very special for a couple of years.

Chapel Hill handled Pitt. easy , they scored on them when they wanted. It made me wonder if Pitt tied with Carthage last week, Carthage must be a little down from last year. Correction on total T's CH- 9 Pitt-3

You have to be talking about the controlled part of the scrimmage and not the two live quarters. IMHO, the two live quarters are more telling. Pittsburg on the most part could run the ball at will. No huge gainers but several 10-15 yard runs. CH scored on long passes in the controlled part and on Pittsburg's miscues in the two live quarters. Don't under estimate Carthage. They will be good. CH has a little more speed but Carthage will not make the mistakes in the secondary that Pittsburg made last night. We just might get lucky and get to play either CH or Carthage in the playoffs. Good luck to y'all next week.

You have to be talking about the controlled part of the scrimmage and not the two live quarters. IMHO, the two live quarters are more telling. Pittsburg on the most part could run the ball at will. No huge gainers but several 10-15 yard runs. CH scored on long passes in the controlled part and on Pittsburg's miscues in the two live quarters. Don't under estimate Carthage. They will be good. CH has a little more speed but Carthage will not make the mistakes in the secondary that Pittsburg made last night. We just might get lucky and get to play either CH or Carthage in the playoffs. Good luck to y'all next week.

+1

Chapel Hill looked very good last night against a much better team than the previous week. Lots of speed and weapons. My biggest concern for Chapel Hill is deffending the short passing game.

Roger that. Another plus this year seems that our receivers will catch most everything that is catchable....and they are fast.... and they get open. Partially due to the fact that KH is able to move around when needed and give them that little extra time to stretch it out.

Roger that. Another plus this year seems that our receivers will catch most everything that is catchable....and they are fast.... and they get open. Partially due to the fact that KH is able to move around when needed and give them that little extra time to stretch it out.

One last thought...CH QB did keep the play alive , he has very good quickness and better than average arm. He reminds of a QB that Gilmer had about fours years ago but not as big. He is a big plus for CH.