Hallsville VS. Carthage

itmoney100

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carthage - defending state champs but lost 9 starters on offense & several on defense, including both DTs, 3 of top 4 LBs & both safeties.

Hallsville - made the playoffs last year and will be playing at home. 8 returning starters from an offense that averaged more than 37 points a game. However, most of the starters graduated from the defense that gave up more than 33 points a game.

As Carthage often starts slowly in non-district and with their inexperience, it's tough to predict the winner of this one.

Should be interesting!

Carthage - defending state champs but lost 9 starters on offense & several on defense, including both DTs, 3 of top 4 LBs & both safeties.

Hallsville - made the playoffs last year and will be playing at home. 8 returning starters from an offense that averaged more than 37 points a game. However, most of the starters graduated from the defense that gave up more than 33 points a game.

As Carthage often starts slowly in non-district and with their inexperience, it's tough to predict the winner of this one.

Should be interesting!

Agree 100%. By no means automatic Carthage victory. Should be interesting to see where we are at.

Should be interesting!

+1

Should be interesting!

Carthage will be lucky to find the way...Game 1 is not a priority in Carthrage...later on...they are late sleepers

I am really curious about this game myself. Hallsville has a lot of starters back but the graduation of the QB is huge. He made the offense tick. Have the receivers to stretch the field and a good returning RB. Just wondering how the QB situation will work itself out. Defensively we should be OK on the perimeter.

It is a wait and see game for me.

If you think for a minute the coaching staff in Carthage will not be ready your fooling yourself. The new qb has a cannon for a arm and I promise with the athletes they have someone can catch and someone can run. Line is big and defense is fast. Dawgs with this staff are always playing in late December. 35-14 Dawgs to much speed.

If you think for a minute the coaching staff in Carthage will not be ready your fooling yourself. The new qb has a cannon for a arm and I promise with the athletes they have someone can catch and someone can run. Line is big and defense is fast. Dawgs with this staff are always playing in late December. 35-14 Dawgs to much speed.

I think Carthage fans agree with you, and the QB does have a cannon. This is going to be an exciting season, and no doubt the Dawgs will be playing at a high level by the time playoffs roll around. But if you look at everything we replaced, and the fact that we are notorious for dropping a couple of games early in the season, this game could be interesting. I personally think Carthage will win, but it's going to be far from a blowout IMO. This is going to be a fun year watching this team find their identity. Been tough the last couple of years with everybody expecting us to win every game. These boys will be given the benefit of the doubt. Now that doesn't mean the goal is not a state championship, because that is the goal every year with Surratt at the helm. We just have to wait and see how long it takes to round into championship form. I am expecting a year like 2011. The Dawgs dropped 3 games that season before the playoffs began. By the time a bunch of sophomores took Arglye to double over time they were no doubt one of the top 2 or 3 teams in the state.

Bobcat fans: Who were Hallsville's two pre-season scrimmages against and how did they look?

Bulldog fans: I read about Carthage's 1st scrimmage against Pittsburg but haven't read anything about the one against Whitehouse last week. How did it go?

Bobcat fans: Who were Hallsville's two pre-season scrimmages against and how did they look?

Bulldog fans: I read about Carthage's 1st scrimmage against Pittsburg but haven't read anything about the one against Whitehouse last week. How did it go?

Hallsville scrimmaged Lindale. Lindale has had two scrimmages; Hallsville only one. Lindale kept the first teamers in most of the scrimmage. Hallsville went several deep. Hallsville scored late to take the game. Hallsville looked Ok.

If a real Bulldog and Bobcat faced off there would be a heck of a mess. The 'ol bulldog's have the size and strength advantage and the bobcat would have the speed and sharp teeth thing going for it. I say home field maybe.

If a real Bulldog and Bobcat faced off there would be a heck of a mess. The 'ol bulldog's have the size and strength advantage and the bobcat would have the speed and sharp teeth thing going for it. I say home field maybe.

Does Hallsville still have a track and fence around the football field?

Doomer, would that look anything like my daughter's housecat wrasslin with my wife's shih tzu? Those two can have quiet the tussle!

Carthage might miss the good DB/Rb not playing for a few games, until the others get used to the action.

I'm not sure he will play at all. Not in any of the stuff in the paper and never mentioned by Surratt. I'm all for 2nd chances but if everything I have heard is true it would be far more than a 2nd chance. More like a 5th or 6th. We don't need to win ball games that bad. Really sad, kid was a great athlete.

Backer...........I see where my statement might have been confusing...................I meant that hopefully in a few games, the replacements will be just as good or better........But for awhile, probably not as good as the guy who is no longer playing.

Backer...........I see where my statement might have been confusing...................I meant that hopefully in a few games, the replacements will be just as good or better........But for awhile, probably not as good as the guy who is no long playing.

No sir I understood what you were saying. He will be missed, and prolly won't be a replacement as good this season. We are talking about a all state caliber player with ALOT of experience. He would have been the most experienced player by far this season. I was just making my own statement based on what you brought up. This is the first time anybody has mentioned it on any of the message boards. It's truly a shame.

Backer...........I see where my statement might have been confusing...................I meant that hopefully in a few games, the replacements will be just as good or better........But for awhile, probably not as good as the guy who is no long playing.

Ohh! Haha. I didn't even understand it until I read it again! You didn't say he would be back...duh I understand now. I didn't know if there was any plan of him coming back or not. I don't even know the situation with this most recent stuff. I'm not even sure of he is in school.