Whitehouse @ Texas High

AthenianDem83

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't hear it. And the local paper sure isn't gonna take the time to report anything. They are too busy doing their once a year big write up. Its a big deal, but it doesn't excuse absolutely NO coverage at all of the 4 teams in Texarkana until 1 day before 1st game. Its pretty silly if you ask me. Wouldn't surprise me if the article has been written for awhile now & when it comes out it won't even say who the QB is.

They are excellent on their big preview issue and are very good on game summaries after the games. Anything else is rare...other than their pick'em contest between their writers which is a complete joke. There hasn't been any article written on any of the 4 city teams other than the reporting day piece which was all schools thrown together & said absolutely nothing. I know more about Greenville, Longview, and Marshall than I do about any team in the city where I live

I didn't hear it. And the local paper sure isn't gonna take the time to report anything. They are too busy doing their once a year big write up. Its a big deal, but it doesn't excuse absolutely NO coverage at all of the 4 teams in Texarkana until 1 day before 1st game. Its pretty silly if you ask me. Wouldn't surprise me if the article has been written for awhile now & when it comes out it won't even say who the QB is.

They are excellent on their big preview issue and are very good on game summaries after the games. Anything else is rare...other than their pick'em contest between their writers which is a complete joke. There hasn't been any article written on any of the 4 city teams other than the reporting day piece which was all schools thrown together & said absolutely nothing. I know more about Greenville, Longview, and Marshall than I do about any team in the city where I live

+1. I missed the 1400 radio interview last year it was at 230 so at 230 turned it on to find out its at 10 this year. Got a good feeling its going to be kip Williams Jr left hander.

When was the T-High fan base so ignorant of their team. Not just the paper, but the local radio media seem in the dark also. Friday night will be a "Forest Gump" moment - like a box of chocolates, don't know want you are going to get. Keep seeing we are picked second in district, but have no reason to argue for or against.

Friday should be a good test for both teams.

When was the T-High fan base so ignorant of their team. Not just the paper, but the local radio media seem in the dark also. Friday night will be a "Forest Gump" moment - like a box of chocolates, don't know want you are going to get.

maybe the HC wants/likes it that way...is kinda hard to find out anything about your team when you have no scrimmages...that could bite TexHigh in game one

This game intrigues me.

Both are rebuilding. Both have been successful of late.

Don't really expect a blowout either way.

If I wasn't going to be in Marshall Friday..... this would be my #2 choice (behind Longview/Lufkin).

It is the easiest method. District runs 6-8 buses from the student parking lot. They provide service during the game. THS fans are generally friendly to visitors.

Other option is a visitor lot on south side of stadium. Unless Whitehouse brings a large crowd, you should be okay.

Please note on Friday night that is not an artificial turf. It has fooled many a visitor.