Whitehouse @ Texas High

AthenianDem83

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought we were outplayed but still would have won without a dead ball personal foul when we had a chance to run out the clock. Went from 2nd and 5 to 1st and 25. That in essence was the ball game.

Whitehouse players obviously in much better shape. Nothing but cramping on Texas High's team. Both teams continuously shot themselves in the foot with turnovers. Was really impressed by the Whitehouse receivers. They don't drop many balls

i'll agree with you fanatic. not that they really stopped us in the first half and we didn't stop them. in the 2nd half self inflicted wounds killed both teams. the penalty when the game was on the line was the death blow. a couple more first downs and its over. i think for our first game of any kind we had a lot of positives, especially the young qb. should be fine there. the cramping is a concern even if the whitehouse faithful thought we were faking and booed our guys. lots of things for both teams to work on. good luck to wh

I can see the potential in the Soph qb. He looked good for his first game. His receivers were not wide open like the WH receivers often were. I thought we saw the same fumbling problem that was seen last year.

Some of the cramping late may have been the old schmooze, but it was happening early even when we had the ball. That was very disappointing.

Good luck to WH the rest of the way

Any tiger fans no what happen to coach Jeff Harrell he sure was a big part of the defense.

Coach Harrell has retired from coaching and will just teach. I sure with both of his kiddos being in high school now that played a huge part in the decision to retire.

The Tigers tackled as poorly as any team that I have ever seen last night. They did not wrap up the ball carrier or put a hat on him either. They just wanted to try to knock the ball carrier down and did not knock the ball carrier down once. I was disappointed with the lack of discipline with the Tiger players that gave WH multiple opportunities to win the game. What was the Tiger braintrust thinking late in the fourth quarter on the third and long play when the quarterback took the sack. BN continues to play not to lose or challenge his team to play up to the situation. Tiger fans should take no solace in Longview losing last night as far as the district race is concerned. It is going to be tough for the Tigers this season.

Problems:

1. Tackling - I don't know about why the Tigers cant tackle or what the reasons are for the poor defense and I don't care. This was the worst defensive game I've seen in a while from the Tigers. Couldn't wrap up and were dropped left and right. Horrible. Won't be stepping into 2nd place like this.

2. Condition - We were done after the first half. Seemed like kids were tired and exhausted. Might have contributed to poor play.

3. Lining up - Seems like the things we are accustomed to such as discipline and getting in and out of the game where totally off.

Must improve or this will be a long season.

Whitehouse has a history of making defenses look bad but this year's edition is not as good as teams in the recent past. Even with all of the negatives that the Tigers had Whitehouse should have lost that game. You have to give them credit though for doing what they had to do to win the game with the game on the line. I was impressed with the two safeties.