49ers @ Cowboys

San Francisco @ Dallas  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this one

• San Francisco 49ers (0 - 0 )
    • Dallas Cowboys (0 - 0)

Why are we cash strapped ? Jerry loves to reward players that have one great year or have been good statistically good for one or two years. As a GM and one that writes the checks, he is the one to blame. Romo is part of the problem with his huge contract, because the Cowboys can't bring in any defensive talent. Everyone knew there was a defensive problem last year, and you can say that Tony has earned his contract, but he hasn't.

We all know it cost money to be an NFL team. Tony's salary is in line with the other top qb's as it should be. Yes I can say Tony has earned his contract. The money is paid for your performance and potential. Your qb is the most important piece of the team and should be paid accordingly. But it takes the team playing well in other areas to win also. Yes Jerry has made some bad investments like Marion Barber and others that did not do as well after the big contract. You see that too frequently even with other teams. Dallas just got burned too many times and it hurt them in the long run.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

Yep. things are definitely getting better !! You've been saying it for years. I don't even know what to say. Did you...or did you not...2 years ago state that they were on the edge of being elite ?? Now justify how you have been saying that for years & tell us to scoff because things are improving. You either don't mean it now, or you didn't mean it then. You CAN'T have it both ways

You have been around for these last few years and you can see why they haven't won. It's not rocket science.

You are 100% correct. It is not rocket science. Everybody can see why they haven't won. It's not injuries, it's not bad luck, it's not "unpredictables". It is absolutely a disaster of management from the football sense (certainly not the money side). But there is no improvement and that's not rocket science either. You have an improvement on the offensive line and that is it. Tony's and Jason's best days are behind them with their age. I suspect that the the only 2 players currently able to play right now that could start on an upper tier team would be Dez at WR and Bailey at PK. The defense is a total disaster.....and will take 3-4 years to retool and that is with shrewd drafting & free-agent signings...neither which the Cowboys have shown any indication of being able to do.

You are 100% correct. It is not rocket science. Everybody can see why they haven't won. It's not injuries, it's not bad luck, it's not "unpredictables". It is absolutely a disaster of management from the football sense (certainly not the money side). But there is no improvement and that's not rocket science either. You have an improvement on the offensive line and that is it. Tony's and Jason's best days are behind them with their age. I suspect that the the only 2 players currently able to play right now that could start on an upper tier team would be Dez at WR and Bailey at PK. The defense is a total disaster.....and will take 3-4 years to retool and that is with shrewd drafting & free-agent signings...neither which the Cowboys have shown any indication of being able to do.

Looks like you have it all figured out. Having a blind eye to the problems they have had does not make it the truth. The facts are there for those problems.

All y'all talk about is what went wrong. Well the Cowboys kept playing and only lost by 11 after getting intercepted 4 times early. I say the 'Boys gets the turnover thing straightened out and wins about 12-13 games in a row. true storie

Don't know who is the most over paid .... Romo or Eli .... at least Eli has won a couple of heavy rings :P

They'll keep Eli, but he'll have to take a pay cut if the Giants don't make the playoffs this year. I don't see the Giants keeping him at $20.4 million next year and $19.75 million in 2016. Neither however are performing at the rate of pay they're receiving.

All y'all talk about is what went wrong. Well the Cowboys kept playing and only lost by 11 after getting intercepted 4 times early. I say the 'Boys gets the turnover thing straightened out and wins about 12-13 games in a row. true storie

If the Cowboys take the lead do you honestly think the defense is going to be able to stop anyone, even Ryan Fitzpatrick ? As they've been saying down in H*Town, he'll be licking his chops to get at the Cowboys defense, because he'll have a career day against them. You didn't see that with the 49ers, because they didn't have to turn it on. They coasted to an easy victory, because the game was won by halftime.

My apologies for not noticing you only had 6 posts. Welcome to Smoaky.com! Understand that even with 6 posts showing on your avatar there is no way of knowing if you have been reading these threads for years or under another name. It is easy to change screennames.

I don't think anyone is overlooking problems. We all see different problems on different levels. The complaints have been numerous and each year measures are taken to improve in one way or another. Being cash-strapped has slowed some of the progress as well. Sure some players did not pan out and some were injured. Some poor coaching decisions and player decisions. It is always one thing after another. There is not a cure all that can happen overnight. You can only address so much in the off season. Just because I disagree with our GM/Owner situation with some of you does not make it complete truth. It is however my opinion and I will constantly speak it just like you guys. That's part of the fun of these forums. I am an easy target just like Jerry, so hammer away.

Oh yeah one more thing. It's not Tony Romo's fault......

you are right it's not Romo's fault. the coaches should have learned by now not to put him in a passing situations at critical times

Exactly. I'd rather have 22 bangers than 2 or 3 "stars". The triplets got their fame because they were on a winning team. Aikman and Irvin weren't the best in the league. E Smith is considered one of the greats because of the grunts in front of him. The Boys haven't been a "team" in a long time. That starts at the top, continues through the coach, and goes down to the last player on the practice squad. This team has no identity. I believe Jerry wants to win as badly as anybody. Unfortunately he is just AWFUL as a GM and he is so worried about making the $ it blinds him to his own liability. He has more money than he needs & the most profitable NFL franchise in the world. Can you imagine what it would be if he would turn it over to a football man & got a winning team? It would be $ on a scale never seen before. Cowboys fans would literally come out of the woodwork. But instead they hide & sell their tickets.

But his ego is more important....whether he admits it or not.

And yes Space, this has all been hashed before. Just like the Romo pro or con argument. This is all we can do, unless you are willing to sit back & accept mediocrity. Which is exactly what has happened. I can't buy the team. All I can do is express frustration at the depths that my life long favorite team has sunk to...there is NO end in sight.

Aikman, Irvin and Smith may not have been the best at their position but they were leaders by example and held everyone else accountable. they had heart and gave you all they had each week whether that meant playing hurt or not. i'd much rather have players like that than superstars who are only interested in fame and drawing a paycheck