Lindale @ Carthage

LindalePride2002

I swore I wasn't gonna do it this year buttttt.... Gametyme you are without a doubt the stupidest person I have ever heard on this site... I live in Joaquin and work in Carthage and living in Joaquin I've said and seen my share of stupid things but you are by far the biggest idiot alive.

Small minded people in a small minded town with a small minded way of thinking. Smh.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanna pull for some old friends in Lindale, and for Coach Meador. I have seen them play over their heads in a lot of games over the years. Maybe they can be respectable this year. Understand they have a good running back. Carthage is hard to go against however. Too close to call either way. Should Lindale win though, Van should really watch out.

Small minded people in a small minded town with a small minded way of thinking. Smh.

and yet most of them make more in a year's time than yall in 4 years....just saying....most of us live in a small town and own lots of land for a reason and it's not we couldnt get out and make a living....it's cause we could mold a community and have that long time trusted brother that notices if a knuckle head comes around....stop assuming...

Based on last week's results, Lindale should probably be favored Friday night. However, there are some other factors to consider.

- Carthage has historically played very well in Bulldog Stadium, the site of Friday night's contest.

- Under Coach Surratt and staff, the Bulldogs' improvement over the course of each season - even in comparison to other teams' improvement - has been very impressive.

- Jacksonville, which was a winless team last year, had great success running on the Bulldogs in last season's opener. Fifteen games later, the tremendous rushing attack of Kilgore met

stiff resistance from that same defense in the state championship game.

- Carthage probably won't have a fumble returned 100 yards for a TD, resulting in a 14-point swing, again this week.

- Carthage probably won't give up a long TD pass with less than a minute remaining in the 1st half this week.

- The Bulldogs' QB has a strong enough arm to potentially give any of their opponents lots of problems. He had over 200 yards passing in the 1st half last week.

- The strong-armed QB should have time to throw. The pass protection provided by the Bulldogs' O-line last week was probably the strongest facet of their game.

- And did I already mention that lots of teams have had trouble when they ventured into Bulldog Stadium?

Carthage by 14+. CH was awful. Def not the same team that scrimmaged Pitt the week who has a heck of a offensive line and running back. And I know you cant gauge from scrimmages but it was night and day difference. Not that impressed with Lindale and def wasn't that impressed with CH's play.

Yes the Hallsville staff coached circles around King Surratt and company. The score board suggest im right or Nah ?

And you see why those fantasy match ups were a joke. Carthage vs Longview or any other of the big 3 would be a joke.

When Outlaw passed, did Lufkin hire within?

You guys paraded around how great he was and how he could have won a championship with Longview. When in reality King had it a lot harder in 5A and played bigger schools on a regular basis. Only thing im seeing from Surratt playing larger schools is getting his teeth kicked by Hallsville and loosing to Nac twice on 2 of his title teams. Surratt is good for where he is at maybe he can get Carthage competetive this year.

King flat coached himself out of beating Denton Guyer. I was at the game and saw it first hand. I was also at the championship game when Longview got blown up by Lake Travis. All that talk about pounding the rock and the best thing Longview put on the field was their band at halftime. I'd love to go see Lufkin in the playoffs, but they're usually in the stands watching too after the first round.