Ark high @ Tex high. 100th meeting.

thstiger1997

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just came back from Walmart with that FOR SALE sign! Anyone care to recommend a good realtor? I did not see much, if any, improvement from the Whitehouse game. The only positive that I saw was that the Tigers were more physical on defense last night in their tackling. Other than that, the team regressed. YEEssssss! The Tigers were not prepared to play and the game plan stunk! The game plan to punish AHS with the running game was a complete error. Rule of Thumb for football dummies, pass when you should run and run when you should pass! It time for the Tiger brain trust to give some of the benchwarmers an opportunity to play while it is early in the season and before the district schedule starts. The first position that should change is the, guess what?, the quarterback. He is clearly overwhelmed and in a couple of years when he is a senior he might be ready then. Play the left handed junior against Kilgore and see what he can do in a game situation and don't base everything on PRACTICE! PRACTICE! COME ON MAN, PRACTICE! Last week when #20 the running back kept fumbling the ball despite the touchdown runs against Whitehouse BN pulled him out of the game and benched him for a while. Do the same thing to the quarterback. He is making a lot of unforced errors. You bleeding heart coaches reading this don't want to hurt his confidence? Guess what? He is not playing with much confidence right now and handing off the ball to some running back is not going to build it up either. DUH? He needs to sit a while just like Johnny Football. While we are talking about running backs lets try someone else other than #20. Its been the same with him for the last two years. There were some good running backs on the JV team last year and I dare say WHERE ARE THEY NOW? Are they scrubs now? Is it the dreaded THS (BN) junior curse? Did they transfer out or just decide not to play anymore. NEWSFLASH: Spotted in the Liberty Eylau end zone a former THS JV starter at DE. You have to give Arkansas High credit for the victory but THS played down to the competition. The THS team, players and coaches, were not ready last night. A good 4A team is coming to town soon and another loss puts THS in the Greenville/Pine Tree stratosphere.

Just came back from Walmart with that FOR SALE sign! Anyone care to recommend a good realtor? I did not see much, if any, improvement from the Whitehouse game. The only positive that I saw was that the Tigers were more physical on defense last night in their tackling. Other than that, the team regressed. YEEssssss! The Tigers were not prepared to play and the game plan stunk! The game plan to punish AHS with the running game was a complete error. Rule of Thumb for football dummies, pass when you should run and run when you should pass! It time for the Tiger brain trust to give some of the benchwarmers an opportunity to play while it is early in the season and before the district schedule starts. The first position that should change is the, guess what?, the quarterback. He is clearly overwhelmed and in a couple of years when he is a senior he might be ready then. Play the left handed junior against Kilgore and see what he can do in a game situation and don't base everything on PRACTICE! PRACTICE! COME ON MAN, PRACTICE! Last week when #20 the running back kept fumbling the ball despite the touchdown runs against Whitehouse BN pulled him out of the game and benched him for a while. Do the same thing to the quarterback. He is making a lot of unforced errors. You bleeding heart coaches reading this don't want to hurt his confidence? Guess what? He is not playing with much confidence right now and handing off the ball to some running back is not going to build it up either. DUH? He needs to sit a while just like Johnny Football. While we are talking about running backs lets try someone else other than #20. Its been the same with him for the last two years. There were some good running backs on the JV team last year and I dare say WHERE ARE THEY NOW? Are they scrubs now? Is it the dreaded THS (BN) junior curse? Did they transfer out or just decide not to play anymore. NEWSFLASH: Spotted in the Liberty Eylau end zone a former THS JV starter at DE. You have to give Arkansas High credit for the victory but THS played down to the competition. The THS team, players and coaches, were not ready last night. A good 4A team is coming to town soon and another loss puts THS in the Greenville/Pine Tree stratosphere.

From what I've been told the 2nd string QB is a senior and the junior lefty is 3rd string. The senior is very athletic but never seen either of them play QB in person

Its more then just qb. From what I saw last week rb was not benched for messing up it was cramps. He played whole game last night even after he fumbled. I would rather limp through this year and let the young team grow with playing time. But I do agree there has to be somebody that can pound the ball its been awhile since we have not had a go to rb that's what is missing this year...

There is no point in blaming anybody. There is a team-wide execution problem. Inconsistent snaps, no kicking game, ongoing fumbles, lack of blocking both run & pass, poor execution, poor passes, receivers not open, and the most troubling to me is the first defensive player to the ball worrying about trying to cause a fumble instead of wrapping up. There was time & time again last night (and especially on last play) where players are only trying to strip ball. Somebody has to tackle first. There is LOTS to worry about. And there were some curious coaching decisions. Going on 4th & 5 on the 45 comes to mind when neither team is moving the ball. I have no clue why you would not punt & keep field position.

Averaging less then 2.5yds per carry and about 3 yds per pass (discount the one 61yd frantic pass at the end) isn't going to get you anywhere.