Whitehouse vs. Chapel Hill

AthenianDem83

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the "Battle of Lake Tyler"

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If CH can't find any better pass coverage than last week and start playing the WR's closer than 10 yards off, I'm afraid WH will pick CH apart.

Line backers and corners must do a better job covering those short passes in the flat and over the middle. Also got burned on the screen. On a positive note, I think they did pretty good against the deep ball.

It's no secret that WH has a high powered offense. They racked up almost 200 rushing yards and almost 350 passing yards against Texas High. Meanwhile in Lindale, Chapel Hill couldn't put together a sustaining offensive drive the entire night. Chapel Hill ran less than 40 offensive plays and I know at least 5 of them were for negative yardage. Because the offense could never get rolling, the defense was left with the task of making stops and getting off the field, which they were not able to do. Many people would say that the defense did a good job to only give up 9 points in 3 quarters, however the defense brought Lindale to 3rd down time and time again, but could not stop the quick passing game by Lindale to convert, which WH is the king of. During the 3rd quarter the CH offense only had possession for 1 play, which was a 71 yard TD pass that looked beautiful, but a time consuming drive ending in a touchdown would have been more beneficial to the defense that spent well over 24 minutes on the field the entire game.

CH obviously has to make some changes and the level of play has to increase from everyone on the field. If I'm the OC I'm not calling anymore "cute" plays. It seems that CH has the worst luck with trick plays and they always bite them back, many times in crucial points of the game. The reserve pass that was called on the one drive that CH looked to be putting something together absolutely killed the offensive momentum, and the drive. I think it would be beneficial if CH had some offensive packages where the QB was under center. Instead of the running back taking the handoff right as he starts to run, he would be taking the handoff with a head of steam. Also, a QB taking a snap under center can keep his eyes on the defense during the snap exchange, which isn't as crucial in high school as in higher levels where coverages are ultra disguised. When taking the snap out of the shotgun, the QB has to take his eyes off of the defense for almost a full second, which can take up to 3 seconds to recover from and reprocess.

I know nobody asked me, but don't like the 3-4 defense. It puts more pressure on your LB's to fill up daylight quickly and make the tackles at least by the line of scrimmage. Against Lindale the RB was getting up to LB level before he was being tackled. That will not work. Also in a 3-4 the linemen can't blow through a gap and penetrate like a 4-3. They really have to hold down blocks and at times play with a 2 gap responsibility in order to make things work out for their LB's. It was frustrating to see #66 & #62 for CH stand on the sideline the entire game against Lindale. They are the two biggest kids on the team. They could at least get in there and hold down a couple linemen to free up the LB's more.

The best defense to use against a team like WH is a 4-2-5 IMO. You can go ahead and put in a 3rd cornerback, and play a safety to each side of the field about 10 yards off the ball. It keeps at minimum a 4 man rush and makes it a little harder to run the football than with just 3 down linemen. WH QB's play half the field most of the time, and their offense lives off of the quick dink passes. The way to beat those is by getting the CB's to play up in the WR's face. As much speed as CH has, they should be able to press up in coverage with no issues of getting burned deep. Also, that is where the safety over the top comes into play.

CH has gained a reputation for having a weak secondary, which I hate. They need to play more aggressively, because obviously the bend, but don't break soft coverage hasn't worked in the past, and it won't work Friday night against WH.

Bottom line CH has to step up the intensity and play with more effort. It doesn't matter what the coaches do if the kids don't show more enthusiasm and pride in what they are doing and representing on that field.

IMO the 3-4 Defense works well when you have a oversized nasty noseguard. Someone that takes up blockers. Not to take anything away from the current nose guard. He is very athletic and moves well but doesn't have the weight to cause major problems in the middle.

Bottom line whitehouse IMO has better atheletes and

Just better players and if c-hill decides to play press

Coverage on their wr's they will get burned big time

WH doesnt have better athletes i can promise. They may play better as a team but as far as raw talent no sir....

Bottom line whitehouse IMO has better atheletes and

Just better players and if c-hill decides to play press

Coverage on their wr's they will get burned big time

Braden Davis - Class of 2014 - Whitehouse High School. I don't think you even played football for WH, so why are you running at the mouth?

WH team has 86% more players than CH

Whitehouse lists 67 varsity players.

Chapel Hill lists 36 varsity players.

WH high school has 44% more students than CH

Whitehouse submitted 1402.5

CH submitted 972

David vs. Goliath. The depth of Whitehouse really starts to show up late in the game. Chapel Hill has 5 players that make very significant contributions on both sides of the ball, and several more players that contribute some on both sides. Not to mention that Offensive and Deffensive starters for the most part have to play all special teams as well. It really shows late in the game.

Actually stankylegg my name isn't Braden and I sure as hell didn't graduate in 2014 but anyways genius this is a public forum and last time I checked you didn't have to play football to post on here so get your facts straight before you come at me and if c-hill can't beat lindale there ain't no way in hell they can hang with whouse and this is America I'm aloud to voice my opinions whenever I please

Lindale's defense was shutting CH down last week. Trying to run would not work

Lindale's Defense had a good night, however CH only ran 39 offensive plays.

3 - bad snaps - Which lead to 1 sack

2 - fumbles

3 - mishandled snaps - Which lead to 1 sack

6 - penalties - Which lead to long conversion attempts

6 - Incomplete Passes

That's 14 plays that CH shot themselves in the foot. So that leaves only 25 plays for positive yardage.

5 - Rushes by Franklin avg. 4 yards each

1 - Rush by Minor for 17 yards

2 - Rushes by Bledsoe avg. 4 yards each

2 - Completions to Phillips avg. 36 yards each

2 - Completions to King avg. 11 yards each

2 - Completions to Minor avg. 6 yards each

1 - Completion to Franklin for 11 yards

1 - Completion to O'Neal for 15 yards

1 - Completion to Walters for 16 yards

1 - Completion to Garrett for 6 yards.

That's 17 plays of positive work down the field. So that leave 8 plays where Lindale delivered a defensive blow to CH.

CH's first offensive play went for about 12 yards with a rush to the outside. CH has at least 4 RB's that can tote the rock and a solid O-Line to pave the way. Run the ball well, and the passing game will open up.

Actually stankylegg my name isn't Braden and (1) I sure as hell didn't graduate in 2014 but anyways genius this is a public forum and last time I checked you didn't have to play football to post on here so (2) get your facts straight before you (3) come at me and (4) if c-hill can't beat lindale there ain't no way in hell they can hang with whouse and (5) this is America I'm aloud to voice my opinions whenever I please

1. Obviously.

2. I wasn't stating facts, just trying to get you worked up, which obviously worked. I knew it would by the first two posts you made.

3. I don't believe one can "come at" another individual through a computer/phone screen.

4. Every once in a while fans will say that very phrase, and follow it with a big bowl of crow.

5. True... You are ALLOWED to voice your opinions ALOUD if you please. My coach once told me that the less you speak the less likely you are to look ignorant, therefore just because you can doesn't always mean that you should.

P.S. Thanks for capitalizing "America," Braden.

Ok why is this game always at the rose. I realize it a rivalry but do yall always bring that many fans opposed to others. I mean yall did play jt at Whitehouse for the District title.

You got a point. But yes usually a good crowd

Ok why is this game always at the rose. I realize it a rivalry but do yall always bring that many fans opposed to others. I mean yall did play jt at Whitehouse for the District title.

Wildcat stadium could handle the crowd, but If the game was being played at Chapel Hill I don't think Bulldog stadium would hold everyone!

Wildcat stadium could handle the crowd, but If the game was being played at Chapel Hill I don't think Bulldog stadium would hold everyone!