BYU @ Texas pregame thread

Baron

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't see it... I'm not saying they can't win it, but 14+ points is a tough task for a kid making his first start at qb with 3 starting olinemen out. The offense already was a question mark of sorts heading into this game without those guys out. I'll say BYU wins it 24-20.

Well, I was very wrong :/

You can't tell me BYU is more talented than Texas though. You just can't.

Texas really isn't that talented anymore Johnny... Their oline is bad. Linebackers are bad. Dline lacks depth. Qb play is bad. It's not like years past where I was like wow that kid is talented. There literally is about 6 players on the entire Texas two deep that are quality at their positions.

People will see what I was talking about at the end of this year. Charlie strong is not building Texas into Stanford. He's building them into A&M under Franchione.

Texas really isn't that talented anymore Johnny... Their oline is bad. Linebackers are bad. Dline lacks depth. Qb play is bad. It's not like years past where I was like wow that kid is talented. There literally is about 6 players on the entire Texas two deep that are quality at their positions.

People will see what I was talking about at the end of this year. Charlie strong is not building Texas into Stanford. He's building them into A&M under Franchione.

Fran was such a disappointment for A&M that you are trying to cast your comparison of him to Strong to ease the pain and embarrassment.

I was surprised the defense did not play better. Strong is a good coach and he will turn things around but it will not be overnight. Most of the time quick fixes do not last. Strong is going fot long term fixes that will last. I think you will see improvement as the seasons progresses.

Fran was such a disappointment for A&M that you are trying to cast your comparison of him to Strong to ease the pain and embarrassment.

Of course he was an embarrassment.

I'm just saying... Stick around. I will book mark this post and in by the end of year 2 when charlie strong is fired for his second straight 5 win season, then I'll make sure I'll remind you. Anyone that doesn't have their head buried in the sand can see the similarities between the two, but I'm not going to spend 20 minutes pointing them out for someone who wouldn't listen even if it made sense.

Sad part depending on how you look at it is going to get worse cause Ucla is next. It's a rebuilding year anyways so I wouldn't panic if I was a horn fan.

UCLA hasn't been the world beater many expected to see. They barely walked away with a HOME win over Memphis. I see a closer game than many expect...

I'm just saying... Stick around. I will book mark this post and in by the end of year 2 when charlie strong is fired for his second straight 5 win season, then I'll make sure I'll remind you. Anyone that doesn't have their head buried in the sand can see the similarities between the two, but I'm not going to spend 20 minutes pointing them out for someone who wouldn't listen even if it made sense.

Would not listen? As an alum of UT-Austin I believe that I am fairly level headed when it comes to what I think MY Horns can and cannot do. I do not have to falsely beat a drum rampantly as some T-shirt fans do to feel like they "belong". I was there at the end of Akers reign, suffered through the McWilliams and Mackovich eras, and gladly embraced the hiring of Brown. I also strongly believe that Mack's stay was over-extended. Contrary to what you think the Horn's faithful see this season and possibly the next one or two as to what it is; a purging of what Brown left as a program. He left the cupboards bare. To say that Strong will be gone in two years is, in my opinion, and the fan's and alumni's opinion that I have spoken to and know, beg to differ than what you have to think.

Hookem Horns!

Would not listen? As an alum of UT-Austin I believe that I am fairly level headed when it comes to what I think MY Horns can and cannot do. I do not have to falsely beat a drum rampantly as some T-shirt fans do to feel like they "belong". I was there at the end of Akers reign, suffered through the McWilliams and Mackovich eras, and gladly embraced the hiring of Brown. I also strongly believe that Mack's stay was over-extended. Contrary to what you think the Horn's faithful see this season and possibly the next one or two as to what it is; a purging of what Brown left as a program. He left the cupboards bare. To say that Strong will be gone in two years is, in my opinion, and the fan's and alumni's opinion that I have spoken to and know, beg to differ than what you have to think.

Hookem Horns!

Hookem Horns!

+1

Recruiting is the name of the game. Texas has not gotten it done in the last 5 or 6 years. One of the reasons is the longhorn network. Kids go where their parents can see them play live or on the television and the longhorn network limits this access because it is regional. The big 12 should have a network with the same deal as the sec and pac12 not just for one school . I still feel this cost the big 12 a&m and Missouri to premier programs in that other conference. The big 12 is a prime time conference and should have conference network deal with profit sharing to all member schools. Texas have let too many athletes get out of state and to all the other in state schools . Texas has been too fixated on size instead of talent. It am sure strong will recruit better. Just takes time .Strong will get it done!

Recruiting is the name of the game. Texas has not gotten it done in the last 5 or 6 years. One of the reasons is the longhorn network. Kids go where their parents can see them play live or on the television and the longhorn network limits this access because it is regional. The big 12 should have a network with the same deal as the sec and pac12 not just for one school . I still feel this cost the big 12 a&m and Missouri to premier programs in that other conference. The big 12 is a prime time conference and should have conference network deal with profit sharing to all member schools. Texas have let too many athletes get out of state and to all the other in state schools . Texas has been too fixated on size instead of talent. It am sure strong will recruit better. Just takes time .Strong will get it done!

Recruiting has only become an issue the last couple of years. I don't think it has anything whatsoever to do with LHN. Some has to do with the Aggies but poor play has probably contributed more than some would like to admit.