"THE BATTLE OF TYLER" John Tyler Vs Robert E. Lee

NODAYSOFFTX

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man I was looking forward to the sub-varsity games Thursday, walked outside about 4:45 and it was pouring down. I really hope the rain can hold off during the game so we can whoop up on Lee properly lol .Best of luck to both teams well good luck to Lee

it's about a 52 percent chance of rain two hours before kickoff and about 12 percent chance during the game. Hopefully that sticks up!

Man I was looking forward to the sub-varsity games Thursday, walked outside about 4:45 and it was pouring down. I really hope the rain can hold off during the game so we can whoop up on Lee properly lol .Best of luck to both teams well good luck to Lee

it's about a 52 percent chance of rain two hours before kickoff and about 12 percent chance during the game. Hopefully that sticks up!

Dallas needed some of that rain.

This series is actually pretty close over the many years its been played. Jt holds the edge by a couple of games. Lee dominated this series in the 2000 years winning 13 of 15 at one point.. However.. those years Coach Owens was here, he knew how to play this game as well as the big games.. he had an incredible coaching staff that got after it physically. They didn't win them all, but was competitive in every game.. Those are all memories now.. and this Lee group has never seemed to get that eye of the tiger edge.

I have sat at watched this group for 3 years since, and the talent is there, the kids are good kids, their numbers are good, but there is just a hurdle they have to get over to turn it around.

On the other hand JT just keeps reloading year after year, they have The Best Defensive coordinator in Barry Anderson IMO there is in the game.. This man can coach up some kids on D, and has played in many big games and 2 state championships in his career.. He is going to out coach most he plays because he knows what hes doing, and has the kids to get it done. To me he is THE man at JT and has been the man behind alot of their success, as well as their kids playing their tail off for him..

That's what Lee used to do for Owens and Staff.. Lee has to find a way to fight for 4 quarters and not one series.. and give up. Their showing some signs and improvements, but the mistakes and penalties just kill their momentum every week. They have to get some things fixed quick before district to have a season .Jt is just too much for lee this year.. Their way ahead of this group right now.. Their on the top, and lee is in the basement trying to get back up.. Im a Lee homer, but I pull for JT as well every week.. I hope they can go all the way this year.. I think they can get to at least the 3rd round, and with a little luck they can go on deeper.

The talent level at lee has always amazed me even watching their sub varsity kids then come Friday night they stink it up....it's a shame

its amazing you guys have played in Whitehouse like two years in a row. I think since they have been in yall district they have only played at the Rose Once. Good luck playing Lee tonight if its a drizzle weather could be a bit of a factor.

JT has played there twice and Whitehouse has played at the rose twice.

1st half

JT 1st play 80 yard run 7-0

Lee takes in back down field kicks field goal 7-3

Lee hold JT deep and kicks, Lee goes on long drive all the way to one to take lead.. Fumbles on 1 ( Typical Lee)

JT quick strikes 4-5 plays back for TD 14-3

Lee Holding and sloppy on O punts away

JT back down for 50 yard field goal 17- 3

A lot of penalties on Both sides JT 3 holding calls on O

Lee penalties, 2 fumbles. Hall has played his tail off, but they just keep giving it away..