ETSportsfan87

Van @ Lindale  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this one?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be Van's toughest test of the young season, and they historically struggle IN Lindale. Will this be their year to win there? Or will the Eagles prove to be too much?

Historically your right but didn't Van win in Lindale last time we played there? Two yrs. ago?

I think if Van plays well they win this game. We have a few players that will need to play smarter though because Lindale will be trying to get under their skin. Time to man up. If the Vandals play like they capable of playing we win by several scores.

Btw I like the new home uni's!!

Could go either way but I'm gonna say Lindale takes it. I know they lost to Carthage but that was only because they fumbled two kick offs in a row which gave Carthage great field advantage and Carthage made them pay for it

Can't make stupid mistakes like that next week or the same thing will happen again

Could go either way but I'm gonna say Lindale takes it. I know they lost to Carthage but that was only because they fumbled two kick offs in a row which gave Carthage great field advantage and Carthage made them pay for it

Can't make stupid mistakes like that next week or the same thing will happen again

Didn't Carthage turn the ball over deep in their end a couple times as well? From what I saw on Hudl Lindale's O & D lines looked pretty good. Should be a good game.

Van looks capable of making a deep playoff run

Van is OK, but not as good as I believe they think they are. Don't get me wrong, they were a lot better than Spring Hill Friday, but they need to get their kids under control. Several unsportsmanlike calls for kicking & late hits. They have a pretty good run game and a nice kicking game. Now with that said, I think Lindale takes this game, but if Van wants to make it at the next level & attempt a playoff run, start with discipline. I'm sure the coaches will address it. Looks like they were getting on them pretty good on the sideline, lol.

Van is OK, but not as good as I believe they think they are. Don't get me wrong, they were a lot better than Spring Hill Friday, but they need to get their kids under control. Several unsportsmanlike calls for kicking & late hits. They have a pretty good run game and a nice kicking game. Now with that said, I think Lindale takes this game, but if Van wants to make it at the next level & attempt a playoff run, start with discipline. I'm sure the coaches will address it. Looks like they were getting on them pretty good on the sideline, lol.

I agree the penalties are completely out of hand. Had a lot week 1 too. The talent is there. The coaching is there. Take away the flags and this team will be really, really tough. I'm confident this will get fixed.

Agreed. SH did instigate at least one of the unsportsmanlike's though. Player pushed after the play and when #55 pushed back the SH player flopped like he got hit by a truck lol. It worked! Still though the players need to focus on their job and pay no attention to the other stuff.

If there is one team Lindale has historically had an edge over, it is Van. Can think back of several years when Lindale basically ended their season. Funniest year was when Van could have forfeited then game and made the playoffs, but got knocked out when they played the game. Picking Lindale to do it again at home.