The Smoakhouse Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RedBird1

Sabine @ West Rusk...Who ya got?

Sabine travels to West Rusk on next Friday. The Cardinals are 1-1 after a tough loss at Frankston. The Cardinals were down 22-0 before they could break out of the Sabine of old and make a game of it. Frankston was clearly the better team, but the Cards made a game of it late. West Rusk lost to Harleton and are getting beat by Union Grove 22-13 at halftime. Hopefully the Cardinals can break form and not fall victim to the same pattern that has cursed this community for so long. Fans from Harleton were telling me that West Rusk has some athletes. Athletic teams usually cause lots of problems for Sabine, but we might just have the answer this year. Go Cards....

Sabine 15 West Rusk 12

My Prediction

Out on a limb here but I am taking da Raidas. Coach Frazier will figure out where his team is out of sync and get it fixed. I really don't think the Raiders have had a clean game yet. By that I mean a well executed game. They have the athletes and experience, which is what they lacked last year.

I'd like to see sabine cut out some of the mistakes and really dominate this game. Is this game going to be homecoming for west rusk?

Rooting for the Raiders, but I think Sabine's on the ascent. Cards win this'n.

It was a late 4th Q return kickoff that spelled doom for Sabine. We had the ball at about the Frankston 40, roughly 40 seconds left in the game, 4th and 7 incomplete pass to end the game. Sabine wins this matchup Friday night.