Week 3: CHAPEL HILL vs PARIS

LilBroKevTEN

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a big test for both. Outside of district, Paris has spit the bit in marquee matchups like this in recent years. I think this group is different, but we'll see. I'd feel better about the chances if C-Hill weren't coming in 0-2. To win, Paris must play mistake-free on offense, while the defense will need some big plays and turnovers. Hoping for a good effort with the game on the line in the 4th quarter.

Konnor has a passer rating of 98.2 in his first two varsity starts. CH is averaging over 12yds per completed pass and over 8 yards per pass. Rushing is less than a 3 yard average for the team, so the dogs need to work on that. The biggest issue with their low rush average is self inflicted (fumbled handoffs, bad snaps, busted trick play, and several major out of the pocket sacks for big losses.).

Are they running the wildcat?

Not so far. They run primarily out of the shotgun with 1 back split to either side. Last game they introduced the dual split backs. The QB (6-3, 215) is a beast to bring down and both running backs have speed. The sophomore makes impressive cuts, while the junior is more of a power threat. Both runners are good blockers and outstanding receivers.

Not so far. They run primarily out of the shotgun with 1 back split to either side. Last game they introduced the dual split backs. The QB (6-3, 215) is a beast to bring down and both running backs have speed. The sophomore makes impressive cuts, while the junior is more of a power threat. Both runners are good blockers and outstanding receivers.

That's style offense with two capable back and an athletic QB can be a recipe for a potent offense. I hope CH can at least contain it and let their offense make up the difference.

CH made huge improvements in one week. The 3-4 defense is starting to come together. The offense is finding their identity. The have speed to burn at the LB position. I think CH will come ready to play. CH by 14+

I still think the d-line needs to get some more depth for rotation, maybe a heavy package for short yardage.

Got you all worked up just like you tried to get me 2 can play this game btw if we are pussycats but we beat your puppy dogs by 10 what does that say about your team

Trust me Braden. I'm not worked up. Pussycats was me being sarcastic. If Paris dominates CH then that will make WH look not so good.

well the impressive thing that people dont know about the Whitehouse game is that with out the 75 yd td busted coverage by the way. Then WH has under 200 pasing yards and they had 31 yds rushing going into the 4th. ended up with 150 total rushing. They racked up over 520 the week before so they where held to about just over 400. that does not happen to whitehouse with all of their explosive plays. Now on to Paris they are athletic but they have not played the competiton that Chill has played. They have not played a team with just as much speed at them or maybe more. If Chill can play mistake free then they can win this game and start some momentum. Whitehouse was a good team just not as cold as The guy up top thinks. They have some speed but not as much as they think.

well the impressive thing that people dont know about the Whitehouse game is that with out the 75 yd td busted coverage by the way. Then WH has under 200 pasing yards and they had 31 yds rushing going into the 4th. ended up with 150 total rushing. They racked up over 520 the week before so they where held to about just over 400. that does not happen to whitehouse with all of their explosive plays. Now on to Paris they are athletic but they have not played the competiton that Chill has played. They have not played a team with just as much speed at them or maybe more. If Chill can play mistake free then they can win this game and start some momentum. Whitehouse was a good team just not as cold as The guy up top thinks. They have some speed but not as much as they think.

I agree. CH has to eliminate the turnovers this week.