SMU's June Jones "Resigns"

sawemoff

I'm glad he's resigned, because the Ponies haven't lived up to what I expected with June at the helm. I saw promise from 2009-2011, but the last three years haven't been what I expected. I can sort of understand the loss to Baylor, but not the whipping we took in Denton from North Texas. I don't want Mack as the head coach, because I see far younger and better coaches on the horizon.

That 29-yr old OC down at A&M, Jake Spavital, is a whiz kid and a master recruiter as well. Sumlin won't be able to keep him long because he's already head coach material. SMU ought to look at him pretty hard or someone else will snatch him up......

Shame about June Jones, a class act.

I have seen nothing to suggest that, but I have seen several articles that say the opposite

Everything says he has stepped down for personal issues. Those issues don't just come from no where. He wouldn't have personal issues if SMU was 2-0 or even 1-1. Just like Ron Washington wouldn't be stepping down for personal reasons if the Rangers were in the race.

SMU isn't going to shame the guy. He did wonders for them.

Everything says he has stepped down for personal issues. Those issues don't just come from no where. He wouldn't have personal issues if SMU was 2-0 or even 1-1. Just like Ron Washington wouldn't be stepping down for personal reasons if the Rangers were in the race.

SMU isn't going to shame the guy. He did wonders for them.

Rumor has it, he was fed up with admin. Not everyone was playing the same song and some in the choir weren't even allowed to sing. Sounds like he was just fed up with BS.

It was a mutual thing.........but it was mainly June. He was getting frustrated because the whole reason he left the Islands for the mainland was due to the Admins @ UH not backing him and not singing the same tune, despite the success they were having. SMU is not about Football anymore, it just is not. Ever been to a game? It is a social event that a bunch of trust fund kids dress up for and dont even care to know when they score or get trucked. The admins could not care less. June is a class act, and as much as I love Mike Leach, he would have it worse with apathy there than anywhere else.

Stand by what I said. If the Rangers had the best record in their division, I can't see him just stepping down. Wash will speak out eventually.

Stand by what I said. If the Rangers had the best record in their division, I can't see him just stepping down. Wash will speak out eventually.

In a year maybe. It was probably some type non-disclosure agreement where he doesn't say anything and gets his money. That way the the team doesn't look bad for firing a guy that took them to two world Series.

Got to listen to the SMU vs Baylor game on 92.1. There'll be 10 more of these on radio for the SMU advertisers. I heard on sports radio yesterday evening that things had started downhill between him and the administration after the Arizona St. game a few years ago. What's the story on that? I pulled for June Jones and the Ponies, but things seemed to go south.