NCAA Perfect Final Four

Coach Rab

I see A&M has vastly improved but I am not ready to put them into the Final four. Usce struggled against east carlina and A&M just played a high school and will play a couple of Jr colleges.

With that no one has really just wowed the competition. A&M LSU OREGON seem to have huge wins.

LSU's win wasn't huge, but it was telling. LSU showed some balls and potential in that comeback. What I like about it is that the defense really clamped down late and forced their will against Sam Houston State. Mississippi State in 2 weeks will be another sign of how good LSU may be, its just hard for me as a fan to make them a top 4-5 team, especially when they don't know who their QB is. A&M looked and looks to be in mid-season form early as well as Oregon.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Schedules are tough for a couple of these teams.

Auburn has :

K. State

LSU

MS. St.

S. Carolina

Ole MS.

A&M

Georgia

Alabama

Arkansas (already played and much improved over prior yr)

A&M has:

Arkansas

MS. St.

Ole MS

Alabama

Auburn

Mizzou

LSU

S. Carolina (already played and no as good as prior yr)

LSU has:

MS ST.

Auburn

Florida (could really be interesting depending on what Florida actually has this year)

Ole MS.

Alabama

Arkansas

A&M

Kentucky (much improved over last yr. but that may not say a lot)

Wisconsin (already played)

Alabama has:

Florida

Ole Ms.

Arkansas

A&M

Tennessee (we will find out this week what they have)

LSU

MS. ST.

Auburn

W. Virginia (already played)

That is not a tough schedule for Bama... Florida and Tenn are not expected to challenge either of those teams. I can't wait until we see a day where Bama has to play 2 conference contenders in the east. Oh wait, that can't happen since they get to wipe the floor with a Tennessee team that hasn't been good since Peyton Manning played there...

That is not a tough schedule for Bama... Florida and Tenn are not expected to challenge either of those teams. I can't wait until we see a day where Bama has to play 2 conference contenders in the east. Oh wait, that can't happen since they get to wipe the floor with a Tennessee team that hasn't been good since Peyton Manning played there...

So basically, you think it's a easier schedule for BAMA, because they have Tennessee, and LSU has Kentucky? I'm willing to bet Tennessee beats Kentucky when they play. BAMA does get Auburn at home, but they go to Death Valley. LSU goes to Auburn, but I'm not seeing where the schedules are all that different.

If you only do 4 teams at minimum 1 conference champ gets left out so it's possible a deserving team doesn't get a shot.

The Big Ten champ won't be deserving, and never will again. Problem solved!

Seriously, I don't even want to hear how Ohio State or Michigan State deserves to be in the playoff by running that junk conference. Don't. Want. To. Hear.

Schedules are tough for a couple of these teams.

Auburn has :

K. State

LSU

MS. St.

S. Carolina

Ole MS.

A&M

Georgia

Alabama

Arkansas (already played and much improved over prior yr)

A&M has:

Arkansas

MS. St.

Ole MS

Alabama

Auburn

Mizzou

LSU

S. Carolina (already played and no as good as prior yr)

LSU has:

MS ST.

Auburn

Florida (could really be interesting depending on what Florida actually has this year)

Ole MS.

Alabama

Arkansas

A&M

Kentucky (much improved over last yr. but that may not say a lot)

Wisconsin (already played)

Alabama has:

Florida

Ole Ms.

Arkansas

A&M

Tennessee (we will find out this week what they have)

LSU

MS. ST.

Auburn

W. Virginia (already played)

Okay seriously, you need to stop acting like teams are tough just cause they're sec, lol

Miss St

Kentucky

Arkansas....this isn't the '80's, lol

S Carolina....they clearly are NOT the team everyone thought they were coming into the season. I mean, even as Lion pointed out, they struggled with ECU!

Florida....so they beat the mighty Eagles of Eastern Michigan, LOL. Well guess what, they won a game last year too...matter of fact, 4 of them, lol. Point is, the mere fact they are an SEC team is NOT enough to label them a tough game yet.

Now I'm not saying each of these teams don't have tough schedules. Like I said at the start of the season, the fact they all actually play each other this year (most of them), A&M, Georgia, LSU, Bama, Auburn and in addition to a couple of their OOC games, they do have some tough games. But stop acting like every single game is tough when it isn't!

Me and a buddy discussed this at length today and we both came to this conclusion that sums it up perfectly...

If you only do 4 teams at minimum 1 conference champ gets left out so it's possible a deserving team doesn't get a shot. If you go 8 teams than a conference is getting 2+ teams in and then it will also be looked at as unfair. If you go 16 teams same thing.

If you have a selection committee, the fans will suspect bias regardless of picks. If you go by computers the fans will be mad about human logic being left out.

Finally, there HAS BEEN AND NEVER WILL BE a true national champion. There's too many teams and too much inequality in college football for this to work. What we are about to have this year and for the foreseeable future is a "playoff champion." It will never be fair. It will never be indisputable. It will never be agreed upon.

That's why I call for a 32 team playoff. Then there can be only 1 left. The Cinderellas might make it to the Big 8, but they won't make it to the Final 4. No one would dispute that Champion, unless they lost by a freak play as Alabama did against Auburn last year or something similar. We would still say they are the National Champion with a playoff.

That's why I call for a 32 team playoff. Then there can be only 1 left. The Cinderellas might make it to the Big 8, but they won't make it to the Final 4. No one would dispute that Champion, unless they lost by a freak play as Alabama did against Auburn last year or something similar. We would still say they are the National Champion with a playoff.

Really 32?.... That's just over kill.

Really 32?.... That's just over kill.

I didn't say they had to play on Christmas Eve or even Christmas, but it would definitely be worth watching, and NO ONE would question who the final Champion is. I'd rather watch those games than many NFL playoff games, unless the Cowboys are involved.

That's one round too many. A 16 team playoff is the optimal number in my view. 32 is too many and only 8 would leave out a possible deserving team that could be a one loss team ...

I didn't say they had to play on Christmas Eve or even Christmas, but it would definitely be worth watching, and NO ONE would question who the final Champion is. I'd rather watch those games than many NFL playoff games, unless the Cowboys are involved.

Cowboys playoff games a aren't going to happen for awhile. 32 teams is too many. I like 8.

Okay seriously, you need to stop acting like teams are tough just cause they're sec, lol

Miss St

Kentucky

S Carolina....they clearly are NOT the team everyone thought they were coming into the season. I mean, even as Lion pointed out, they struggled with ECU!

Florida....so they beat the mighty Eagles of Eastern Michigan, LOL. Well guess what, they won a game last year too...matter of fact, 4 of them, lol. Point is, the mere fact they are an SEC team is NOT enough to label them a tough game yet.

Now I'm not saying each of these teams don't have tough schedules. Like I said at the start of the season, the fact they all actually play each other this year (most of them), A&M, Georgia, LSU, Bama, Auburn and in addition to a couple of their OOC games, they do have some tough games. But stop acting like every single game is tough when it isn't!

No, I was not saying every opponent listed was real tough, but what it does show is each of the 4 teams still have 3 opponents left on their schedule that can beat them. There are a couple more or 1 or 2 more teams that, if they play their best and the other teams are not up to the challenge they could suffer another loss. Also, there are a couple of teams that we do not know just how much they have improved (Florida, Tennessee, Kentucky, Arkansas).

I never said nor implied that ever game was tough. Someone else posted that a few of these teams chances were diminished because of their schedules so, I just posted the schedules. I started to only post the 3 or 4 teams that had good chances of beating each of the the 4 teams I listed but decided to list all of the conference games for those 4 teams so, someone like you, would not turn around and say that they had a bunch of easy games too and that I did not list them on purpose!

In regards to Florida, yes they scored 65 points against a weak team. However, last year the most points they scored all year was 31 points and they played a couple of weak teams. Also, they had no shut outs last year. There is a good chance they are much improved and not too many years away from the point of time that they were a major player. Like I said we do not know about them but they may turn out to be tough.

I guess they looked about as good at Baylor beating the mighty Northwesters State! One thing is for sure, they looked much better than Okie state did against Missouri St, or Tx Tech against UTEP/Central Arkansas, or TCU against Samford, or Kansas against SE Missouri St and even better than W. Virginia against Towson. So I'm not sure of your point? At lease Eastern Michigan is FBS.

There's never going to be a perfect system. Because there are too many teams. 4 will be fine because there were times when the BCS got it right. Like when Texas won or when Miami and fsu and Tennessee won theirs. It was flawed before the BCS and it will still be flawed. Everyone just needs to live with it. Anyways my teams are Oregon, FSU, Baylor, and Bama. I think Baylor will beat OU.

Miss St

Kentucky

Well, in regards to Arkansas, go ask T. Tech how tough they are! Again, I never said they were world beaters, only that there were much improved over last year and were capable of playing one a tough game. So, I guess I as wrong? Also, we know what happened to Arkansas the past two years, take those two season away and they have not actually done too bad since 2002. During that time they have had 7 years winning 8 or more game and 5 seasons winning 9 or most. Petrino had built them into a power before the accident.

East Carolina? Go ask Virginia Tech how tough they are! Didn't Virginia Tech beat Ohio St pretty good last week? Also, didn't East Carolina go 10=3 last year, beating 2 ACC team and almost beating a 3rd on they way to winning a bowl game. It seems you are real quick to dismiss teams!

Miss. St. well it's still to early to tell but if you do not think they can play you tough I would have to disagree. They are not Vandy.

Kentucky and Florida, well all I can say was that sure was a tough game for each of them. I would have to admit we will have to see a little further down the road. For Florida, that would be next week and for Kentucky that will be in two weeks. I still say both teams are improved over last year with Kentucky very mush improved! Kentucky has already matched their win total from last year and last year, they lost to a Florida team that only won 4 games by 17 points.

South Carolina, yes, they may still have some issues but go ask Georgia if they are a tough team. You can down play Georgia all you want but Georgia is still a tough team.

Again, the point I was making with the teams I listed originally was that there are 3 or 4 teams, possibly 4 when looking at Auburn's, that are very capable (very good chance) of beating the teams that I listed. That is why the odds pickers have picked the SEC chances of having an undefeated teams to be the lowest of any conference at 29% and that was before this weeks games. When you look at Oklahoma and Baylor's schedule, both great teams, there is only 1 team that has a good chance of beating them with one more that could if all things go their way. The same goes for Oregon while Florida St has no teams on their schedule that can beat them unless Florida does prove to be for real. However, even of Florida proves to be a at the lower end of the top tier teams, I do not think they will be have a good chance to beat Florida St.

That was a higher jump that I anticipated! However, they fell 12 spots after being ranked #9 and losing to #23. They them moved up 10 spots to #13 after beating #6. The season is early and the polls are trying to adjust, they should balance out. However, the pools do not matter, it is the selection committee.

USC was ranked #14 and beat #13 and moved up 5 spots and then got beat (run over) by an un-ranked team and only fell 8 spots. Stanford #13 got beat by #14 USC and only fell 2 spots. Now the movement of those two teams look more like Pac 12 bias to me.

Look at Notre Dame, they moved up from #16 to #9 (7 spots) and have not beat a ranked team. They beat Rice, Michigan and Purdue. I not saying they are not any good but just stating what they have done.

Michigan St. only fell 6 spots after getting beat by 19 points and then moved up 2 spots without even playing a game.

Please, do not hate the ones who love you!!!!

I tried my best!

That was a higher jump that I anticipated! However, they fell 12 spots after being ranked #9 and losing to #23. They them moved up 10 spots to #13 after beating #6. The season is early and the polls are trying to adjust, they should balance out. However, the pools do not matter, it is the selection committee.

USC was ranked #14 and beat #13 and moved up 5 spots and then got beat (run over) by an un-ranked team and only fell 8 spots. Stanford #13 got beat by #14 USC and only fell 2 spots. Now the movement of those two teams look more like Pac 12 bias to me.

Look at Notre Dame, they moved up from #16 to #9 (7 spots) and have not beat a ranked team. They beat Rice, Michigan and Purdue. I not saying they are not any good but just stating what they have done.

Michigan St. only fell 6 spots after getting beat by 19 points and then moved up 2 spots without even playing a game.

Please, do not hate the ones who love you!!!!

I tried my best!

Michigan St is a poor example. Although they got beat, they played and looked good in that game. They can't help that people in front of them in the rankings lost for them to move up on an off week :)

Tough to follow a great selection. :) Oregon .. Florida State .. Baylor .. Alabama. And yes, the key game is Oklahoma vs Baylor.

I agree with this currently, except I have Oklahoma edging Baylor right now. There's still a lot of football to play, things could change. Alabama still has to play Auburn, LSU, and A&M. Florida State looks like it's going to be another breeze schedule, but Oregon still has Stanford, UCLA, and Oregon St. plays Oregon tough sometimes.